Sponsored

ABS/ADVANCTRAC/TRACTION CONTROL/AIRBAG Lights and losing traction control!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mohammed
Vehicle(s)
S550
So I've ran into a big issue with my s550 GT. All of a sudden while I'm driving on the highway the alarm lights for the traction and abs and airbag lights were on and I lost power steering! I stopped the car, turned it off then back on and started driving the lights switched off then after reaching a speed of 20 mph the lights were back on. I also noticed the car was feeling jumpy or as if the traction control was engaging by cutting of the gas and a ticking sound, mind you when the lights are back on this jumpiness stops and the car drives normally except for the power steering and traction remain off I also lost hill assist, cruise control and basically every driving assistance :lipssealed:
I have no mods or tunes on the car its bone stock.

I hope some one could help me out with this random issue.
I took it to the dealer and they were not helpful at all.

anyone else ran into the same issue?
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Sounds like a wheel sensor went bad. Pull the codes.

OP
OP
The 5th element
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mohammed
Vehicle(s)
S550
Sounds like a wheel sensor went bad. Pull the codes.
here is what i got
U0401/U0100/C0051/U3003/U0415

mind u I replaced the right rear wheel sensor and replaced the battery with a new one and the issue is still not fixed.
I'm thinking maybe its the Abs module but the dealer said the module is good. but im not sure if I can take their word for it.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Those are communication faults. Probably from changing the battery. Have the dealer reset all the modules in the car.

Or

If you are comfortable doing it yourself get a free program called ForScan.

OP
OP
The 5th element
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mohammed
Vehicle(s)
S550
Those are communication faults. Probably from changing the battery. Have the dealer reset all the modules in the car.

Or

If you are comfortable doing it yourself get a free program called ForScan.
hey man thanks for the reply!
these codes were pulled at the dealer before they changed the battery, the wheel sensor was changed at a friends shop and he reset the modules and the issue was not fixed.

after changing the battery and replacing the sensor i haven't pulled any codes so im not sure if the codes changed or some of them cleared or not.

do you think i should reset the modules again just to make sure ?

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Resetting them won't hurt anything and if the lights stay off you are fine. If the lights and codes come back you have other issues that the dealer should be able to find.

Good luck.

OP
OP
The 5th element
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mohammed
Vehicle(s)
S550
Resetting them won't hurt anything and if the lights stay off you are fine. If the lights and codes come back you have other issues that the dealer should be able to find.

Good luck.
Thanks,
I hope someone that faced the same issues enlighten me with some tips or possible solutions.

as I said the dealer wasn't helpful at all.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
If the codes are coming back you have either a bad module, wiring or connection issues. Are the new codes the same? Are all the codes coming at the same time or did you list codes that occurred over time?

I need a code that points me to the offending part.
Sponsored