Sponsored

Tow Hook for GT350 US Model???

jlwdvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 350R, '13 Boss 302, '15 Z/28, '69 TA
Blowfish Racing makes a nice kit for the S197 cars that was easy to install with no cutting of the bumper. They're working on a kit for the S550 that should be ready before the 2016 track season.

https://www.blowfishracing.com/towi...-front-tow-hook-kit-with-splitter-mounts.html

The grill has to be cut a little bit on 13&14's on the front and a slot has to be cut in the rear (under the license plate). I installed both on my 13/Boss...it was easier to do than I thought! Planning on getting them for my GT350...if it ever gets here! Ordered 6/4.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Pathetic that the Camaro's have them out of the box and Ford doesnt even give them for the GT350. Cost saving bs...
That just tells me that Camaros are more apt to be towed..... ;)

TraKWeapon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack On Order
The grill has to be cut a little bit on 13&14's on the front and a slot has to be cut in the rear (under the license plate). I installed both on my 13/Boss...it was easier to do than I thought! Planning on getting them for my GT350...if it ever gets here! Ordered 6/4.
Yep. I'm not planning on installing one on the rear this time around. I had the cooltech's on my GT but like the simple install of the Blowfish better. They make nice quality products. Hopefully they have an updated fire extinguisher mount out soon as well.

Essex Wire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg
Here's how they did it on the GT350R-C. Looks good. It looks like it might be the Blowfish one. Any ideas how it gets mounted? Only other concern is that it looks like the paint and stripes on the top of the bumper would easily get scratched when you actully hook the car up for a tow.

Sponsored

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
My understanding is they used a steel bumper beam on the GT350R-C versus the aluminum on the GT350. Therefore it looks like a different mounting point is required. It sounds like Steve from Blowfish is looking for a GT350 to look at so he can determine what will work. Anyone that has taken delivery near his shop?

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
As far as I know, it's welded to the bumper bar. The thing is it's steel on the R-C and aluminum on the production cars. Would the aluminum bars be incapable of having a tow hook mounted on them? I don't know.

Mazrouei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, Ducati Monster 821, 2010 Mustang GT
The GT350 is unavailable outside of North America. Ford likes to save a few bucks by pretending nobody will ever need a tow in a Mustang.
That's not true I got my gt350 from a local dealer in dubai, and I know for a fact that at least one Saudi dealer had 3. I don't have the tow hook either:shrug:

Sponsored

Rig Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Tow Hook for Track

I installed the Dusold tow hook - straightforward installation and requires a small hole to be made in the lower grill. The tow hook bracket is stout and bolts to the backside of the existing bumper reinforcement bar.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
That's not true I got my gt350 from a local dealer in dubai, and I know for a fact that at least one Saudi dealer had 3. I don't have the tow hook either:shrug:
They aren't official markets. Less than 200 have been exported by Ford.

RadBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 BOSS302, 29 Model A Roadster
Who makes prefabricated rigging to specifically tie down this beast to the deck hooks in an enclosed or open trailer. I had to play it by ear bringing it home. Thankfully I had some wheel block wedges to really restrict its movement and I did not have a satisfactory webbing tie down system.
Sponsored