OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I would get in contact with your tuner and beefcake. What size is your wastegate? I have a tial 44mm wastegate on my Procharger set up and haven't had any issues.
I have a Turbosmart HyperGate 45 Wastegate. It's what comes with the @beefcake torque booster. I have lund and a local tuner around the area tune it. Same result. They tried tweaking the E boost controller I have boost still drops
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
from the email you sent, your trying to use a controller, with a high spring pressure, which you cannot do. unless your trying to start at like 20psi and up. you mentioned running a 14psi spring,

when your running off spring pressure, you set the spring for the exact pressure that you want, if you want 10, you set it at 10, if you want 12, you set it at 12, if you want 14, you set it at 14, the spring opens at that pressure.

when your trying to run off a controller though, you have to start with a lower spring pressure, so the controller, can actually do the work it wants to do, so depending on the pressure your trying to run, you should only have like a 3-5 lb spring in the gate. our hellion setup is running 25 psi, but i only have a 7lb spring, as we up pressure on the controller, we up pressure on the gate as well with the eboost 2

as far as what a company that doesn't race, or have a clue about our setups, that we have been running for 7 years, and they just copied a couple weeks ago, put and put in a $150 cheaper wastegate, and setll it for $50 less, to bend over the customer, i could care less about what they have to say. we build and race some of the quickest coyotes in the country, have won multiple national events, have the quickest centrifical coyote on the planet...... and have been doing this for some time. i didn't build this to make gobs of money, i did it to help the guys out. i can easily put a smaller wastegate in the kit and drop the price, but i'm trying to give the guys a quality product, with a gate that can do the job, grow with them, and not weld it looking like a 7 year old did it.....

#rantover

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Thanks for getting back to me. I bought this kit used with the wasgate. The guy said it was a 14lbs spring and he's not exactly sure what spring is in there. I don't know alot of people with this setup with a boost controller and everyone I talk to tuner/ people with superchargers.. act like the wastegate with a boost controller on a vortech supercharger won't work.

Right now I wanna run 12 lbs of boost all the way to 7300 rpm without the boost dropping off. I want it to hold the boost. Level off at the top not drop. Then when I go E85 turn it up to 14 or 15lbs of boost. Do you sell the springs that I need? And if you don't can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks again
so with buying the kit used, and not knowing what spring is in it, first thing to do, is put in the proper spring for what your trying to do. again, if your on a controller, get a 5lb spring, and then you know whats in there. it always helps to have all the info, like knowing it's used and don't know what the spring setup is.

get the right spring in, set up the controller properly, and then go from there and should work just as you want.

knowing what boost you are actually making and what it's setup for helps a ton, if for example your have it sprung for 13 or 14 psi, and you have a 13 to 14 psi pulley, it's gonna fluctuate some

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
This concept of the torque booster is interesting.

Why can't you just use a restrictor plate between the air intake and the blower? That's what East Coast Supercharger is doing with their kits for Corvettes by limiting boost on the top end with a smaller pulley. There's arguments that it causes higher heat but they seem to be doing well with their race cars and no issues with heat.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
a wastegate is a lot more versitile and a simple change of the spring lets you adjust boost

JP Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JP Knight
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Has any one have any other issue with wastegate? Does your tuner likes it or has a hard time tuning? I know for personal experience that boost controller tents to fluctuates so I prefer to use the spring. How easy is it to takes wastegate off to go full 3.3 boost when you want to?
Sponsored