Sponsored

Took delivery of a new 2019 gt350r last night. Here's how it showed up...

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Me too. That car looks badly used and abused. Do the VIN numbers match?. This is some crazy shit if it was sold BRAND NEW
Sponsored

Roush_Trakpak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 RS2 Trakpak
I recently bought a gt350r from a dealer way up in the northeast. I’m all the way in the southeast so of course I’d have to get the car shipped. The day the delivery driver picked the car up he told me the car was pretty dusty. I was just kinda like ok that’s fine I’m getting it paint corrected and ppf’d anyway.

Last night my car finally gets here. He pulls it off the trailer and here's what I see:

The car is absolutely covered in swirl marks, including every wheel. A few spots of on the paint are marred. There's a few scratches in the vinyl stripes. There's an inch long scratch in one of the wheels. There's another scratch in one of the other wheels. The part on the hood that everyone warns you about where you lift up the windshield wiper, that's scraped too. The car was in an enclosed trailer for only 2 days during transport. He also had a Lamborghini Gallardo on the trailer with my 350r and it wasn't dirty and scratched like mine so.. I have no reason to believe any of the damage came from transport.

EDIT: the GM of the dealer has offered to pay for a paint correction. I’m still upset but I’ll take it and consider it resolved.

The pictures might not do justice but if anyone cares to see more I'll throw some more on here. What should I do?... View attachment 486372 View attachment 486373 View attachment 486374
roof.jpg
splitter chip.jpg
wheel scratch 2.jpg
wheel scratches.jpg
dusty side.jpg
If it makes you feel any better I had a worse experience when I received my Roush.
It's black with the matte black stripes with red accents like your 350R.
They sent me pictures of the car before it left Charlotte.
I was under the impression it was shipped enclosed well it wasn't.
After they picked up mine the driver went to IAA salvage auction and picked up several
wrecked newer cars. Mine was on the bottom and they loaded the wrecks on top.
By time the driver got to Oklahoma City the wrecked cars had been dropping parts
all over my car. I had dents, deep scratches to the metal and pieces of missing paint.
It took quite a bit to get the car back to the way it left Charlotte a few days before.
Sorry this happened to you but I can definately feel your pain.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
When I took delivery of my 19 BULLITT... I told the dealership not to touch the car...no way, no how, plastic left on, don’t even dust it off!! I gave that to my salesman...in writing... they I proceeded to remove everything, paint correction and 2 coats of CQuartz Ceramic Coating... the car was perfect in every way!! Alignments were perfect....... 26 hrs later... I was finished and it was stunning!!! View attachment 487769 View attachment 487770 View attachment 487771 View attachment 487772 View attachment 487773
B2E01501-B573-4F92-BFC0-BA1648EA3EB9.jpeg
404C478E-7C27-415C-BF1F-ACEBFC8031BB.jpeg
F3A90FD2-542F-4367-BA5E-D51D363C4381.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
If it makes you feel any better I had a worse experience when I received my Roush.
It's black with the matte black stripes with red accents like your 350R.
They sent me pictures of the car before it left Charlotte.
I was under the impression it was shipped enclosed well it wasn't.
After they picked up mine the driver went to IAA salvage auction and picked up several
wrecked newer cars. Mine was on the bottom and they loaded the wrecks on top.
By time the driver got to Oklahoma City the wrecked cars had been dropping parts
all over my car. I had dents, deep scratches to the metal and pieces of missing paint.
It took quite a bit to get the car back to the way it left Charlotte a few days before.
Sorry this happened to you but I can definately feel your pain.
JUST WOW!

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Fixing swirl marks is one thing, having to have a shop fix larger scratches is totally unacceptable for a new car. You're being forced to remove parts of the already thin clear coat, leaving you with less material to work with in the future.

Sponsored

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
Paying thousands??:giggle:

Maybe I am missing something here but has not the GM of the selling dealership offered to make this right by picking up the cost of a paint correction?
:sunglasses:
May have, I could have missed that post. But I have seen it on these boards numerous times where people pay 2-3k for paint correction and coating. Thats why I said my remark of paying thousands. You cool with that big guy?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
May have, I could have missed that post. But I have seen it on these boards numerous times where people pay 2-3k for paint correction and coating. Thats why I said my remark of paying thousands. You cool with that big guy?
Don't say that you could have missed the post when you obviously did otherwise you would not have responded accordingly.

As far as numerous times where people pay 2-3k for paint correction and coating, I suggest that you go back and reread your post #72 whereby you only spoke about a paint correction and never once brought up coatings.

Carry on with your continual excuses of maybe missing posts and now adding paint coatings to the mix of your dismal posts.

:facepalm:

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't say that you could have missed the post when you obviously did otherwise you would not have responded accordingly.

As far as numerous times where people pay 2-3k for paint correction and coating, I suggest that you go back and reread your post #72 whereby you only spoke about a paint correction and never once brought up coatings.

Carry on with your continual excuses of maybe missing posts and now adding paint coatings to the mix of your dismal posts.

:facepalm:
Good job buddy :clap:

Sponsored

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Yeah I have a guy I go to for paint correction and ppf. It'll cost me about $4-5000
^^^^
Yep. Spent $3500 for ppf on entire frontend. A posts. Bottom rockers. Front rear of rear tire.
Ceramic coating on everything else.
After muti step paint correction on our '19 Bullitt that had rust on chrome trim and a freaking stain on door glass that amazingly came out w/abrasive polish job.

All looks top notch now. But a mess off the delivery trailer from dealership 2.5 hrs away from another state.
They paid for all the correction and cleanup wrk.
Which had to be done anyway for ppf & cer coat anyhow. The rusting rail dust on chrome looked horrible but actually cleanup went great.

A good detailer can do amazing things.
Just dont go too 1 of those $495 guys.
My $3500 deal would normally be a $5k deal in most quality shops. But thats between me & them. Good paint correction is no difficult. Yet not many detail shops care too do good quality wrk.
Luckily we hav a great 1 here in our area.

Document everything..as we did.
Give them options like take car bk & they fix. Which they wont want too do too cost.
& #2 choice is u tell um your guy fixes everything and they pay the bill.
MAKE SURE YOU STIPULATED IN 7-10 DAYS THEY PAY BILL. or they will likely drag it out as long as possible before paying it. They likely pay. But drag azz doing it.
So make that a point of contention for sure.
A time frame of when bill is too be satisfied.
Good luck. Once you get most of it dealt with. Should be a nice car. Wherls might need extra attention beyond a detail shops abilities though.

But most likely, repairable.
Regards

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Its You're not your.

You're means "you are"
Your means "your"
You can always tell when it's someone's first time trolling on the internet. They always result to correcting grammar...sigh

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can always tell when it's someone's first time trolling on the internet. They always result to correcting grammar...sigh
You can always tell when someone thinks they are holier than everyone. If someone is going to be dick towards me, they're getting right back.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You can always tell when someone thinks they are holier than everyone. If someone is going to be dick towards me, they're getting right back.
9E048217-7DF7-4B32-9B17-A2C416A77E17.gif

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You can always tell when someone thinks they are holier than everyone. If someone is going to be dick towards me, they're getting it right back.
Also, fixed that for you
Sponsored