Sponsored

Took delivery of a new 2019 gt350r last night. Here's how it showed up...

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Is VIN matches to the new car? I'm asking because to me, the car on the pictures looks used.
i would agree thats not just from test drives
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I would agree that most new cars have defects in the body/paint. It's a moving object parked next to other moving objects in a large corral (ie- ford assembly lots, transport, dealership). But in the OP situation this is a bit of an extreme.
If you got a killer deal on the car and the issues can be fixed, then keep the car and make the dealership pay for the repairs/correction. Personally I would send it back and look for another, but that is just me.
In the case of a special car like the "R" model you would hope that purchasing new would afford you a car that hasn't been abused engine wise or to extremes with the body/paint work. That car should have been in the showroom and not in a storage barn; I don't care how far out in the boonies they were.
I have never purchased a brand new car, I don't like taking the depreciation hit and in the case of my 350 I looked for a lightly used (under 5k miles) model at a dealership that I was comfortable with. In my case it was a BMW dealership in another state that took very good care of the car and sent me numerous photos and videos.. I hope everything turns out to your satisfaction.

OP
OP

JakeHillsucks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2019 gt350r, 2018 Mercedes C43
It’s almost been a week since I’ve had the car and I’ve put about 50 miles on it. Is there still a chance I could send the car back?..

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
It’s almost been a week since I’ve had the car and I’ve put about 50 miles on it. Is there still a chance I could send the car back?..
I thought your dealer taking care of the paint correction. Was it done properly? If so, is there another reason you want to return this car?

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I believe the possibility exist that their joy has been taken. First by the dealership's poor delivery. The fact it now is stressful having to deal with issues on a brand new speciality car. Maybe wife, neighbors looking at him funny. Sure there was a pre delivery build up.

It is in the same context: small child on the way to school, mom in a hurry. Mom drops honey bun face down on kitchen floor handing to child for breakfast. Mom picks up, looks at it, maybe picks dog hair off of honey bun.

Then she gives honey bun to child and says, "it's Ok, running late let's go"

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
maybe picks dog hair off of honey bun.
Then she gives honey bun to child and says, "it's Ok, running late let's go"
considering how the kid puts their fingers in dirt and wipes it all over their face to help strengthen their immune system, this is perfectly acceptable. :)

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Yes it is acceptable, same as a consensus that it is acceptable to take delivery of 350.
But the kid still taste the grit, the honey bun has lost its appeal.
Maybe like picking up Jane for a 9 pm date, then you find out Jane also had an afternoon date the same day. Ummmmm

OP
OP

JakeHillsucks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
I thought your dealer taking care of the paint correction. Was it done properly? If so, is there another reason you want to return this car?
It’s just been eating at me. Yeah the paint can be corrected but I haven’t felt excited about this car since I got it because of the damage and that’s pretty shitty.

Ive been finding more issues that you can’t see on pictures since I’ve gotten the car and I just get this sinking feeling thinking about it. Losing sleep and shit.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It’s just been eating at me. Yeah the paint can be corrected but I haven’t felt excited about this car since I got it because of the damage and that’s pretty shitty.

Ive been finding more issues that you can’t see on pictures since I’ve gotten the car and I just get this sinking feeling thinking about it. Losing sleep and shit.
contact the dealership, explain the situation and your desire to have them take back the car. Based upon what their return or satisfaction policy is they may just take the car back or offer to locate another R for you and you can be done with this mess.
If the dealership is non-cooperative I would escalate this to Ford Corporate and get them involved. You could also contact the Auto Dealer Services Division for the state the dealership is located in and file a complaint with them as well. That will often get the attention of the dealership if they are not cooperative

OP
OP

JakeHillsucks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
contact the dealership, explain the situation and your desire to have them take back the car. Based upon what their return or satisfaction policy is they may just take the car back or offer to locate another R for you and you can be done with this mess.
If the dealership is non-cooperative I would escalate this to Ford Corporate and get them involved. You could also contact the Auto Dealer Services Division for the state the dealership is located in and file a complaint with them as well. That will often get the attention of the dealership if they are not cooperative
Thanks man. I’m actually on hold right now with Ford customer service. I’ve explained everything to the guy so hopefully it works out.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JakeHillsucks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Maybe like picking up Jane for a 9 pm date, then you find out Jane also had an afternoon date the same day. Ummmmm
This is pretty much exactly how I feel lol. Except there’s still sticky residue leftover from that afternoon date

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Things can certainly be disheartening. I've had the wind knocked out of me a few times with this car already.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Be careful in how you describe your issues. It should be focused on unacceptable defects from a new car purchase. If you project buyer's remorse, even if the defects initiated it, they can have an out.

OP
OP

JakeHillsucks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
The GM at the dealership said they can’t just take the car back cause it “doesn’t work like that” but offered to buy it back. Probably for $10k less. Waiting for a call back

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
The GM at the dealership said they can’t just take the car back cause it “doesn’t work like that” but offered to buy it back. Probably for $10k less. Waiting for a call back
I have been following this thread and this is a terrible situation they have put you in. No one wants to receive a brand new car in this condition and I do not blame you for no longer wanting it. I bought my 2018 with 1400 miles, but it was in perfect condition because the previous owner took immaculate care of it. After 2.5 years and 2500 miles it still looks fantastic every time I walk out in the garage, which always puts a smile on my face. (And I did not have to do anything to it!)

I guess this is one of those life lessons about buying a car remotely and I hope it does not cost you $10K to return it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Sponsored