Sponsored

Took delivery of a new 2019 gt350r last night. Here's how it showed up...

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'm not sure why do you need a lesson for this, isn't a common sense to check the car(especially used) in person before purchasing?
Personally, I've bought at least 7 used cars sight-unseen in my life and never once been burned. BUT - I have never done that with a dealer; there are basically no dealers I would trust to that degree. And I have always bought a round-trip plane ticket to go get the car, so I see it at delivery and drive it home (including a CA-to-Chicago drive, which was also an awesome trip through 10 national parks). That way I am covered if it's not as represented; I can just get on a plane and go back. Have never had an issue and have loved every car.
Sponsored

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2013 Mustang GT
I recently bought a gt350r from a dealer way up in the northeast. I’m all the way in the southeast so of course I’d have to get the car shipped. The day the delivery driver picked the car up he told me the car was pretty dusty. I was just kinda like ok that’s fine I’m getting it paint corrected and ppf’d anyway.

Last night my car finally gets here. He pulls it off the trailer and here's what I see:

The car is absolutely covered in swirl marks, including every wheel. A few spots of on the paint are marred. There's a few scratches in the vinyl stripes. There's an inch long scratch in one of the wheels. There's another scratch in one of the other wheels. The part on the hood that everyone warns you about where you lift up the windshield wiper, that's scraped too. The car was in an enclosed trailer for only 2 days during transport. He also had a Lamborghini Gallardo on the trailer with my 350r and it wasn't dirty and scratched like mine so.. I have no reason to believe any of the damage came from transport.

EDIT: the GM of the dealer has offered to pay for a paint correction. I’m still upset but I’ll take it and consider it resolved.

The pictures might not do justice but if anyone cares to see more I'll throw some more on here. What should I do?... View attachment 486372 View attachment 486373 View attachment 486374
roof.jpg
splitter chip.jpg
wheel scratch 2.jpg
wheel scratches.jpg
dusty side.jpg
Dealerships are terrible for paint. My last 3 Mustangs were in pretty rough shape but the GT350 was the worst. I knew it going in and was having it ceramic coated so it wasnt a big issue for me. Some of the nastier spots:

Hood
49904884631_978ca6659b_h.jpg

Passenger quarter panel
49905182442_b43e009c1d_h.jpg

Near battery box
49905182427_07c77a2470_h.jpg
Don’t think for a second dealer is covering crap. I think there is a warranty rule that discusses you have 7 days to make a claim for these delivery issues. Or rather production issues. If this went through a dealer who did a PPI on it, they probably screwed this up or had knowledge. I’d demand a replacement. Something is terribly wrong. Sounds like dealer did this or knew about it (probably already paid) and tried to pull a fast one. Absolute BS. No way it left factory like this.

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2013 Mustang GT
They offered to buy it back for $60k... I bought it for $75k.
I called customer service back and it was escalated for a buy back process so hopefully I can at least get $70k for it
That is BS! I would not trust this dealer who is basically telling you it has been damaged 15,000! Send me a pm tell me your state and I’ll look up that special warranty info I mentioned in last couple of months.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
OP purchased the car and moved on a couple of weeks ago and this thread still living on it's own :)
He never really said what he decided to do. He was hoping for $70K on a buy back, but I did not see where he said if he took the loss.
Sponsored