Sponsored

Took delivery of a new 2019 gt350r last night. Here's how it showed up...

JakeHillsucks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2019 gt350r, 2018 Mercedes C43
I recently bought a gt350r from a dealer way up in the northeast. I’m all the way in the southeast so of course I’d have to get the car shipped. The day the delivery driver picked the car up he told me the car was pretty dusty. I was just kinda like ok that’s fine I’m getting it paint corrected and ppf’d anyway.

Last night my car finally gets here. He pulls it off the trailer and here's what I see:

The car is absolutely covered in swirl marks, including every wheel. A few spots of on the paint are marred. There's a few scratches in the vinyl stripes. There's an inch long scratch in one of the wheels. There's another scratch in one of the other wheels. The part on the hood that everyone warns you about where you lift up the windshield wiper, that's scraped too. The car was in an enclosed trailer for only 2 days during transport. He also had a Lamborghini Gallardo on the trailer with my 350r and it wasn't dirty and scratched like mine so.. I have no reason to believe any of the damage came from transport.

EDIT: the GM of the dealer has offered to pay for a paint correction. I’m still upset but I’ll take it and consider it resolved.

The pictures might not do justice but if anyone cares to see more I'll throw some more on here. What should I do?... View attachment 486372 View attachment 486373 View attachment 486374
roof.jpg
splitter chip.jpg
wheel scratch 2.jpg
wheel scratches.jpg
dusty side.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
I’m speechless on the condition of this “new” car. I’m surprised none of this was seen prior to purchase. It’s obviously very easy to capture the condition in photos.
Diligence is everything with a remote purchase like this. Don’t mean to be harsh but you may have swallow this one and chalk it up to a very expensive lesson learned.
The transporter sounds like he was a little reluctant and gave you an opportunity to have it more closely inspected after a good cleaning before packing her up for delivery.

HEP#15

That's awful. I bought an HEP from a dealership in KS the end of April and had it shipped to Austin in an enclosed trailer. I told the dealership to do a full inspection of the car before it was picked up and the sales person personally supervised the pickup.......and if there were any issues they would be on the hook if they didn't disclose them. In short, the car still had a few minor defects - most likely all from assembly - including a small dent in the B pillar. I had a local PDR guy fix the dent and sent the bill to the dealership in KS and they paid the bill. The other issues I reported to the local Ford dealership and got the sales person at the KS dealership to verify they were there when I got the car.....so they will be taken care of when I get the oil changed at 1K miles at the local dealership. Recommend anyone that purchases out of state follow a similar process as these cars come with defects from the factory and documenting they every step in the process is the best way to prevent push back when you get them fixed under warranty.

OP
OP

JakeHillsucks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
New or used? Are there any photos of the car from the dealership when they advertised it? Are there photos taken prior to delivery? What photos did you see before purchasing? Was it from a Ford dealership? Have you called and talked to them? Sent them the photos?

You might want to talk to a lawyer. I don't know of anyone who would accept this car in this condition.
Brand new. I was sent pics from the dealer a couple weeks ago after one of the guys washed it. Then the car was promptly parked in what looks like a barn.. Yes it was from Ford. I haven't called and talked to them just yet

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
That's terrible. I would send the pictures to the dealer and demand they pay for a full professional paint correction at a shop of your choosing.

OP
OP

JakeHillsucks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
What am I missing? It looks like a dirty.......but new car?
A dirty but new car that also has scratches on the $4k wheels, scratches in the paint and vinyl stripes

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
seems the most reasonable thing to do is to document the delivery (with pictures and notes) and contact the dealership today.

a 2 or 3 step paint correction will get the car looking shiny new but will cost a bit. the stripes might need to be replaced (i had to replace a small portion of mine upon delivery but the dealership covered it).

Sponsored
OP
OP

JakeHillsucks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
seems the most reasonable thing to do is to document the delivery (with pictures and notes) and contact the dealership today.

a 2 or 3 step paint correction will get the car looking shiny new but will cost a bit. the stripes might need to be replaced (i had to replace a small portion of mine upon delivery but the dealership covered it).
Yeah I have a guy I go to for paint correction and ppf. It'll cost me about $4-5000

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

GrimLemur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT350, 2016 Black C7 Corvette Z51 (sold)
That's awful. I bought an HEP from a dealership in KS the end of April and had it shipped to Austin in an enclosed trailer.
Hey a HEP in Austin! Would love to see in person sometime.

As for OP, just make them pay for the paint correction and a new splitter. Get a quote from a local bodyshop ASAP.

My car was in the showroom for 1 month but was damaged by the delivery company. They want to pay out of pocket but I filed an insurance claim against them right away just in case.

Still fighting the selling dealer to transfer the camber plate credit to my dealer. Ford Performance isn't much help with this FYI. It's all on you to keep pressing.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Dealerships are terrible for paint. My last 3 Mustangs were in pretty rough shape but the GT350 was the worst. I knew it going in and was having it ceramic coated so it wasnt a big issue for me. Some of the nastier spots:

Hood
49904884631_978ca6659b_h.jpg

Passenger quarter panel
49905182442_b43e009c1d_h.jpg

Near battery box
49905182427_07c77a2470_h.jpg

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Is VIN matches to the new car? I'm asking because to me, the car on the pictures looks used.
Sponsored