Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I love the mustangs sequential taillights and they were unique but wow it is so overdone now by all manufacturers. I was driving home today and saw a 24 Toyota Sequoia with factory sequential taillights for no reason. They would have looked way better with just a standard blink.

Alright I’m done complaining but curious if everyone else feels the same way?
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Honda has something similar on the new Accord (not sure if it’s on other models also). They have the standard red tails then an amber sequential that encompasses the whole taillight. Not a fan

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
1965 Ford thunderbird was the very fist car that came with sequential taillights and years to follow . The second car was the 1967 couger and year to follow . Ford was #1 with the sequential taillights , anyone else is just a copy cat . I believe that copying someone’s idea is the ultimate compliment. .!!! What do you think???

OP
OP
Keithfro

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
1965 Ford thunderbird was the very fist car that came with sequential taillights and years to follow . The second car was the 1967 couger and year to follow . Ford was #1 with the sequential taillights , anyone else is just a copy cat . I believe that copying someone’s idea is the ultimate compliment. .!!! What do you think???
I agree it’s a compliment but, it was also a nice and unique feature that just felt right on the mustang with the tri bar setup.
You see them now that don’t make much design sense.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Honda has something similar on the new Accord (not sure if it’s on other models also). They have the standard red tails then an amber sequential that encompasses the whole taillight. Not a fan
imo they ruined the new accord. It looked nicer before. Also what's with the tiny Honda Logo now? lol are they that embarrassed they made the logo small?

to the OP I agree. Especially some Audis they way they have a two separate lights, a long bar then another regular light so they meet the government mandate on tail lights. Either implement like the mustang or don’t.

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
isn't mimicry supposed to be the ultimate form of flattery?

Paris MkVI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible, 2015 Escape 2.0 Titanium
Vehicle Showcase
Like many tech-related items, over the years what was once a desirable, unique feature becomes commonplace.

In the mid-late 50's Chrysler offered, of all things, a factory-installed record player! That kicked off a tech race for automotive music sources other than terrestrial radio.

What was once distinctive and desirable becomes common. But all those other folks are STILL not driving a Mustang.

jcttraveler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible 2019
Beyond sequential, I don't like how white daytime running lights shift to orange turn indicators. and some of the turn indicators front and back (and their flash pattern) seem more decorative than functional.

Another problem is the placement of turn indicators low on the rear bumper. Not a bad place for a reflector or running light, but not a good place for a turn indicator which should be more eye level (assuming the person in front of you is USING their turn indicator). Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I have noticed an increase in the car's that have them. Some look ok, some are trying too hard. None of them bother me particularly past a head shake or an eye roll.
The thing is, no matter what other car it's on, I have to look for the make/model because they all share so many design characteristics. They're basically unremarkable and unmemberable.
But, if I see the Mustang tribar flash, even blocks away, I know exactly what I see and smile.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Beyond sequential, I don't like how white daytime running lights shift to orange turn indicators. and some of the turn indicators front and back (and their flash pattern) seem more decorative than functional.

Another problem is the placement of turn indicators low on the rear bumper. Not a bad place for a reflector or running light, but not a good place for a turn indicator which should be more eye level (assuming the person in front of you is USING their turn indicator). Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done.
I don't mind the switchback lights so much. I d agree with much of what you say though.
It just seems like they are trying too hard. Really a good example of "just because you can doesn't mean you should ".

GR8 V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT Ruby Red
I installed Diode Dynamics Sequencers for my tail lights. Every function of the taillights now sequence. Every time I brake, they sequence together once and then full steady. I haven’t noticed other cars doing that when braking. It’s a cool and a unique feature.

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT

I dislike some of the Hyundai models like their pickup with 10 or more mini lights in the front grill.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I dislike some of the Hyundai models like their pickup with 10 or more mini lights in the front grill.
Agreed, I hate Hyundais recent designs . Disgusting. :facepalm:

1714753149740-js.png

1714753252536-dk.png
Sponsored