Sponsored

How many miles is too many?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would look at used up to about 50k depending on the warranty offered (assuming you are buying from a dealer). A few years ago I bought a used 2011 GT and the dealer offered a powertrain warranty up to 100k miles on that car.

Buying used will save you a lot of money and you still may be able to find a car with several years' worth of warranty coverage.
Sponsored

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Dealerships are offering really good incentives on new 2017s to make room for the 2018s. You might be able to get into a new 2017 for a lot less than you thought.
If you are set on buying used, then I highly recommend CPO. I've had 3 CPO vehicles and had great experiences with each one.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Always take maintenance over mileage. If the vehicle was properly maintained mileage is largely irrelevant. Look at the service history, some dealers will print it out for you but some won't.

On the private lots or private sellers, a good owner will have a binder with all the service documents in it. Based on that book you can get a good idea of the quality of service the vehicle had.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Get the best deal. It's just a Mustang.
Mine has 30K miles. 1 year and 8 months old.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'm not aware of any real issues with the 2015-2017 cars. So, as long as the oil was changed, you're GTG.

Hell, if a 2015 has tons of miles on it, they're probably highway miles.
Sponsored