Too Many Sequential Tailights!

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I dislike some of the Hyundai models like their pickup with 10 or more mini lights in the front grill.
Doesn't Audi do that too? There was a commercial not long ago about deciding what headlight configuration some Karen wanted. I'm mean, talk about 1st world bullshit...
Sponsored

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
Doesn't Audi do that too? There was a commercial not long ago about deciding what headlight configuration some Karen wanted. I'm mean, talk about 1st world bullshit...
I saw that commercial too and not a fan of their grill either.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thereā€™s someone around here that has the Audi e-Tron. As far as EVā€™s go, itā€™s a badass looking car. I havenā€™t noticed anything on it re: the headlights, but I think I remember seeing they also have some kind of sequential tail? Iā€™ve only seen it from behind once so Iā€™m a little fuzzy on that. If I were forced into an EV, Iā€™d go for the e-Tron, it actually looks like a sports car.

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
i have an Audi SQ5 that has them as well.

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
imo they ruined the new accord. It looked nicer before. Also what's with the tiny Honda Logo now? lol are they that embarrassed they made the logo small?

to the OP I agree. Especially some Audis they way they have a two separate lights, a long bar then another regular light so they meet the government mandate on tail lights. Either implement like the mustang or donā€™t.
Hot take - the new Accord front end looks like an s650.
šŸæ

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
šŸæ
I can see it in the headlights, especially since Ford switched over to the cubes for S650.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
šŸæ
LOL here we go again. That's clearly a Mustang design. Well our S550 looked like Fusions many said. The new Accord could never be mistaken for a S650 that's for sure. That being said, S650 haters its your turn now.... šŸæ

GR8 V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT Ruby Red
Ok, Iā€™ll bite. Itā€™s actually an Accord and last gen MDX with the headlights. Either way. Ford dropped the ball.

IMG_4838.png

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Ok, Iā€™ll bite. Itā€™s actually an Accord and last gen MDX with the headlights. Either way. Ford dropped the ball.

IMG_4838.png
LOL . The Accord or "ACCIRD" as you say, is ugly as sin. Ill take the Mustang no doubt.

1714780122669-up.png

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Beyond sequential, I don't like how white daytime running lights shift to orange turn indicators. and some of the turn indicators front and back (and their flash pattern) seem more decorative than functional.

Another problem is the placement of turn indicators low on the rear bumper. Not a bad place for a reflector or running light, but not a good place for a turn indicator which should be more eye level (assuming the person in front of you is USING their turn indicator). Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done.
I agree about the low placement. I think it was a Kia or Hyundai SUV I saw with that. Not exactly eye-catching as it's so low.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
1965 Ford thunderbird was the very fist car that came with sequential taillights and years to follow . The second car was the 1967 couger and year to follow . Ford was #1 with the sequential taillights , anyone else is just a copy cat . I believe that copying someoneā€™s idea is the ultimate compliment. .!!! What do you think???
Yeah, I remember those. They were mechanically operated with a motor in a box in the trunk of the car. No solid-state electronics back then so they did it the only way they could but it was such a novel thing when it came out.
Sponsored