Stock PZeros - How long do they last?

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Stock Pzero’s, how long do they last?
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The stock Pzero’s have the tread wear of a performance tire with none of the actual traction performance.

On my 2017 GT I got around 9k miles before they needed to be replaced. To be fair the sizes used are inadequate to support the weight of the car to begin with.

This is hilariously accurate lol

I've got maybe 10k miles on my OEM pirellis and they are very close to being replaced; they won't last more than another 1k.
Absolutely garbage for traction too. No all season this bad on snow should also be this bad on dry pavement.

That being said I have another set of Pirelli P Zero's (not zero neros, higher treadwear rating) in the garage waiting to go on because I'm a glutton for garbage tires.
(Real reason: found a set for $240 and they're just for "winter"/cold season. I have proper set of summer wheels and tires too. Plus cheap tires are a perfect excuse to rip burnouts)
Sponsored

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
OP has all seasons not summers. Big difference.

Can you please post the documentation where you read this?
I don’t have any documentation to provide, but the stock section width of 235mm (with the base/18” foundry wheels) does not seem appropriate for a vehicle that weighs in around 3700-3800 lbs. Tire compounds affect the level of traction while section width affects tread wear.

For example, racing tires/slicks are not necessarily wide for traction purposes but to give them a more appropriate tread life.

For comparison, my 2016 WRX came with 245mm section width tires stock, along with many other lighter vehicles that have more section width than the stock Mustang tires.

Last edited:

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang(race red) 2019 Honda CR-V VTI AWD.
This is hilariously accurate lol

I've got maybe 10k miles on my OEM pirellis and they are very close to being replaced; they won't last more than another 1k.
Absolutely garbage for traction too. No all season this bad on snow should also be this bad on dry pavement.

That being said I have another set of Pirelli P Zero's (not zero neros, higher treadwear rating) in the garage waiting to go on because I'm a glutton for garbage tires.
(Real reason: found a set for $240 and they're just for "winter"/cold season. I have proper set of summer wheels and tires too. Plus cheap tires are a perfect excuse to rip burnouts)
Zero’s are complete rubbish,the problem being also they are now old tyre technology(have been out for quite a few years now).The PS4s is the way to go,They have a unique construction in that they have a harder compound in the middle & softer out side tread,thus enabling better mileage,& being softer outer better cornering.No other tyre(I believe atm has this construction) I only achieved 16,000 out of my rears.It is all about pressures,(around 40 psi)W/A for maximum mileage.

65B9D41B-ACA7-4A8B-B910-AF86C5BC19AC.jpeg

4FB02A98-CE3C-45A5-A8F4-EFCBA64C3758.jpeg

81C7DCCE-7558-4604-A6D0-7C65E40F85AD.jpeg
Sponsored