Tired of hearing about the Voodoo sound

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Most (most, not all) 6 cylinders sound like shit, if we’re being honest. Not sure who’s going to torches more now, Mike or me 🤣 :bandit:
I know I'm being pedantic about this, but the Duratec is one of the better sounding engines to exist. It's like a discount Busso lol

Man I miss those cars lol
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
The best sounding Mustang is a late in the run fox body with flowmasters 40's.
The drone in the car was hell, but outside at WOT was heaven.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I’m kind of with the OP, I’ve never understood the excitement over the Voodoo sound. It’s ok I guess. I’ve heard one in person more than once. In no remote way is it as exciting as listening to a FPC Ferrari revving its engine.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I was at a local car show this past weekend and had a lot of guys come up to me wanting to talk about the 350. Some mentioned the exhaust, yes, but others mentioned other aspects of the car.
If there is one thing I've learned from my Mustang journey is that exhaust sounds are subjective to the owner. I had a borla sport exhaust on my GT and really did not like it.. lots of low frequency drone.. then I got a corsa sport and loved it, but then hated it when I got my vert... lol...
I didn't purchase my 350 for the sound alone. To me it's the total package of looks, engine performance, handling, transmission, track readiness, and of course a really great sounding exhaust that you don't have to mess with. Is it the greatest sounding exhaust ever?... I can't say for sure, but it is enjoyable to listen to. I also like the fact that is it very easy to get some great crackles and pops from it by modulating the gas pedal or driving it when it's 60 degrees and below!
The uniqueness of the car draws me to it. Ford really created something special when they set out to make a FPC engine with a 5.2L displacement in a front engine bay. They had to get rid of one intake plenum, adjust the headers, change the firing order, add additional dampers, etc etc. What ended up coming out was a "frankenstein" or sorts... an incredible mix between an exotic ferrari and a rumbling v8 american muscle car.
I just got done driving it around town today and just a little off the beaten path on the way home. I just could not stop smiling and shaking my head at all the different characteristics of this car I was experiencing. It's hard to put it into words, but for me It is all combined into one special package. I haven't even mentioned the experience on track....wow.. just wow.... It's been 4 years now and I still have a hard time describing it...
20230929_184951138_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.3L High Performance Package Fastback
Most (most, not all) 6 cylinders sound like shit, if we’re being honest. Not sure who’s going to torches more now, Mike or me 🤣 :bandit:
Glad you qualified your comment with “most”, otherwise I was gonna have to summon my 1998 SVT Contour back from the dead to have words. 🤣 Glorious, exotic sounding engine. Tragically unreliable car, unfortunately. It was a blast to drive…. when it was healthy.
IMG_3486.jpeg

IMG_4940.jpeg

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.3L High Performance Package Fastback
I know I'm being pedantic about this, but the Duratec is one of the better sounding engines to exist. It's like a discount Busso lol

Man I miss those cars lol
The 2.5 Duratec HO sounded like a budget Ferrari V12, but DAMN I do not miss that full-throttle wheel hop and torque steer!

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
i think youre flat wrong but I still think the gt350 is still the better car even without the exhaust.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin