Tire Rack mobile Tire Installation Experience

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
I've used Tire Rack in the past several times also with their mobile installation service. Ran into a problem this time around with the service and my first time having the them install TPMSs. TPMSs that I acquired from Levittown Ford Parts their scanner on the truck would not recognize the sensors along with the last letter on the sensor nomenclature was different from their list. Based on my experienced told the installer once the wheels are installed on the car and a trip around the block the pressure data will be on the dash.
Was told can't install unless Tire Rack's scanner can talk to them or if I take the wheels off the car and install them back on myself that can be a work around.
So I donated my labor to corporate Tire Rack who did not offer a credit . 2 corners were broadcasting once mounted the other 2 came in going around the block.
The theme was its not about if they work on the car that have to work with Tire Racks data base.

update: Tire Rack came trough with a 50% credit off the installation cost.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I've noticed Tire Rack are big sticklers about doing things by the book. God forbid you order a non standard tire size for your vehicle, lol.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I've used Tire Rack in the past several times also with their mobile installation service. Ran into a problem this time around with the service and my first time having the them install TPMSs. TPMSs that I acquired from Levittown Ford Parts their scanner on the truck would not recognize the sensors along with the last letter on the sensor nomenclature was different from their list. Based on my experienced told the installer once the wheels are installed on the car and a trip around the block the pressure data will be on the dash.
Was told can't install unless Tire Rack's scanner can talk to them or if I take the wheels off the car and install them back on myself that can be a work around.
So I donated my labor to corporate Tire Rack who did not offer a credit . 2 corners were broadcasting once mounted the other 2 came in going around the block.
The theme was its not about if they work on the car that have to work with Tire Racks data base.
OK, we know this shouldn’t have happened. My questions are why didn’t Tire Rack have OEM sensors in their system? Exactly what did Levittown sell you? Did you contact them?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I've noticed Tire Rack are big sticklers about doing things by the book. God forbid you order a non standard tire size for your vehicle, lol.
About 95% of my Tire Rack orders (which I have made a lot) were non-standard sizes for my car. Never said a single thing about it, in fact just yesterday FedEx dropped off second set off 305/30R19 RT660 Falkens this year alone.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
About 95% of my Tire Rack orders (which I have made a lot) were non-standard sizes for my car. Never said a single thing about it, in fact just yesterday FedEx dropped off second set off 305/30R19 RT660 Falkens this year alone.
Maybe it was my fault for putting in my vehicle but they held my order until I clarified I had bought new wheels lol. Happened to my friend too.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I just bought a set of 285/40/22's for my explorer just yesterday. I got a call today from them saying my order was on hold until I verified that was the size I wanted and to tell them I had 22" wheels to mount them on.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Maybe it was my fault for putting in my vehicle but they held my order until I clarified I had bought new wheels lol. Happened to my friend too.
Now that I think about - I never put vehicle in, they also sort of "know me" - at least from purchase history, so if it's 10th 305/30R19 set in a row, probably doesn't look out of place.

OP
OP
DANA44

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
OK, we know this shouldn’t have happened. My questions are why didn’t Tire Rack have OEM sensors in their system? Exactly what did Levittown sell you? Did you contact them?
I can't speak to the Tire Rack data base status or how they acquire the evolving info.
But can see how it can be easily obsolete with the oem changing suppliers through out the S550 production run with changes nomenclature on the device.
Levittown sold TPMS base on the car info and no need to call them as they functioned with the car

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Tire rack will double check if they know the car. Usually its pretty low friction and they’re trying to help. I never give the car info anymore and order a lot of strange sizes and it hasnt been a problem.

Discount tire (locally) would not sell me tires if they weren’t stock sizes and load ratings. Refused to take my money. Just bonkers to me. Said the computer wouldn’t let them

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I had the same issue with discount tire. After all their B.S. I will never buy from them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DANA44

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
All their BS is designed to prevent some moron from getting him/herself killed. it’s called liability.
Like all things of this nature they evolve into a authoritarian bureaucracy with the morons just being a mascot. I wonder how many different part numbers there are for all the cars on the road requiring them.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Like all things of this nature they evolve into a authoritarian bureaucracy with the morons just being a mascot. I wonder how many different part numbers there are for all the cars on the road requiring them.
My comment pertains to tires. There is substantial liability to anyone selling safety related products to unknown buyers on the internet. These dealers have to protect themselves in this litigation crazy society.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
They didn't sell me anything, in fact they lied. They had an ad on ebay for the size and tire I wanted and stated they had 10 available, so then I placed my order and mysteriously the tire could not be found anywhere and were on national back order. that was the BS I was talking about. I called them to ask what was going on and asked them why they were advertising these tires for sale if they had none to sell? To me what they are doing is fraud. They are trying to sell what they don't have, and then hold your money for two days before refunding it. They should not even have ads up on ebay for tires they don't have access to, let alone taking your money for them.

After having to cancel my order and waiting until my money was refunded, I went and bought the same exact tire and size from tire rack. No issues from them.

Last edited:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Just so everyone know Discount Tire acquired Tire Rack - they swear Tire Rack will continue to be Tire Rack but we'll see how that goes.

I bought tires from DT but would never place an order with them without verifying they actually have it because they notoriously have incorrect info.
Sponsored