tips to find a gt 500?

OP
OP

2turbocobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 boss 302
I have been using the ford search tool, that 500 mile thing is golden. tough slog today I have mostly been focusing on base heritage editions with tape stripes, many say they have other dealer and broker standing offers at 10k over.

What I do see is there a lot that will be delivered over the next month, by looking at window stickers I can see blend dates. There is a lot of heritage editions out there. code oranges look to be the rarest or maybe cyber oranges. I like code orange, cyber, not so much. With all the cars in transit, nobody has a reason to deal on them. I think the best deals will be had october/november.
Sponsored

OP
OP

2turbocobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 boss 302
used is tough too, they are all asking 10k over sticker, a few like PBRs above is a good deal with the add ons. Local private sellers certainly have an advantage to me over dealers.

Last edited:

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
Any tips on how to find a gt 500, anything besides cars.com or autotrader? went through 2 dealers that said they could get me one ordered neither came through. At this point I am only willing to go 5k over. I want a base model. ok with a few different colors.
Take a gigantic stack of cash and wave it in the air at a ford dealer

I was in russ milne ford in the last two weeks and he had 2 of them on the showroom floor. Green golden ticket for sure.

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Dang 12k over original MSRP on a base USED car WTF? What a crook!
Yeah unfortunately that’s pretty standard around here. They move too so someone is paying it.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Before buying the gtr i was looking at gt500, 911 and C8 too… found multiple C8 at normal price brand new from multiple dealerships… used cars were more expensive… found a bunch around 80-85k

not a single gt500… i wanted an eruption green.. basically non existent… and 911 were just plain retarded, 50k, 80k, 100k over msrp and not even the big boys… gt3 and turbo s had +150k adm… and not counting the bs from porsche dealerships… “want a 911, no, we are not gonna let you order one… gotta buy a 718 first, then maybe another car after… build a relationship with us first” fuck off!

was lucky to buy my car at cars and bids… ridiculously good price to point it was dumb not to buy it… but it took about 2 months of constant search and tracking…

i wish manufacturers adopted the tesla model and bypass the fucking dealerships and you only use them for used cars and service… and this is from someone that worked almost 10 years as a finance/general manager at different dealerships… hate them lol

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
It’s a sign saying don’t be stupid with money. it’s just a car.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500

Sponsored

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Just had a dealer offer me 2500 over what I paid for mine (sticker) Told him I'd think about it. He said he would list it on the lot for $88,500 and make 6k on it.

OP
OP

2turbocobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 boss 302
Thanks guys I just put a deposit down on a base, vinyl stripe heritage, tech, handling, carbon fiber dash car for 5k over from a midwest dealer. Its built but not delivered, its a convoy rather than rail so I hope it shows up faster than rail....Fords delivery estimate is oct 8-15th.

I think deals will be had at msrp around december but I don't think you will be able to be picky about colors or options and might not get a HE at msrp.

crazy a painted stripe heritage cftp sold today on bring a trailer with 32k over msrp with bat fees. I think this is silly but oh well.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Any tips on how to find a gt 500, anything besides cars.com or autotrader? went through 2 dealers that said they could get me one ordered neither came through. At this point I am only willing to go 5k over. I want a base model. ok with a few different colors.
Would you accept a good used one?

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Plus, with 22 being the last year of GT500’s for at least a few years…I would not bet that you will see new leftovers going for sticker…

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
There’s very few HE Cftp’s available. There all way over msrp with the painted cars in most cases being in the 50k adm range. I’m sure the buyer on that one BAT was well aware of what was available and where the adm’s are.

Thanks guys I just put a deposit down on a base, vinyl stripe heritage, tech, handling, carbon fiber dash car for 5k over from a midwest dealer. Its built but not delivered, its a convoy rather than rail so I hope it shows up faster than rail....Fords delivery estimate is oct 8-15th.

I think deals will be had at msrp around december but I don't think you will be able to be picky about colors or options and might not get a HE at msrp.

crazy a painted stripe heritage cftp sold today on bring a trailer with 32k over msrp with bat fees. I think this is silly but oh well.
Sponsored