Sponsored

Tint bubbles

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
guys, need some help. so i just went to a place and got a tint. guy told me wait 5 days for it to fully cure before i wash windows or anything, so i said okay. it had a ton of bubbles, but they should go away within the 5 days too. seems there’s still a good amount left 3 days in though, and this is supposed to be a pretty good reputable shop. check out my pics and give me your guys thoughts. i already emailed the guy about it and am awaiting his reply. i really wonder if these remaining will go away, or if they’re just from a bad job. my last mustang was perfect. didn’t have a single bubble in the 7 years i had it, and cost significantly less, so i’m a tad annoyed.

81BD6E6E-9CE3-4F72-81B6-6C5FF92D3B26.jpeg

5E02883B-510F-4AB2-B728-26292653F39D.jpeg

C360A55E-1CAC-4F01-8E83-EFEEF8CAA3B2.jpeg

676387CD-DCBE-40A4-BCF7-CC7A3C97C911.jpeg

A0DA5390-A1AC-420E-96E3-F6F3A33603D5.jpeg
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah..that's not right. They need to re-do that. My guy has a lifetime warranty because his work is awesome. There were zero bubbles when I picked up my car and haven't had one in 3 years.

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Try pushing some of those big ones out ? Tiny tiny ones along the perforated marks on the edges I understand because it doesn't always stick but still shouldn't look like that. When I had mine done there was a big bubble and I made the guy redo it

velocity550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Try pushing some of those big ones out ? Tiny tiny ones along the perforated marks on the edges I understand because it doesn't always stick but still shouldn't look like that. When I had mine done there was a big bubble and I made the guy redo it
You got to be careful doing that because it can make it worse since its cured for a couple days.

Sponsored

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Yea, that rear window needs to be redone. I wouldn't touch it to not mess up the heater elements.

For the quarter-panel glass they'll probably just push the air bubbles out. You could do it yourself with an old credit card or a squeegee.

js19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Don’t touch the windows at all. You don’t want them to deny a claim because you messed with it. If it’s as simple as pushing them out they can do that because they were the ones you paid for the installation in the first place.

That is not normal. You shouldn’t have had any air bubbles to begin with, they’re most likely going to have to redo it.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah i’m not touching shit lol i’m going to call. i just called and was put on hold for 20 min so i hung up. google says this is their busiest time right now and they were busy when i was there. just a bit annoyed right now bc their tint reviews say the job was so good blah blah blah i’m just annoyed bc it’s an hour away

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, if they said 5 days, then wait 5 days and then bring the car back for them to see.

I'd also guess many of those bubbles won't come out. Tints are not rocket science, there really shouldn't be any bubbles. Right after installation it might not be adhering to the textured edges of the front/rear glass just right yet, but it should look pretty good in the middle areas.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
yeah i’m not touching shit lol i’m going to call. i just called and was put on hold for 20 min so i hung up. google says this is their busiest time right now and they were busy when i was there. just a bit annoyed right now bc their tint reviews say the job was so good blah blah blah i’m just annoyed bc it’s an hour away
Well, I mean, nothing stops me, you, and the rest of our families from going onto yelp and passing out 5 star reviews telling everyone that Taco Bell produced the best authentic Mexican cuisine we've ever had.

Those bubbles are a combination of using cheaper and thinner material, not cleaning the surface as well as they could have, and just rushing the job. Bubbles I guess are acceptable if you're doing it yourself and don't really care, but if you're paying for somebody's expertise, that really shouldn't be happening if somebody has done it more than a few times.

Sponsored
OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I mean, nothing stops me, you, and the rest of our families from going onto yelp and passing out 5 star reviews telling everyone that Taco Bell produced the best authentic Mexican cuisine we've ever had.

Those bubbles are a combination of using cheaper and thinner material, not cleaning the surface as well as they could have, and just rushing the job. Bubbles I guess are acceptable if you're doing it yourself and don't really care, but if you're paying for somebody's expertise, that really shouldn't be happening to somebody who's done it more than a few times.
they use that 3m obsidian or whatever it’s called. thought that’s good stuff? but i agree, the bbbles are ridiculous.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Yeah take it back ,have them fix it ,if they do another shity job ask for a refund and go to a better place .

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I had zero bubbles, as soon they told me its done, zilch.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
they use that 3m obsidian or whatever it’s called. thought that’s good stuff? but i agree, the bbbles are ridiculous.
I'm not like a 3m certified installer (but thought about it) but it's alright, it's their value/entry level. From there it goes to 3m Color Stable, which is guaranteed to never purple, and then 3m Crystaline, which blocks nearly all UV rays out which matter if you burn real easy, or just don't want cancer, and it's still super thin, like a Post-It.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just talked to the guy and showed him the rear pic and he’s like yeah we may need to retint that back window, bring it by. so i guess i’m getting up super early tomorrow to bring it back and sit and wait because it’s an hour away. annoyed
Sponsored