throttle responce

Earl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
is there anyway to speed up throttle response there is a device that goes between the throttle peddle and wiring harness what is the best
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Drop yer foot faster.
Seriously though, this is why I love my GT350, it keeps me out of trouble. Things donā€™t really start to happen unless youā€™re higher in the revs.

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I bought one of those a couple years ago "pedal commander" it was called...made a difference, but was BS - just amplified the signal...didn't make it feel like a cable

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Have you tried switching to sport mode? That amplifies the throttle response to some degree.

Sponsored

That_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 K2284 --> L616
There's two components to throttle response. The first is the magnitude of the response - the % opening per given level of accelerator press. Up the percentage and the car becomes "more responsive." I think this is how all of the plug and play devices must work, because I can't see how they can speed up the transient response, which is the delay between when you press the pedal and the throttle plate moves. That seems like it would all be done within the ECU.

I would love to speed up the throttle response in the latter way, so it feels like a physical cable. Drive by wire cars almost always institute a throttle 'ramp up' of some sort to minimize the driveline shock, so there is always a delay. I have an '01 Mustang with physical cable, and it is much more responsive than the Shelby. Faster? No. But the delay is zero. And yes, the driveline clunks around a lot compared to the Shelby.

I have no interest in changing the magnitude of the throttle opening. Only the transient response.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
A good tuner can help with this. My race tunes have very quick response. Makes leaning into the throttle to get some mid corner rotation much better. Also helps with rev matching.

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Sport mode is so much better for rev match downshifts. Normal is too sluggish and you have to get deep into the pedal.
Sponsored