Thoughts on this deal?

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
hmm so the sales tax of $4,087 is markup? ill look into it.
Noooooo

Sales price 50,970(this is exactly 5,000 over the sticker you said it was)
Rebates-1,000
Money down -10,000
Sales subtotal 39,970

then they add in your taxes
39,970+4,087+All the other random fees they have on there… bringing your financed total to 45grand…
So your financing 45 grand having already put down 11,000 bringing a grand total to 55,000ish after taxes and fees.
do the simple math,
Sponsored

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
hmm so the sales tax of $4,087 is markup? ill look into it.
Look at the numbers you provided. "Cash price" (before rebate, fees and tax) is $51k; MSRP is $46k. That's the $5k markup.

Maybe things have really changed since I bought mine less than 18 months ago, but I paid invoice price and got $1500 off of that from rebates, and I could have done better but I don't like haggling and that seemed fair enough. Dealer still makes money when thay sell at invoice price. You can go to Edmunds.com, plug in the specs for your car, and see the invoice price. Also, see if you're eligible for X-plan pricing.

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Noooooo

Rebates-1,000
Money down -10,000
Sales subtotal 39,970

39,970+4,087+All the other random fees they have on there… bringing your financed total to 45grand…
So your financing 45 grand having already put down 11,000 bringing a grand total to 55,000ish after taxes and fees.
do the simple math,
oh I see. I’ll have to call my salesman up 🤔

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Look at the numbers you provided. "Cash price" (before rebate, fees and tax) is $51k; MSRP is $46k. That's the $5k markup.

Maybe things have really changed since I bought mine less than 18 months ago, but I paid invoice price and got $1500 off of that from rebates, and I could have done better but I don't like haggling and that seemed fair enough. Dealer still makes money when thay sell at invoice price. You can go to Edmunds.com, plug in the specs for your car, and see the invoice price. Also, see if you're eligible for X-plan pricing.
will look into it

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Just my .02 cents.. he is going to fast talk you and get you running in a circle until he gives you a “warm and fuzzy” to sign here right now!!
Why not do a search and go for a nice road trip to get a deal from a dealer who isn’t going to try and rip you off.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Just my .02 cents.. he is going to fast talk you and get you running in a circle until he gives you a “warm and fuzzy” to sign here right now!!
Why not do a search and go for a nice road trip to get a deal from a dealer who isn’t going to try and rip you off.
I would but I factory ordered the car . Too bad I can’t hire you to be with me at the dealership lol

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Basically my total should
Noooooo

Rebates-1,000
Money down -10,000
Sales subtotal 39,970

do the simple math,
basically my total should be 45k correct ?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang Ecoboost
I would but I factory ordered the car . Too bad I can’t hire you to be with me at the dealership lol
Wow I didn’t know they added markups to factory ordered mustangs. That feels pretty underhanded. The dealers I spoke with in CA claimed they were no mark-ups if you ordered through factory.

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Wow I didn’t know they added markups to factory ordered mustangs. That feels pretty underhanded. The dealers I spoke with in CA claimed they were no mark-ups if you ordered through factory.
me neither lol

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
This document was created using the same software that almost all Ford dealers use. Line 5 represents the selling price of the car. Taxes and rebates are all listed separately there on the document and easy to see.

If your understanding was that you would be paying MSRP for the car, then the MSRP should be the numerical value in line 5 on this document. Instead, line 5 shows an additional markup of 5k over MSRP.

There really isn't any smoke and mirror stuff going on here. That will happen in the finance office when you are taking delivery of the vehicle and signing documents. At this point, all of the figures are right there in black and white on the document.

Ask the salesperson "Why is the numerical value in line 5 of this document not MSRP?" and then watch him start to dance. Further, keep in mind that the way this deal is structured right now you are also paying CA sales tax on the additional 5k in markup.

A conversation with the salesperson is definitely a must. Immediately. Your monthly payment should be in the 660-670 range if paying MSRP and financing 60 months at 0%.

Hope this helps. Cheers 🍻

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
This document was created using the same software that almost all Ford dealers use. Line 5 represents the selling price of the car. Taxes and rebates are all listed separately there on the document and easy to see.

If your understanding was that you would be paying MSRP for the car, then the MSRP should be the numerical value in line 5 on this document. Instead, line 5 shows an additional markup of 5k over MSRP.

There really isn't any smoke and mirror stuff going on here. That will happen in the finance office when you are taking delivery of the vehicle and signing documents. At this point, all of the figures are right there in black and white on the document.

Ask the salesperson "Why is the numerical value in line 5 of this document not MSRP?" and then watch him start to dance. Further, keep in mind that the way this deal is structured right now you are also paying CA sales tax on the additional 5k in markup.

A conversation with the salesperson is definitely a must. Immediately. Your monthly payment should be in the 660-670 range if paying MSRP and financing 60 months at 0%.

Hope this helps. Cheers 🍻
Oh okay Thanks . I feel like there trying to make me pay $55k for it . Especially if I take out my 10k deposit

Mambruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That’s a terrible deal. In my humble opinion. But hey if your finances are good which I’m assuming they are for this then proceed to ball outta control. I’m not a fan of anything over 500 a month for a single car and I pay for both mine and my wife’s SUV

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
wow there should be no mark up on factory orders dude. msrp with any ford incentives. on the lot yes they’ll mark up but not an order. cancel that shit

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
In case anyone hasn't noticed, Dealers across the country are adding their own variable ADM.... on ANY vehicle, it isn't just Mustangs or Ford. They are using the COVID and "chip shortage" as the excuse that they CAN do whatever they want with the price above MSRP.

I would definitely question line #5 as well and compare it to the actual window sticker bottom line.

Do you also have any trade in to help with the cost, or are you only plunking down the $10k? If you have a trade in, don't ever show all your cards before the deal is written. You can throw the trade in AFTER you and the dealership come to an agreement ONLY when you think you have the lowest price possible and YOU are happy. Toss in the trade afterwards, then watch them really squirm... it works.

Go on cargurus.com, do a nationwide search for the car you're are looking for; you're bound to find it anywhere else probably cheaper off the bat - and in some cases even including getting it transported to your location.

Do more shopping before getting taken at a local Dealer - you need to be prepared and know your price points, current market and what you are willing to accept as "acceptable" cost and payment terms when you go to ANY car dealer when buying new (or now even used).

Don't always get hooked on 0% financing either. Work the #'s and compare what you are really saving with 0%... because sometimes you can get more $ off without the 0% bait... because 0% isn't truly a "win" for the Consumer, Ford is not losing.... and nothing is for "free".
Sponsored