Thoughts on this 2022

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Matt has the hookup. If you want new, follow Matt to Our…isman.
Sponsored

OP
OP
angermgmt14

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Thanks for the replies guys. I sent an email to them to see if I can get more info. I'm not interested in it but my buddy was asking me about this. I haven't been keeping up with the pricing of Mustangs for a while so that's why I looked for opinions from the members. I'll let you know if/when I hear anything.
Edit: What I did just notice is that there a 3 different numbers for actual miles on the car. On their website it's listed as 798 and 2048? Whereas Carfax states 1023? It's all over the place.

Last edited:

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
it’s priced about high book. There’s nothing wrong with that. Go there test drive it make sure everything feels alright and then haggle another 2K off and you’ll be at low book. If you have good credit and your own financing you’re in the drivers seat.

I got my 18 GT Premium for 28K it took two days to get there from the original price and I had my own financing. If a car is priced right there’s nothing to worry about unless there are glaring issues. Yes the New GTs are coming out but do you want to spend another 12Kif you don’t have to? It has just over 1K miles.

Plus the fact that the used car market is about to collapse I say the car is priced right.
Read that last line one more time?
If that used car market is about to tank, and this IS a used car, it isn't a good price/deal.
Because in 3-6 weeks it'll be worth 3-4k less.
I would play hard ball, if the car checks out. Telling them it is winter in N.H. hard to move a sports car other than IF you find a sucker that is gifting it for Christmas. and the used market is about to tank.
I'd go for the throat, 4k off asking or high book whatever is less., no b/s fees. and get up and walk, if they bark about it. Because before jan 1st 2023, the market will have dropped and then you can go back in and offer even less.
The dealer is backed against the wall and they know it. They are hoping a buyer doesn't know it.
I would still do your homework on why that car left a year round weather area for seasonal area to try to sell it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I would still do your homework on why that car left a year round weather area for seasonal area to try to sell it
that's easy. with NO inventory to offer, dealers where buying ANYthing at auction. Price be damned. Back in June/early July they Manheim trajectory hadn't turned yet.

Ourisman bought up entire dealerships worth of stuff in early summer at invoice and some cases almost MSRP. Hell they were still buying in September. Now all that ADM they managed to get on Bronco/Mavericks will need to fill in the hole in the inventory they want to break even on for the next couple months.

the worm has turned and you can get 8-10% off MSRP on new 22's now without pushing too hard. Used prices are still whack, but that doesn't mean they aren't silently desperate to shed units that are going ever more deeper underwater by the day.

Another quick vignette. My F150 is "worth" 35k or less locally. In NJ they're offering 37. In Tampa 41'ish. If they come thru, yes I'm about to drive 1000 miles this weekend.

Last edited:

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Read that last line one more time?
If that used car market is about to tank, and this IS a used car, it isn't a good price/deal.
Because in 3-6 weeks it'll be worth 3-4k less.
I would play hard ball, if the car checks out. Telling them it is winter in N.H. hard to move a sports car other than IF you find a sucker that is gifting it for Christmas. and the used market is about to tank.
I'd go for the throat, 4k off asking or high book whatever is less., no b/s fees. and get up and walk, if they bark about it. Because before jan 1st 2023, the market will have dropped and then you can go back in and offer even less.
The dealer is backed against the wall and they know it. They are hoping a buyer doesn't know it.
I would still do your homework on why that car left a year round weather area for seasonal area to try to sell it.
The used car market is about to collapse but they are about 6 months out. They repoed 4.5 million cars this year. That’s 1.5 more than average. Next year it’s forecasted banks will repo between 5-5.5 million cars. There will be a flattening out of pricing that’s happening as we talk. Car dealerships will try and hold on to as much profit as possible because they know what’s coming. It won’t fall another 4 or 5K. Low book on that 22 is between 42-43 and high book is 46K. You’re not going to get that car for wholesale.
Remember that wholesale pricing was through the roof all of last year and the first 6-7 months of this year. Wholesale prices are JUST starting to come down but haven’t crashed yet. If that car was a repo your looking that they got that car for about 38K at the auction. Then the recon they did fuel advertising dollars and it hasn’t been on the lot for more than 90 days they don’t have to come down. I got to the actions with a good friend of mine who flips cars. Cars have been expensive and cars like these get premium wholesale pricing.

edit: Thinking more about it. I’m almost willing to bet that the car was titled the dealership wasn’t able to get financing and why it has only 1K miles(about 30 days.) In that case it’s not considered a repo and holds even more value. The car business is a slimy one.

Last edited:

Sponsored

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
N.H. is cold till late march. We got time.
Very true!

However, there are so many better dealers in NH to do business with than Best Ford. I bought my wife a 2021 GT convertible from Lebanon Ford back in Feb 2022. Picked it up for below MSRP, and they had to pull it out of winter storage for me. Many odd looks during the 1.5 hour drive home in 25 deg weather with the top down. :crackup: :sunglasses:

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Very true!

However, there are so many better dealers in NH to do business with than Best Ford. I bought my wife a 2021 GT convertible from Lebanon Ford back in Feb 2022. Picked it up for below MSRP, and they had to pull it out of winter storage for me. Many odd looks during the 1.5 hour drive home in 25 deg weather with the top down. :crackup: :sunglasses:
Oh, I am sure. But sometimes when a dealer has a unit the way you want it, and it is on a lot, and you can pick it up for the right price, you Do what you must. 🎬

Last edited:

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If this car is Ford Certified their offering 0.99 for 36 months, You shouldn't need financing unless you’re taking a huge loan at 6 years which imho is dumb

And another thing, I love people throwing around 8% off MSRP, maybe in Idaho but in South Fl good luck. Florida imho has the most crooked dealerships in the US however in NH where is getting cold I would offer leas and stick to your guns.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I love people throwing around 8% off MSRP
ourisman, Manassas VA. Come on down, it's what 2.5hr drive?

South FL as in Miami may be hopeless crooked, but Naples (other coast) doesn't share the same filth, so careful with that 6" wide paint brush you're wielding. :)

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
If this car is Ford Certified their offering 0.99 for 36 months, You shouldn't need financing unless you’re taking a huge loan at 6 years which imho is dumb

And another thing, I love people throwing around 8% off MSRP, maybe in Idaho but in South Fl good luck. Florida imho has the most crooked dealerships in the US however in NH where is getting cold I would offer leas and stick to your guns.
It is a used car, It's value is already took a 10% hit the first time it drove off the lot. 8% under msrp is not out of line.
The difference here, is a Mustang for many is a 2nd car, toy. It is not a NEED but more of a want. You can get up and walk away, there are hundreds of s550's sitting on lots.
because it was a sellers market, that isn't the case as winter is here, and the used car market bottom is about to fall out.
It isn't a one of ten special trim/model. It is a mass produced mustang trim. Now is not the time to over pay. unless the car is EXACTLY as you would order it, and perfect.
Paying x dollars now for it, to park it for winter, only to find another one come early spring for 4k less. or it's value taking a bath while it was parked, only the buyer knows if it is worth it.
Me I'd let the dealership sit on it, and store it while it's value drops if they won't deal. But I see it as a want, not a need purchase .

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium

You don’t have to buy from any of those dealerships. I’ve flown on 2 occasions to buy cars for great deals. My 04 GT 4.6 and my 2002 C5. In about 6 months know that dealerships will either deal or they will start to fold.
Good luck

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In about 6 months know that dealerships will either deal or they will start to fold.
I think we're going to see a new marketing strategy soon - buy a Mustang get a de-contented MY22 leftover F150 for a buck. :) Ford has to do something with 50,000 incomplete trucks.

I'm looking at >15% off MSRP deal right now on a left-over '21 Mustang (which isn't an earth-shattering deal in all honesty) and wondering what the deal will be in another 4 weeks...

It is a used car, It's value is already took a 10% hit the first time it drove off the lot
try 15% or more.

Last edited:

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just try to buy with all the bs fee’s in fl for a 8% under MSRP 22, u will NOT get the car.

A used vehicle or new perhaps if they’ve been sitting on it for a while but these whore dealers in FL are the biggest crooks in the US

I do agree though, just buy out of state in a area where its getting cold, there u should get that deal you guys are talking about but in FL IMHO never

They add so many bs fee’s its hilarious😝

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Just try to buy with all the bs fee’s in fl for a 8% under MSRP 22, u will NOT get the car.

A used vehicle or new perhaps if they’ve been sitting on it for a while but these whore dealers in FL are the biggest crooks in the US

I do agree though, just buy out of state in a area where its getting cold, there u should get that deal you guys are talking about but in FL IMHO never

They add so many bs fee’s its hilarious😝
They add them because yoyo's pay them.
Sad when there is how many ford stores in that state, and neighboring states.
My legs work, I have no problem getting out of a chair and walking out the door.
Sponsored