Sponsored

Thoughts on the 2023 Z06?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I dunno. I've driven C8 Stingray Z51 and even when you're going all out, it's much easier to control than a Mustang GT. More controlled, more stable, not as eager to seek out a crowd or tree.
I'm surprised you were able to go "all out" in a C8 Z51. Did you have the nannies on or off during this high speed adventure?
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Unreal to me that all some of you here have to do is come in and derail a thread. Apparently decency is going the way of the manual transmission
If you have something new and different to say about the 2023 Z06 you could probably get the thread back on track.

Or you could just insult other members instead. Either way. Whichever you prefer.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I'm surprised you care so much about lap times in the Z06 when you haven't taken your current cars to a track. I get that a lap time is a measuring stick of general performance, but to me enjoyment is more important. Maybe driving race cars has jaded you to having fun on track in a car. You've become all business behind the wheel.

Bringing up 'ring lap times just makes me think about dishonesty in lap times more than actual performance. You realize there's no official GT350R lap time on the ring, right? The 7:32 that was all over the internet had nothing behind it.
Well, work gets in the way of personal track time.
One is a job, the other isn't, the job comes first. Most of the time starting grids are set by lap times, So they are a little bit important to many Folks.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Unreal to me that all some of you here have to do is come in and derail a thread. Apparently decency is going the way of the manual transmission
Come on, 99% of those on this forum would never ever even entertain owning one, as it Doesn't have a ford badge, even if it becomes the best bank for the buck and runs rings around everything avail. you can buy for under a cool 1.5million.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised you were able to go "all out" in a C8 Z51. Did you have the nannies on or off during this high speed adventure?
A little of both on the windy mountain roads in eastern Kentucky. (As much as the nannies that can be turned off.) While the tail WILL get out, it's much more prone to mild understeer than tail out oversteer. It was a much less white knuckled experience than my car for sure.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
A little of both on the windy mountain roads in eastern Kentucky. (As much as the nannies that can be turned off.) While the tail WILL get out, it's much more prone to mild understeer than tail out oversteer. It was a much less white knuckled experience than my car for sure.
Compare price of a Mustang GT and a C8 Z51.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Very cool. So few people have had an opportunity to drive a C8 yet, and I'm sure most owners of them have been reluctant to push them hard.

Yes I have heard that understeer is typical. Do you know whether the car you were driving had a performance alignment? I would have thought it would be very difficult to get the rear to come loose, but then plagued by snap oversteer if the rear did come loose.

The reputation of mid-engine cars is they have good grip but at the limit they become much more difficult to control than a front engine vehicle. My guess not having driven a C8 would have been that the Mustang would break the rear loose much easier but also be easier to control when sliding because the Mustang wouldn't come around as quickly.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
If you have something new and different to say about the 2023 Z06 you could probably get the thread back on track.

Or you could just insult other members instead. Either way. Whichever you prefer.
Does that apply only to those who may not agree with you? Because you literally just did what you said not to do. Ironic

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
Very cool. So few people have had an opportunity to drive a C8 yet, and I'm sure most owners of them have been reluctant to push them hard.

Yes I have heard that understeer is typical. Do you know whether the car you were driving had a performance alignment? I would have thought it would be very difficult to get the rear to come loose, but then plagued by snap oversteer if the rear did come loose.

The reputation of mid-engine cars is they have good grip but at the limit they become much more difficult to control than a front engine vehicle. My guess not having driven a C8 would have been that the Mustang would break the rear loose much easier but also be easier to control when sliding because the Mustang wouldn't come around as quickly.

Pretty sure it was in factory alignment, although I didn't ask him. Pretty sure he's not the typical track kind of guy.

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Come on, 99% of those on this forum would never ever even entertain owning one, as it Doesn't have a ford badge, even if it becomes the best bank for the buck and runs rings around everything avail. you can buy for under a cool 1.5million.
Still have to admire Chevy for putting this out there. I doubt it will last long just like the rest of the ICE performance cars. You are correct, I am a Ford guy but not sure how long that will last with the way things are going. I am not a big supercar person either regardless of brand. The Ford GT is probably an exception but only because the people who designed it were brilliant IMO. Still a pony car guy, a Mustang guy. But that does not mean I cant appreciate others

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Still have to admire Chevy for putting this out there. I doubt it will last long just like the rest of the ICE performance cars. You are correct, I am a Ford guy but not sure how long that will last with the way things are going. I am not a big supercar person either regardless of brand. The Ford GT is probably an exception but only because the people who designed it were brilliant IMO. Still a pony car guy, a Mustang guy. But that does not mean I cant appreciate others
Tim, like you I have been a Blue Oval enthusiast for some ~54 years, but what is not to like and/or admire about the new Corvette C8 ZO6 as it is an absolutely incredible performance vehicle especially for the money.

When combined with the ZO7 option there is no question that this C8 model is going to take home a great deal of automotive magazine awards both here in America and of course abroad as well.

Have a terrific car buddy that lives not far from me that has ~300 miles on his new ZO6/ZO7 and is a die hard Porsche and Audi enthusiast which includes owning an R8 convertible and coupe.

This individual spends a great deal of time at the track with his vehicles and he says his ZO6/ZO7 is incredible and is trying to rack up enough street miles before he hits the track with it.

Hoping to soon get a chance to have some seat time in that incredible vehicle!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Hey PP0001….
I’d offer to break that Z07 in for the man.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Maybe the Corvette forums are talking about Mustangs and Shelby Mustangs?
I'm sure they did talk about the 350/R in 2015 and the GT500 in 2020.
Sponsored