Thoughts on the 2023 Z06?

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I just paid deposit for a Z06 convertible.

Wife will take the Mach 1 when I get my C8. Super excited.
Any idea on delivery time ? Also, does the dealer have the allocation or are you on a long list ?
Sponsored

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
Outside of the flat plane design being somewhat similar...BTW, their intake butterfly arrangement does a nice job of metering out low end torque as well apparently, something the VooDoo was always a bit challenged with. Other than that, any other comparisons particularly those on road courses with front engine machinery are just not apples to apples...physics...hard to overcome.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Would love to park one next to the 350R. Anyone know a dealership with an MSRP allocation? I won't be paying over. I'll wait for it to calm down or buy uses in a few years. Gettin a GT mach E next year for DD, so looking forward to that next.

Prefo20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 and 2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I am posting this here as it is the only other American flat plane crank. It does have pretty impressive numbers.

0-60 in 2.6 seconds
six-piston Brembos (Z07 package gets carbon-ceramic brakes)
8600 redline
670 HP

Looks are subjective. The manual vs DCT is also a matter of opinion (I do prefer to row my own gears). Anyone upgrading to this? Or parking alongside their GT350(R)?

I've owned 6 C7's and absolutely loved them. My last was a 2018 Callaway ZO6 with 757/777. 0-60 in 2.8 and 1/4 in 10.5 and I thought that thing was violent. I can't even imagine what this thing feels like. I was waiting this ZO6 to come out because I wasn't crazy about the Stingray, but I will be parking one of these next to my 2020 Mustang GT. Now, on to the crazy wait list !

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I would not expect in 2022 at all. Maybe 2023 second half.
Maybe for the ones who know the right people.
I thought the car wasn’t going to be “available” until this spring/summer anyways.

StangersInTheNight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
It’ll be interesting to see how many dealers charge an ADM, and where the pricing ends up coming in at once you add on a few items. I was planning to buy one at launch, but now I think I plan to wait until they’ve been in production a few years.
I've put in a deposit for Z06 convertible with a major Corvette dealer, number 1085 on their list. They sell at MSRP+$400. They estimate 18 to 36 months for delivery, so maybe they will have some of the kinks worked out by then. If there's a lot of bad news with early deliveries, I can cancel up to the point where they actually start building my car.

For me, I was kinda blah on the C8 styling, but the wider fenders of the Z06 to accommodate the wider wheels/tires changes the overall look for the better. Will look nice next to the GT350R.

Last edited:

Voodoo Blues

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2017 Impreza
I suspect the Ferrari like sound is from them doing a UDDU firing order vs the Voodoo's UDUD.
I suspect the Ferrari like sound is from them doing a UDDU firing order vs the Voodoo's UDUD.
I think you're right about Ferrari V8 crankshafts being UDDU and the Voodoo being UDUD. Also, I wonder how much the intake manifold contributes. Both Ferrari and the new Chevy LT6 5.5 use a dual throttle body/dual intake plenum configuration. If I remember right, the Voodoo doesn't or can't use the dual intake because of the UDUD configuration.

The LT6 intake (everything about it really) is a brilliant piece of engineering. It seems you get the quick response of individual throttle bodies with the trumpets inside the plenums and improved lower-end torque controlled with those three valves between the plenums. This setup is similar in concept and engineering to the intake of the new Porsche GT3. Jason Fenske has great videos on Engineering Explained about the new GT3 and LT6 engines.

Sponsored

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Meh....still ugly to me.:puke:

And someone correct me if I'm wrong...but this thing didn't break the 7 minute barrier at the 'Ring. All that tech and so on.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Great car. I'd still rather have a Viper ACR.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
IDK - 2.x 0-60 sounds pretty fun.
No doubt... no doubt... but the verbage was "... our engineers have seen the Z06 go AS LOW AS 2.6"... that means track package and carbon fibre wheels. No doubt fast, but the C8 Z51 does crack the high 2s in 0-60 as well. I dig what you're saying, but this is a track car and I have no doubt will not feel faster or more engaging on the street than a C8 Z51. Z06 is a track car... really always has been. ZR1 is the street monster.

I saw a C8 (I think Z51 - front skirts???) take off from a plaza the other day and HOLY COW... the 1-2 shift and acceleration just looked insane....
Sponsored