Sponsored

Thoughts on the 2023 Z06?

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
Looks great, was kinda shocked reading it has 670hp N/A. Would definitely add it, not replace the GT350R.

The sound it makes is nice, but I'm not sold on it. It's not as visceral and raw as our GT350/R's.

I'm by no means hating on Chevrolet, I would consider buying the car, but I was chuckling at a lot of the things they were highlighting. The flat-plane crank, carbon fiber wheels/wing (GT350R). I'm sure Ford was also chuckling watching that video. They do offer carbon ceramic brakes though, but no 6-speed of course.

Again, props to Chevrolet and America.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
I have no idea what this will cost but I have to admit, I love it. That thing looks amazing, sounds amazing, and likely drives amazing. I don't love the rear end of the regular C8 at all but I really like the rear of this Z06 C8. The wider fenders really make a difference.
I love it as well. I always preferred any of the wide bodied cars.
That's the reason I had a C6 GS for 8 years. I never tired of looking at it.

It did take me awhile to get uses to the C8 but once I saw one in person at Road America I was sold.
Miraculous car. And I know the Z06 will really trip my trigger in person.
And THAT ENGINE!! 😍

Sign me up.

Sponsored

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
At 670hp for a naturally aspirated motor? Slap some twin turbos on there and you will be a badddd SOB. For right around 100k what other cars would be a contender?

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Question is…would we have this new Z06, flat plane crank, carbon fiber wheels vette, if Ford had never introduced the GT350 in 2015?

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
Such an awesome car on so many levels. GM really hit it out of the park, can't wait to hear and see it at racetracks next year !
And that engine, would have been nice to have that in the Ford GT :sunglasses:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Question is…would we have this new Z06, flat plane crank, carbon fiber wheels vette, if Ford had never introduced the GT350 in 2015?
Probably not. The internet is blowing up over this thing and how much better the output is compared to the GT350, but people seem to not realize that the Voodoo is a budget motor that was constrained by having to be built using modular tooling. GM has thrown a MASSIVE amount of money at the C8 and this derivative. No expenses spared. The C8 looks poised to steal market share from the big boys like Porsche and Ferrari. I don't think it's really intended to "show up" the 350. I think GM just wanted to take that successful formula that the 350 shook the market with and build it to a level that they could use it to wallop some of the standard players. After all, the classic stereotype corvette owner pool is limited and shrinking fast. They need a new market to play in to keep the car alive in the future.

I'm also torn, because on one hand I love that classic Ferrari sound provided by the UDDU crank throw setup and associated firing order. But the Voodoo's unique signature sound is just so good. It's like a cross plane and a flat plane had a baby. The 350 is also manual only, and that's a big thing for me as well. The biggest question is if GM was able to solve the reliability issues given the inherent instability of a flat plane. Especially with such a large displacement, high redline, and extremely high output/BMEP.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
While I am not a corvette guy, you have to respect GM for putting together a product like this. Looks are subjective of course but it sounds amazing.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The Z51 C8 was already on the list, but this just blew it out of the water. The Z06 fixes a few nits in appearance I have with the lesser C8, and the rest that it brings to the table is just plain epic. If a base Z with a couple of minor options can be had for ~$100K, this might be the first GM I own in two decades. My car buddies would shit. GT500 what?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The Z51 C8 was already on the list, but this just blew it out of the water. The Z06 fixes a few nits in appearance I have with the lesser C8, and the rest that it brings to the table is just plain epic. If a base Z with a couple of minor options can be had for ~$100K, this might be the first GM I own in two decades. My car buddies would shit. GT500 what?
Something tells me the hype and demand for this will create pretty hilarious "market adjustments".

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Something tells me the hype and demand for this will create pretty hilarious "market adjustments".
Oh, I'm sure. At least at first. But it can't be as ridiculous as what has gone on with the GT500 (maybe).

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
The performance is fantastic. It’s really hard to spend $100,000 on a car for me. To me the C8 stopped being a Corvette looks wise and I still can’t get into it. I know manual is not a problem for me. I agree with an earlier comment that if I’m going to upgrade it would probably be a Cayman GT4.
i think this is the main thing for me as well. always loved corvettes, and i understand why chevy went this way with the C8. but i heard or read it being described as "it looks like nothing and looks like everything at the same time." this hit the nail on the head to me about it looks wise. but that's just an opinion and ya know what they say about those. i am happy to see that its performance is going to be on a whole different level, one american cars dont often get to, and at a much lower entry fee than the European options. corvette has always been good in that regard, but i think even more so with the C8.

last thing ill do is start a manual vs auto debate, more than enough of those, but i used to be a manual only guy who'd be able to tell a stick from an auto just by how it pulls away from a light in traffic and say "blah, just an auto..." now i have an A10 and love the hell out of it. i do have a second manual mustang too, however, which helps. but i could easily and happily put up with having a C8 that isnt manual. never thought id say that. im also not a track guy, as many of the gt350 owners here are, so that does change things as well.
Sponsored