Sponsored

Thoughts on the 2023 Z06?

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
I am posting this here as it is the only other American flat plane crank. It does have pretty impressive numbers.

0-60 in 2.6 seconds
six-piston Brembos (Z07 package gets carbon-ceramic brakes)
8600 redline
670 HP

Looks are subjective. The manual vs DCT is also a matter of opinion (I do prefer to row my own gears). Anyone upgrading to this? Or parking alongside their GT350(R)?

Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
not a corvette hater by any means, but i still cant get over the looks. maybe itll grow on me but hasnt yet. ive seen plenty of them in person. performance is very impressive. even the current ones, the performance they get with "only" 490 or whatever they are, is very impressive. great car, not my cup. 100% subjective. i cant afford one anyways :cwl: . if i could, id still get a shelby. maybe even a camaro before the vette. id get a C7 all day as well.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I am posting this here as it is the only other American flat plane crank. It does have pretty impressive numbers.

0-60 in 2.6 seconds
six-piston Brembos (Z07 package gets carbon-ceramic brakes)
8600 redline
670 HP

Looks are subjective. The manual vs DCT is also a matter of opinion (I do prefer to row my own gears). Anyone upgrading to this? Or parking alongside their GT350(R)?

It’ll be interesting to see how many dealers charge an ADM, and where the pricing ends up coming in at once you add on a few items. I was planning to buy one at launch, but now I think I plan to wait until they’ve been in production a few years.

I’ve driven a C8 z51 on track for 90 minutes. It wasn’t as fast as the 350 on track, but in fairness the c8 I drove did have a street alignment and didn’t have cup 2’s. The extra couple hundred horses will certainly make a difference.

Overall I’m a fan of anything that goes fast or looks cool :)

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Looks very interesting with phenomenal performance numbers.

For me personally, numbers just don't mean as much anymore. I'm more about the driving experience, and while this thing will likely be absolutely amazing on the track, 1) it's out of my price range, and 2) I question whether it would be that much more fun for daily use than a GT350 or a plain jane C8.

My guess would be the wealthy among us will eat them up because they outperform performance P cars for lower cost on the track, but the target demographic seems to be more and more selective.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I thought Chevy did a great job. The hit on all the right things IMO. 670. N/A. Thats a whole lot of engine growl. Also like our GT350, it revving to 8100 or so.

The Z06 is going to be a great seller, and with the z51 package, its going to be a beast. Where it ends up price wise is anyone's guess. I will not have one though, not because its a Vette, but because I cannot fit in one lol

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
The manual vs DCT is also a matter of opinion (I do prefer to row my own gears). Anyone upgrading to this? Or parking alongside their GT350(R)?
The lack of a manual kills it for me. If I upgrade, it will be the 2021+ Cayman GT4 (in manual).
The Z06 does sound just like a Ferrari however. I like the GT350 exhaust a lot, but that Z06 exhaust is great as well.
I am looking forward to hearing these things ring out some high rpm's on a track.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
The lack of a manual kills it for me. If I upgrade, it will be the 2021+ Cayman GT4 (in manual).
The Z06 does sound just like a Ferrari however. I like the GT350 exhaust a lot, but that Z06 exhaust is great as well.
I am looking forward to hearing these things ring out some high rpm's on a track.
I suspect the Ferrari like sound is from them doing a UDDU firing order vs the Voodoo's UDUD.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Still not a fan of the C8 but kudos to Chevy for jumping in to the flat plane platform. Definitely will be out of my price range regardless

Sponsored

J. Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / Track Pack
I think this car will be outstanding! I've been saying this from the introduction of the mid-engined C8: the car is really going to shine with a lot more horsepower (than the 490 in the "regular" Corvette). Really glad to see they put some work in developing a flat-plane V8 kicking out some serious power as opposed to upping the boost or adding a bigger blower. I'm expecting some serious performance numbers and times out of this car (in line with Ferrari's and McLaren's). We'll see....

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I actually like the the C8 in certain colors... Considered it before I decided on the GT350. I really wanted a manual again and the Shelby checked all my boxes.

If I had plenty of spare cash I would def pick up the Z06. Wouldn't trade my gt350 for one, but would make an awesome addition.

Last edited:

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I think this car will be outstanding! I've been saying this from the introduction of the mid-engined C8: the car is really going to shine with a lot more horsepower (than the 490 in the "regular" Corvette). Really glad to see they put some work in developing a flat-plane V8 kicking out some serious power as opposed to upping the boost or adding a bigger blower. I'm expecting some serious performance numbers and times out of this car (in line with Ferrari's and McLaren's). We'll see....
It already does 0-60 in 2.6… not that I care for that but to show you where its performance is at. I dont know of any other N/A cars that is anywhere near that. That is 991 Turbo S number that has turbo chargers and all wheel drive. It will probably do 10 seconds flat a little under 135 1/4 mile and pull sub 7 minute nurburgring time. It will beat the current zr1 in every track.
Sponsored