Sponsored

Thoughts on 18 Roush blower?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
but if you use roush thats, what he saying the warranty stays intact, so nothing is out of pocket.
Yep, understood.
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
im Considering the Whipple as they unit for the 18 seems better and their stage 1 comes with their own warranty as well. as we know the roush warranty is not the same as the ford factory warranty.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Better read that fine print in that warranty. It's not what it seems.
You can trust in Roush even if you don't trust the dealership selling it. I had documentation regarding the warranty in emails, yet the salesperson never "sold" me the warranty on paper (after my incident Roush gave me the warranty at no charge). I had tune issues back in 2015 on my automatic. They put me in a rental, picked my car up, and took it to Michigan to fix it. Once they fixed it, they flew me up to test drive and verify the problem was gone. They stand behind their product and warranty.

That's not to knock Whipple at all though.... They were more than willing to assist when I had my issues. Their customer service is also awesome. So is their product.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we dynoed an auto car we installed and it put down 638, with 15% drivetrain loss, thats 750 crank , with is historically what you lose through an auto, thats 797.

the 2.65 is a great blower, if you have any questions on one, his us up, we have kits in stock!

Ryan@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROUSH
Vehicle(s)
2018 ROUSH Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Hello guys, I just got the 18 Mustang GT premium pp and I am planning to add a Roush blower. The only reason of getting a Roush blower is to keep my warranty alive. But I recently heard that Roush blower has really bad and not their best design for the 18 GT's and not efficient. Also heard that the blower it self will get very hot often and will loose power. Is this true? This 18 is my daily cat about 40 miles a day commute and will not be on a track. Would be great if anyone has accurate information.
Rollingshi59,

Thanks for considering ROUSH! Our 2.65L supercharger is the most efficient blower from ROUSH to date and the best part is the warranty is included. We haven't had any issues with heat, so i'm not sure where that came from. Plus this blower is perfect for a vehicle that is driven daily.
Feel free to shoot us a message on any social media platform or here if you have any questions!

-Marcus

Sponsored

Sean@LethalPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang 5.0
As other have mentioned the small inlet on the Roush supercharger really inhibits you from making big power compared to the other blowers.

However, if you think you'll be content with in the 650WHP range and set one keeping your warranty, then the Roush would be your best way to go. But talk to your dealer about the complete Whipple kits for the 18, Whipple is working with Ford for their calibration, so maybe depending on what dealer you have install, they might work with the Whipple.

kidamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 10 sp auto
Better read that fine print in that warranty. It's not what it seems.
Just read the pdf seems pretty standard does not covered typical wear and tear parts the normal of any warranty, what specifically are you suggesting wouldnt be covered?

rbeaudo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustgang GT Premium A10 VB Roush charged
Rollingshi59,

Thanks for considering ROUSH! Our 2.65L supercharger is the most efficient blower from ROUSH to date and the best part is the warranty is included. We haven't had any issues with heat, so i'm not sure where that came from. Plus this blower is perfect for a vehicle that is driven daily.
Feel free to shoot us a message on any social media platform or here if you have any questions!

-Marcus
I just ordered a 19 and was planning on having the Roush blower installed by my dealer when it arrives late summer will there be any issues installing it on a 19? I currently have a 15 GT with the Roush on it and have had zero issues now at 36,000 fun miles

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I have a 2018 as well - and if I were to do this - it would be a must that the warranty is maintained. I'll be watching this thread closely.

Good luck!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I have a 2018 as well - and if I were to do this - it would be a must that the warranty is maintained. I'll be watching this thread closely.

Good luck!
that is one of the main reasons people love the setup.

FYI, kits in stock ready to ship!!!

www.teambeefcakeracing.com

Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Rollingshi59,

-Marcus
Marcus, can you delve into the comment about the inlet being very small because of the lower hood. I find it hard to believe you could go with a bigger blower if it couldn't take in enough air.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Man people scream but inlet but inlet butttttt inlet is too small.

Geezus people that roush blower on good ol corn would throw down over 700whp with a smile.

Not everything needs to be full retard!

RonnieSVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 SVT Lighting , 2018 GT350
The inlet hole is bigger than the throttle body so it's fine !

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
Is there still an issue with the fuel rails for the 2018 Roush blower? I understand there was a recall and people were waiting for replacement parts.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Man people scream but inlet but inlet butttttt inlet is too small.

Geezus people that roush blower on good ol corn would throw down over 700whp with a smile.

Not everything needs to be full retard!
i see the stock pulley and e85 on a custom tune, making 700+ through the auto all day, maybe more like 750,
Sponsored