Snapped IAT sensor on Roush blower

GRABBERBLUE17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 GRABBER BLUE GT PREMIUM
Hi all, was removing the plastic IAT sensor from my Roush blower to replace it with a brass sensor from VMP and it snapped off flush. Just looking for ideas or any tricks you folks might have on getting it out without taking the intake and everything off? I'm in the process of having Lund remotely tune the car and was trying to get it done this weekend.

Any and all help will be much appreciated!
Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Hi all, was removing the plastic IAT sensor from my Roush blower to replace it with a brass sensor from VMP and it snapped off flush. Just looking for ideas or any tricks you folks might have on getting it out without taking the intake and everything off? I'm in the process of having Lund remotely tune the car and was trying to get it done this weekend.

Any and all help will be much appreciated!
can you take a pic for reference?

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
Hope these help.

IMG_1721.JPG

IMG_1722.JPG

Friends whipple did the same exact thing. Apparently these are single use sensors. Not sure why they're using the sealant they are, more like a thread locker.

He ended up taking his to a local mustang guy/performance shop and they drilled it out and cleaned it up with the appropriate tap. Cost him $40

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
wow. I am glad they got smarter later on. Mine is brass and teflon taped in....

Sorry OP I think DiEzeL is right may have to pull it otherwise you will get stuff in the intake and down in the cylinders

Sponsored

OP
OP

GRABBERBLUE17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Friends whipple did the same exact thing. Apparently these are single use sensors. Not sure why they're using the sealant they are, more like a thread locker.

He ended up taking his to a local mustang guy/performance shop and they drilled it out and cleaned it up with the appropriate tap. Cost him $40
Yeah, no idea why the hell Roush used thread locker on a plastic sensor.

wow. I am glad they got smarter later on. Mine is brass and teflon taped in....

Sorry OP I think DiEzeL is right may have to pull it otherwise you will get stuff in the intake and down in the cylinders
That's my concern, drilling it out and getting shit down into the intake and stuff.

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I replaced mine, at one point I thought it would snap off, I got lucky and it came loose, but man that was tight for whatever reason.

Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
get a easy out kit tap it with one half the size.. heat the metal up around it and see if she will move.. just make sure you heat the metal not the plastic sensor .. it should loosin the loctite them idiots used lol

OP
OP

GRABBERBLUE17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
get a easy out kit tap it with one half the size.. heat the metal up around it and see if she will move.. just make sure you heat the metal not the plastic sensor .. it should loosin the loctite them idiots used lol
Cool, thanks for the tip. Gonna try that in the morning. I almost heated the metal to soften up the loctite too. Damn it!

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
My VMP did the exact same thing. Had to drill it out and then use a pipe thread tap to clean up the threads. PITA! Take your time and it will be just fine.

OP
OP

GRABBERBLUE17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
My VMP did the exact same thing. Had to drill it out and then use a pipe thread tap to clean up the threads. PITA! Take your time and it will be just fine.
Did you pull the blower and fuel charging assembly or did you do it with it all on?
Sponsored