Those with Short Shifters

VitalZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2011 Infiniti G37X
I did the Steeda bracket on it's own and it was plenty sufficient. I wanted to try a short-throw so did that on my 2nd car just for kicks.
What did you like better?
Sponsored

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
I run the Barton Hybrid 3, trans mounted. The stiff side springs, and adjusted the shifter side to side plate. Have the 1-2 gates aligned perfect off the side, it's fantastic.

MGW/Barton can't go wrong. Trans mount ftw.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
What did you like better?
OEM stalk + bracket. The short-throw+bracket is 'neat' but not compelling. I preferred the traditional throw length. The support bracket be it Steeda or presumably Barton is a must do.

The TR6060 shifter on the SS/1LE was a bit floppy and felt 'vague' in that the detents were subtle compared to the in-your-face of the MT82. On detent feel alone I prefer the MT82 but the TR6060 didn't fight back and was snick-snick. One was a well-oiled machine/bolt-action and the other was a bit of stubborn mule that let you know you were prodding it 'just right'.

Last edited:

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
I wouldn’t want to do it again. Jack stands and cold. Was quite miserable tbh. If I did it again Idk if I would want to do it myself again. But prob would bc shop rates prob be stupid expensive
I'd do it again, but it wouldn't be something I'd enjoy installing again ... LOL

VitalZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2011 Infiniti G37X
When you were installing did you take the exhaust and driveshaft down for easier access?

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I paid $189 plus tax to install the MGW, so I say it was worth paying for it.

TRP45ACP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, PP1, MT82, 401A
MGW. Very positive engagement with fantastic shifts. Have never experienced a high rpm lockout since owning it. I love their product.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Full Tilt Boogie solid trans mount, Boomba Shorty Short, Steeda Trans mount insert and the most under rated and over looked fluid for the MT-82 Motul Multi DCTF.
Slices through the gears down to -15 F

pt's21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP MT, Wife's 20 Mustang GT A10
How do you like the shifter? I've been looking at it but haven't pulled the trigger. I have the shifter and trans mounts from Boomba already. Those 2 pieces plus the BG Syncro shift II fluid change made the manual much more enjoyable.

I know others have complained about the manual, but I'm pretty happy with it. It's a little clucky, but smooths out considerable after reaching normal operating temp and never experienced a missed gear or lockout since installing. I don't baby my car, but I'm very conscience about driving conservatively until it warms up and not abusing my clutch. The few people I've let drive my car are always told the same thing, don't go over 3 - 3.5 k rpms before it warms up and don't ride my clutch. Everything else is free game, have fun.
It made it a little notchy, but is a vast improvement over stock. I think the notchy is a result of the shorter throw requiring more force to move shifter (not excessive).

And forgot, I put in the transmission mount insert long ago. So, Boomba short shifter, Blowfish bracket, mount insert, and Syncromesh fluid and I’m good to go.
Sponsored