Thinking of selling my GT500

koldrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
I keep on going back and forth on this but I am thinking of selling my GT 500. I feel the car is "too much car" meaning Its probably never going to see a track and driving it around you never really get to enjoy the potential or this beast. On the other side of things I own a GT500 something that I have always wanted to do. I could just buy a non-shelly and have a car I can make my own as I really don't see much to customize on the GT500.

I have a good deal on a new F150 Platinum that I know the whole family would enjoy but I really keep going back a forth on this topic.

Thoughts? First world problems, I know.
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I keep on going back and forth on this but I am thinking of selling my GT 500. I feel the car is "too much car" meaning Its probably never going to see a track and driving it around you never really get to enjoy the potential or this beast. On the other side of things I own a GT500 something that I have always wanted to do. I could just buy a non-shelly and have a car I can make my own as I really don't see much to customize on the GT500.

I have a good deal on a new F150 Platinum that I know the whole family would enjoy but I really keep going back a forth on this topic.

Thoughts?
Even if you aren't going to track it to me it is an investment.

Can you afford to keep it and get the truck too?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Given how hard it is to get one of these, I'd say hang onto it. It will always be a special car. But odds are you could make some money on it in today's market too. Only you can make this call.

That said, I'm on board with much of what you're saying. I wanted one as well (badly), but I'd never track it either and the "too much car" thing was one of many factors for me dumping the notion. While I believe this version is many times the car my modded '07 was, the memories of it remain as a semi-usable car on public roads given my usage. Been there, done that, the Shelby name on a car didn't improve my existence in any meaningful way outside being paranoid about it getting damaged. I've found my lowly GT to be one of the more fun Mustangs I've had since it wasn't a special edition like most of the others and therefore felt the sky was the limit on what I wanted to do with it.

I will say this since you touched on it, put the priority on family. That means more than any car.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
To me it is the absolute pinnacle of muscle cars in the history of the world. I'd say if you can afford it, just keep it....may be a bit biased though.

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
You can fix this. Put it in sport mode, go to the nearest entrance ramp, roll out about 20 mph, plant your right foot. All of that sell nonsense will disappear.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Mine will never be tracked, but I didnt buy it for that reason, I bought it to have, drive spirited on the roads at times, but to own a part of history, which now considering everything that has happened since it debut might end up being a valuable car. But thats me.

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Are you getting any pressure from the mrs?

Are you looking to capitalize on the insane pricing of the used car mkt?

I agree that prices of these will remain robust unless they do a 7G version.

Best of luck either way 👍

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Keep it. They are unique and special cars.

Last edited:

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
They are special, but a collector car ?? That remains to be seen

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I’ll be selling my 2020 for a 2022 HE.
Yep. Been there. Done that. Sold my base 2020 for a 2022 CFTP HE. If I was not going to get a 2022 CFTP car, I would have kept the 2020.
I have a 2019 4x4 Ford Ranger SCREW to knock around in and take the dog places.
So justifying a very expensive toy car (in my world $97,000 for a toy is expensive) was my only hurdle. I jumped that hurdle rather quickly.
Point being, unless financially or lack of room for parking are problems, keep the car.

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Honest opinion? Slap a set of twin turbos to put you at 12-1300 rwhp. Youll forget about selling and just keep it
Sponsored