Sponsored

Thinking of buying a Mach 1 to daily - Thoughts

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Rear park sensors were always the odd omission to me on the Mach 1. I think the GT500 has that so it can't have anything to do with the bumper or diffuser design. Again...not a big deal with the camera and the side warning.
Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Screenshot_20220930-072614_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Rear park sensors were always the odd omission to me on the Mach 1. I think the GT500 has that so it can't have anything to do with the bumper or diffuser design. Again...not a big deal with the camera and the side warning.
No parking sensors on GT500...

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I stand corrected...could have sworn I saw the tell tale little circles on my buddy's 500.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I just wonder when the OP will place his order for a Mach 1. Time may be running out for getting a 2022 Mach 1. With the short run of 2023 Mach 1 Mustangs , chances may be slim to get one before the end of Mach 1 production.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cobruh

cobruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Abhay
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1 (current), 20 GT, 19 Ecoboost (SOLD)
I just wonder when the OP will place his order for a Mach 1. Time may be running out for getting a 2022 Mach 1. With the short run of 2023 Mach 1 Mustangs , chances may be slim to get one before the end of Mach 1 production.
Not ordering one, searching for one on the lot, downside to that is you'll always have to compromise with the options the car has.

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
So true! When with my family I have to drive the SUV and the wife gets to cheer with the kids and browse her phone, so I actually put the car on the adaptive cruise control, set the speed and then I literally drive it as if it is a game, with the buttons on the steering wheel - increase / decrease speed, distance, etc. Touching the brake only when something is out of place and the car doesn't detect it.
The M1 - completely opposite - I love it, I enjoy the drive no matter where, even in traffic :) I really enjoy the pony so much, it makes me smile just thinking about it.

Both cars though have their pro's and con's - different purpose, different drive, different experience, but the pony for me is the one which gives me pleasure!
I was really disappointed when I found out M1's had no ACC. I only began to experience that feature a year and a half ago with the wife's Highlander. I have come to REALLY appreciate it on trips where I am driving on the interstate highways. The Toyota system is really awesome in that it will take the car all the way down to a dead stop. From what I understand the Ford system disengages well above that. It is also nice for tedious city commute driving in traffic. Many people that have not experienced a good ACC system like Toyota's will bash it. All I have to say to them is don't knock it until you try it. It really is a nice feature that is worthy of consideration when choosing a daily driver.

With all that being said, I am getting my M1 to travel across America's scenic byways. While I will at times wish I had ACC, I personally did not hesitate one second to order my M1 over a GT.

Last edited:

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Indeed, a good ACC really turns a long highway trip into much easier drive. My wife drives the Mazda CX5, and the ACC can be used in the city, it can be engaged as low as 30km/h. In traffic where you hardly move, the only thing you have to do when the ACC is engaged, is to tap the gas pedal, and rhe car takes over, keeps distance and stops if traffic stops. On the highway, just set the speed limit and distance, and it's a breeze riding 500km.

Don't get me wrong, I love high tech and enjoy smart things, I'm an IT and I have always been thrilled by great use of technology. It's just different experience and different pleasure riding the pony. It can't be explained, it has to be experienced.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hey all, I own a 2020 Mustang GT 10r80 PP1 in Race Red currently. The vehicle is being reacquired by Ford as it is a lemon, I love this car but there have been too many problems. I find myself searching for a new vehicle once again and I just can't think of anything other than a Mustang. I planned to keep my GT forever but unfortunately it won't be possible. So I have been contemplating buying a Mach 1 to replace it. 2 things to note here, FIRST, it will be driven 250 miles a week on the highway as I commute and SECOND, Is getting the handling package a bit too unnecessary as I plan to daily drive the car more than tracking it. Please let me know what you guys think - Is a Mach 1 daily drive able + Is the handling package suited for normal driving?
Depends on your commute, the Mach 1 should be very dailyable. My Bullitt (which underneath is a similar car) is a wonderful daily, it's a fantastic cruiser even on very long trips. My commute is similar length to yours.
If I don't go crazy, I average long time 21mpg, on pure highway I'm approaching 30mpg.

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Is that with cruise control at 60 mph? I never could get below 24 mpg even with really light foot on roads outside of towns or highway. But I set 85 mph on the highway.
On flat highway that's instant fuel economy, for entire trip I've gotten 28-29mpg on my winter tires (so 255s around instead of 255 front and 275 rear) on a trip from OH to the Czech embassy in DC of all places (can't renew passport otherwise). That's about 500 miles/800km one way.

Since you're Czech and mpg is a weird measurement anyway, that's just above 8l/100km on that trip.
Also, just an FYI, you don't want to get "below" certain mpg. The higher the mpg (miles per gallon), the more fuel efficient a vehicle is.
I know the l/100km you want to go low (below a certain value), with mpg it's reversed, basically how many miles you can drive on a volume of gas, while rest of the world uses "how much gas you consume on this distance."
Don't get me started on US measurements and units.

Lastly, for lot of US interstate (think "dálnice"), speed limit is generally 70mph, so cruise at 75mph. Which is well below your 130-140km/h on D1 in Czech. ;)

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
I've noticed something, which I'm not really sure of and it seems there's such a tendency, but manufacturers seem to have 'target' speeds where consumption is kind of 'optimized'.
So the targets noticed(and it makes sense, as these are common speed limits all over the world) are 50km/h, 90km/h, 120km/h (31mph, 55mph, 75mph respectively).
On speeds different than these, the consumption tends to get higher. So if you drive 40km/h you get worse mileage than going 50. I noticed the difference between 120 and 140kmh with the M1 is not that significant (like 0.2-0.3 l/100km) however beyond 140 kmh(85mph) it starts growing very fast.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've noticed something, which I'm not really sure of and it seems there's such a tendency, but manufacturers seem to have 'target' speeds where consumption is kind of 'optimized'.
So the targets noticed(and it makes sense, as these are common speed limits all over the world) are 50km/h, 90km/h, 120km/h (31mph, 55mph, 75mph respectively).
On speeds different than these, the consumption tends to get higher. So if you drive 40km/h you get worse mileage than going 50. I noticed the difference between 120 and 140kmh with the M1 is not that significant (like 0.2-0.3 l/100km) however beyond 140 kmh(85mph) it starts growing very fast.
Yes, "highway" speeds are never the interstate or "autobahn-style" highway speeds.

It's a funny exercise to convert from metric to imperial units and back so people understand it in the discussion 😁
I've lived in the US for about 12 years now between being a student and employed and temperature in Fahrenheit is still stupid.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I believe it is a target RPM not the speed. They know that at 1.5-2k RPM you are not probably racing, so they can tune the power/consumption ratio for consumption. Which is basically what Ford shifting recommendation does.
Sponsored