Sponsored

Thinking of buying a Mach 1 to daily - Thoughts

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I have to ask, do you have a separate set of wheels paired with all season tires in anticipation of colder weather?
I have a second set, yes. The HP rims are 19x10.5 and 19x11. I bought a set of SVE rims (19x10) from LMR, and installed Michelin A/S (285/35) on them; these dimensions allow for a straight-swap. Wheel off. Wheel on.

If you go the HP route, you'd have to find an A/S for the original rims (if using those year round). I'm not sure you'll find a supporting tire, in Michelins anyway. Michelin A/S 4s go 285/35, 285/40 and then jump to 325/30/19.

If staying on the HP route, a second set of rims for Winter with A/S is a better long-term option (IMO). You have a "nice" or "track" set and another set which will be exposed to the elements throughout the worst times of the year.

Another pitfall of the HP will be the splitter. If driving in the snow, I imagine the best option is to remove the bottom half for the season, if not year-round, except for track days.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
100% I would go for the HP and get the PS4 tires. Looks so damn cool. lol

No offense to the Non-HP Mach 1's but I just fell in love with the HP look. Sure you can do it for cheaper but I just want to get it new from factory like that since I have been waiting for so long.
I think it’s absolutely hilarious that op’s could think there’s actually a difference.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
It definitely makes a difference if you stash it in your barn for 50 years.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Well I think the real question is why a Mach 1 at this point. There has been a lot of good feedback, however a HP that won't see the track to take off the splitter and then needing to purchase am extra set of rims and tires is a ton of money that can go towards a whole heap of mods. If it's truly your Daily Driver and may see a track day here or there you habe to ask yourself is the HP at 5k plus extra rims and tires at 3k worth having for what essentially breaks down to a GT500 swing spoiler with Gurney Flap.

These were some of thesin reasons I went non HP. I was never gonna see a track day and the non HP savings have been enough to me being able to do the car the way I wanted it.

Again my reason for a Mach 1 was I liked the look, the extra cooling mods for durability while miessing around on the street and the strip. The 5k I saved has allowed me to buy a FP gt500 spoiler, steeda x pipe, steeda irs brace, a custom cover, uPR bullet shifter, green filter, clear tail lights and side markers, and a few other items I've probably forgot about at this point.

Again, boils down to what your intended use is. Whatever you choose, as you can see from the group, you really can't go wrong.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Well I think the real question is why a Mach 1 at this point. There has been a lot of good feedback, however a HP that won't see the track to take off the splitter and then needing to purchase am extra set of rims and tires is a ton of money that can go towards a whole heap of mods. If it's truly your Daily Driver and may see a track day here or there you habe to ask yourself is the HP at 5k plus extra rims and tires at 3k worth having for what essentially breaks down to a GT500 swing spoiler with Gurney Flap.

These were some of thesin reasons I went non HP. I was never gonna see a track day and the non HP savings have been enough to me being able to do the car the way I wanted it.

Again my reason for a Mach 1 was I liked the look, the extra cooling mods for durability while miessing around on the street and the strip. The 5k I saved has allowed me to buy a FP gt500 spoiler, steeda x pipe, steeda irs brace, a custom cover, uPR bullet shifter, green filter, clear tail lights and side markers, and a few other items I've probably forgot about at this point.

Again, boils down to what your intended use is. Whatever you choose, as you can see from the group, you really can't go wrong.
It doesn’t matter. Big wheelies and spoilers or regular wheelies and spoilers. It’s the EXACT same car
.so silly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cobruh

cobruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Abhay
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1 (current), 20 GT, 19 Ecoboost (SOLD)

Certainly, I need to weigh out my options with all the helpful information I’ve received on this post. It also really comes down to how the vehicles out there are spec-ed out. Especially since there are not a whole lot of options for 10 speed Cyber Orange Mach 1’s.

Woodie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I daily my 22 Mach 1 HP. The lower splitter only hits in my driveway. Go figure. I'm still careful with it and there are a few places I won't take it. Picked up a nail in the sidewall of the driver front with 56 miles on the clock. As for milage... I didn't buy it for fuel economy but I average 13.

Just my 2 cents.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I drove mine 2900 miles in 9 days, from Granger Iowa to S.F. Bay. I have been daily driving since we got home, sitting around 3400 miles as of today. Got 24.5 MPG on the trip home, getting around 15 or 16 with my 13 mile one way commute and driving to cars and coffee's on the weekend. Can't keep my foot out of it for very long each day, it just feels and sounds so awesome!

I also rub in my driveway, and once in a while, but nothing bad. Zero issues other than running over a brass pipe fitting (See my Delivery thread) that put a hole in my diff. oil cooler. Removed it and plugged the fittings in the diff. cover until the cooler gets off back order.

Planning on daily driving forever and it's also going to make a couple long road trips per year and lots of weekend trips, as well as a few track days. Loving it!!!!

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
The non-performance Mach 1 is my first non-SUV vehicle since 2014, which also happens to be my first manual again since 2014. I switched from sedan to SUV because of the kids and the family, but now, my wife has her SUV, and I get to enjoy the Mach 1 to the max.
I do drive it daily, both in heavy traffic and on the highway, and it is making gas disappear like magic, but you should be already used to it if you're driving the GT.
I opted for the mach 1 as the non-hp offers much better overall package than the regular GT - you have more power due to the GT350 cold air intake adoption, better cooling including the rear diff and gearbox, better breaks, better manual gearbox, better suspension, better appearance AND it is a limited edition car, not just any GT. The regular GT, upgraded with the PP, will still not match all of the above, and the price difference won't be that big.

The Mach 1 PP adds on top of all those goodies some stuff, which I don't find useful if you're not planning to track the vehicle at all, as these won't make any difference. I mean the suspension tuning with the cambering plate is the most significant difference, as the front splitter and the rear spoiler, albeit these add to the overall downforce, you can get them and install them yourself, for much less than the PP price. So, the adjustable suspension, if you're not planning on tracking the car won't do any good - it would be like carrying a raincoat in the desert, as it may rain some day.
My point of view - get the Mach 1 and you won't regret it. The only consideration would be whether you want to drive manual or automatic. I really love the manual tremec, but the 10sp auto gives better mileage and acceleration, and is hassle free in traffic. Better yet, if I am not mistaken the auto comes with adaptive cruise control, which follows the traffic and automatically adjusts the speed. As I wanted ME to drive the car, and not the car to drive itself, I opted for the manual and I don't regret it. You have to make your own choices.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Mach 1 auto doesn't have adaptive cruise control. I heard it couldn't be done due to the front end design...not sure if that is true. I don't mind as I hate that feature on my wife's Kia anyways.

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Do what makes you happy. I daily a HP and it’s definitely doable
This right here for mine as well. I won't say I always drive it since I've taken some longer trips a few times this year and was on my bike when weather permitted.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 auto doesn't have adaptive cruise control. I heard it couldn't be done due to the front end design...not sure if that is true. I don't mind as I hate that feature on my wife's Kia anyways.
Then I'm wrong, I thought the auto gets the radar on the bumper, and the camera on the windshield is already there and takes care about collision and distances. And the user guide also states "if the vehicle is equipped", so it's kind of misleading, or I've misread. I thought the addition of rear parking sensors and cross-traffic warning, which is also implemented via the same parking sensors, was not possible to be installed due to the back bumper design, as it's taken from the GT500.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Then I'm wrong, I thought the auto gets the radar on the bumper, and the camera on the windshield is already there and takes care about collision and distances. And the user guide also states "if the vehicle is equipped", so it's kind of misleading, or I've misread. I thought the addition of rear parking sensors and cross-traffic warning, which is also implemented via the same parking sensors, was not possible to be installed due to the back bumper design, as it's taken from the GT500.
The regular GT has the ability to have adaptive cruise, manual or auto it doesn’t matter. For some reason they “couldn’t” or rather wouldn’t implement it on the Mach 1, maybe because of the design it would’ve taken a lot more effort or something, who knows. Plus, they probably understand most getting this car actually want to drive. While on longer trips it may be a nice feature, it’s not crucial.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
The regular GT has the ability to have adaptive cruise, manual or auto it doesn’t matter. For some reason they “couldn’t” or rather wouldn’t implement it on the Mach 1, maybe because of the design it would’ve taken a lot more effort or something, who knows. Plus, they probably understand most getting this car actually want to drive. While on longer trips it may be a nice feature, it’s not crucial.
The redesigned Mach 1 bumper would not allow the sonar sensors for the adaptive cruise.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
...Plus, they probably understand most getting this car actually want to drive. While on longer trips it may be a nice feature, it’s not crucial.
So true! When with my family I have to drive the SUV and the wife gets to cheer with the kids and browse her phone, so I actually put the car on the adaptive cruise control, set the speed and then I literally drive it as if it is a game, with the buttons on the steering wheel - increase / decrease speed, distance, etc. Touching the brake only when something is out of place and the car doesn't detect it.
The M1 - completely opposite - I love it, I enjoy the drive no matter where, even in traffic :) I really enjoy the pony so much, it makes me smile just thinking about it.

Both cars though have their pro's and con's - different purpose, different drive, different experience, but the pony for me is the one which gives me pleasure!
Sponsored