Thinking of buying a Mach 1 to daily - Thoughts

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I am not sure if it ever will be a factor in your choice, but I believe that Mach 1 is noisier than a regular GT. But this is only based on a short test ride in GT (with 10R80) and then the experience with my Mach 1. If anyone here who drove both car more substantially could comment on that, I would be interested as well.
Sponsored

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
just my .02, for me it would depend on the typical weather in your area. I would daily one in the chicago area between about mid-april and thanksgiving, but i'd want something for the crap winter weather and to take all the salt abuse. where I live now I'd daily one in a second.

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
skip HP if you will be daily driving it. 305 Cup 2s is totally overkill for a daily and those tires will wear out super fast. Not to mention the tramlining etc.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Lots of good advice in this post!

I especially think you may be able to get a better deal right now. It;’s the end of Q3. Find the car you want on a lot and make the dealer an offer you’d be thrilled with. Don’t negotiate. Let them say yes to your offer. This works best if you find/offer 10-12 cars/dealers and address your offer to the Sales Mgr. Happy hunting.
This right here. 2023’s will be rolling off the line in a couple months so they need to start clearing out 2022’s. Put a handful of dealerships up against each other, you’ll get one to give you your price. Good luck!

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I am not sure if it ever will be a factor in your choice, but I believe that Mach 1 is noisier than a regular GT. But this is only based on a short test ride in GT (with 10R80) and then the experience with my Mach 1. If anyone here who drove both car more substantially could comment on that, I would be interested as well.
I don’t know if they’re that different in terms of volume (at least to me) but I think they have different exhaust tones. Mach 1 to me is a bit deeper than the GT. Not a ton but at least noticeable to me.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
HP is for track or garage queen. If you want the big spoiler or HP wheels, you can get them for cheaper and with street tyres. The lower front splitter is a nuissance for daily driving.

As said before, the price difference between fully loaded GT and Mach 1 without HP is minimal so might as well go for it. Mach 1 looks better and sounds better.

Last edited:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
100% I would go for the HP and get the PS4 tires. Looks so damn cool. lol

No offense to the Non-HP Mach 1's but I just fell in love with the HP look. Sure you can do it for cheaper but I just want to get it new from factory like that since I have been waiting for so long.

Last edited:

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I'm not mad at people who daily these kind of cars but sheesh I just can't do it

I did it in HS/college and so many days just got plain annoying.

Shifting gears in wingtips on days I had to dress up and days I need to load the car with photo gear. Having to drive a lowered car over any surface i need to get to or job needs me to do.

Nah no more for me.

OP
OP
cobruh

cobruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Abhay
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1 (current), 20 GT, 19 Ecoboost (SOLD)
Do what makes you happy. I daily a HP and it’s definitely doable
I have to ask, do you have a separate set of wheels paired with all season tires in anticipation of colder weather?

Sponsored
OP
OP
cobruh

cobruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Abhay
Vehicle(s)
Your questions are ones I think only you can answer, and deep down I think you probably can already feel a leaning one way or the other on this decision. I currently have a 2017 ecoboost, and I too love that car. It’s been a great first car for me and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed upgrading and modifying it, but my goal always was to move up to a GT. The way things have worked out, I should be getting my Mach 1 very soon (once it ships and arrives at the dealer hopefully within a few weeks) and I personally never questioned whether I should be daily driving it. HP and everything, I just know it’s going to be an amazing car and I’m going to love it. My weekly commute is around 200 miles, and I live in NJ so that means snow and salt in the winter. As much as I do hate that, cars are meant to be driven. If I had the ability to afford 2 cars, sure maybe I would do so, but even then I’m pretty sure I would find myself itching to use the Mach over some basic daily, even in the salt of the winter. Needless to say, I don’t have any questions about the ability of the Mach 1, with HP, to be a DD at least to fit my wants and needs, and in fact I can’t wait to be doing so.
I see you're also from NJ like myself. I do my commute taking the GSP. I have to ask however, do you plan on getting a set of wheels paired with all season tires in anticipation of colder weather? I don't see any All Season tires available that would be the same size as the factory HP tires. Due to this I think it only makes sense to get a new set of wheels with smaller sized tires.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
I see you're also from NJ like myself. I do my commute taking the GSP. I have to ask however, do you plan on getting a set of wheels paired with all season tires in anticipation of colder weather? I don't see any All Season tires available that would be the same size as the factory HP tires. Due to this I think it only makes sense to get a new set of wheels with smaller sized tires.
Yes, I went to NJIT for college and recently finished, so I spent about 2 1/2 years commuting there on the GSP (some of that time no commute because of Covid blah blah blah). Not sure what part of Jersey you’re from, I’m from the northern part so not sure if you’re familiar, but now my work commute is Rt 17 to 3, to Secaucus. But yeah, same as I’ve done with my ecoboost currently, I have a second set of wheels with Blizzak snow tires for the winter. Those were 18’s which won’t fit on the Mach, so planning ahead I already got a set of the base Mach 1 wheels and Blizzak snows for the winter. The car will come obviously with the HP wheels and the Sport Cup 2’s. Additionally, last year I bought a set of Project 6GR wheels and those are with Pilot Sport 4s’s which I will be keeping to use with the Mach, and those are better daily driving tires so those wheels will most likely get the majority of the use to begin with, at least until the Cup 2’s need to be replaced.

OP
OP
cobruh

cobruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Abhay
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I went to NJIT for college and recently finished, so I spent about 2 1/2 years commuting there on the GSP (some of that time no commute because of Covid blah blah blah). Not sure what part of Jersey you’re from, I’m from the northern part so not sure if you’re familiar, but now my work commute is Rt 17 to 3, to Secaucus. But yeah, same as I’ve done with my ecoboost currently, I have a second set of wheels with Blizzak snow tires for the winter. Those were 18’s which won’t fit on the Mach, so planning ahead I already got a set of the base Mach 1 wheels and Blizzak snows for the winter. The car will come obviously with the HP wheels and the Sport Cup 2’s. Additionally, last year I bought a set of Project 6GR wheels and those are with Pilot Sport 4s’s which I will be keeping to use with the Mach, and those are better daily driving tires so those wheels will most likely get the majority of the use to begin with, at least until the Cup 2’s need to be replaced.
That’s dope, I go to RU-N. I have 25540r19 and 27540r19 Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4’s on my GT. I was wondering if it would be possible to put them on the Mach 1 on a different wheel set up. Any downside to putting smaller tires on the car? Would really only be for the handful of cold months as you know, October-January.

qdog9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I have to ask, do you have a separate set of wheels paired with all season tires in anticipation of colder weather?
I have a second set of HP rims with PS4S for daily driving. Definitely helps with the tramlining. I have the Cup 2s put away for track days.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
That’s dope, I go to RU-N. I have 25540r19 and 27540r19 Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4’s on my GT. I was wondering if it would be possible to put them on the Mach 1 on a different wheel set up. Any downside to putting smaller tires on the car? Would really only be for the handful of cold months as you know, October-January.
Oh nice! Yeah that’s definitely possible, in fact I’m pretty sure that’s the same size that comes on the non-HP Mach 1 with the non-upgraded wheels. And for daily driving, I’m going to say there’s no downside to that. Performance on a track would obviously be better with more rubber on the ground, but for normal driving there’s nothing wrong with that size.
Sponsored