Sponsored

Things you'd like to see added to this gen or in the next gen Mustang

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Go back to being able to order a real base 300A car with PP and Magneride,active exhaust. Adding Magenride or Active Exhaust forces you to take 301A, adds $2K to price (for what is basically an entertainment system that you can buy for $300 aftermarket) and weight to an already fat-assed car.

Make driveline coolers available for PP2, and make PP2 available on a 300A base car, build enough PP2s so that ADM isn't going to rear its ugly head again.

What Ford is doing with their options defies logic, other than for their bottom line. For a track rat it makes that 1LE look better and better all the time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
How often do you use your power seats? How much weight does it add to the car? People who track their car, which I will add is a small percentage, don't want all that stuff. Just something to think about.
I hit that seat memory button all the time. Of course I go to places with valet parking quite often. I’m the weirdo in a Mustang GT instead of an 7 series BMW. :p

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
I hit that seat memory button all the time. Of course I go to places with valet parking quite often. I’m the weirdo in a Mustang GT instead of an 7 series BMW. :p
OMG, that would bug the crap out of me if my seat kept getting changed by someone else. But I guess it's better than them messing up the car because they couldn't see, ha. I never let people drive my car so that isn't on my "radar."

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Adding crap to the Mustang is the problem. How about eliminating all non-necessities that have turned a fun, affordable performance car into something unrecognizable?

No power seats or windows
No driver nannies
No rain-sensing wipers (height of laziness)
No heated or cooled seats

I can't believe someone mentioned a self-parking Mustang. You drive a Mustang and don't know how to park it??

Let all the luxury lovers go buy a Beemer.

If you want Ford to add anything, how about letting us add items a la carte instead of having to throw down thousands of dollars for a package?

To be honest I don’t care too much for interior goodies either.

I wouldn’t mind having the basic crap I had in my 1988 Honda Accord in a newer GT. The only thing I really prefer is Bluetooth and power windows. Sad but true, I even prefer the base interior of my GT over my uncle’s Tesla which felt like I was in a spaceship or what I imagine a spaceship would feel like to be in…very nice, but not my style.
Would be nice if they had a very basic trim GT that cost less than $30k. I actually think a lot of people would go for it.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
How often do you use your power seats? How much weight does it add to the car? People who track their car, which I will add is a small percentage, don't want all that stuff. Just something to think about.
Every time I get in the car I use them. It rolls back when I turn the car off, then resumes driving position automatically when I start it. It's nice on such a low car.

You're right, most people aren't going to track it, so why would Ford cater to the 1% that are and alienate everyone else? If tracking is your #1 priority, maybe you should look at a Shelby?

Sponsored

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure, but you’re also not irrationally angry about its addition and understand that others and potential buyers may want one, understand it doesn’t negatively affect you and also understand that these things likely must be optioned in to stay relevant against competitors. That’s my point - you’re not an irrational old man begging for the “glory days” of applying a manual choke to get your engine to turn over while needing 3 different physical keys for the car. :p
"Old man yells at cloud"

:D

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Lol, take away all that stuff and you will not sell any cars, then the Mustang will die.
I grew up driving a 53' F100...if I want something with zero frills I can still go drive it. For now, I don't want to have to lean across the car to roll the window down.
Adaptive cruise control is one of the best things ever.

Let all the people who want the most basic car ever made go buy one. You can still buy a '68 Mustang, otherwise:

I don't want a horse and buggy. If you know what a '68 Mustang drives like you would realize that not wanting extra crap on your car is completely different from wanting a '68 Mustang. My '70 wasn't even safe to drive on the highway in traffic before I started upgrading it.

I didn't even mention air bags previously. What a scam they are. They should be optional.

And on the old man comment - I work in technology and I love advancement. I just don't think that 4,000 lb Mustangs are true advancement.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't want a horse and buggy. If you know what a '68 Mustang drives like you would realize that not wanting extra crap on your car is completely different from wanting a '68 Mustang. My '70 wasn't even safe to drive on the highway in traffic before I started upgrading it.

I didn't even mention air bags previously. What a scam they are. They should be optional.

And on the old man comment - I work in technology and I love advancement. I just don't think that 4,000 lb Mustangs are true advancement.
The comment about the 68 was tongue in cheek. I have plenty of experience driving older cars.
I hope you never get your wish, because if you do it'll kill the Mustang. Could it be lighter? Sure, but a lot of the things you guys want to cut are becoming the standard now and will hurt sales severely. You guys should look into 350s and 350Rs.

As far as airbags...you have to be kidding right?

https://academic.oup.com/aje/article/153/3/219/80361

Air bag deployment reduced mortality 63% (crude odds ratio (OR) = 0.37, 95% confidence interval (CI): 0.32, 0.42), while lap-shoulder belt use reduced mortality 72% (OR = 0.28, 95% CI: 0.25, 0.31). In a conditional logistic model that adjusted for vehicle (rollover, weight, age) and driver (age, sex) factors, air bags (OR = 0.71, 95% CI: 0.58, 0.87) and any combination of seat belts (OR = 0.25, 95% CI: 0.22, 0.29) were both associated with reduced mortality. Combined air bag and seat belt use reduced mortality by more than 80% (OR = 0.18, 95% CI: 0.13, 0.25). Thus, this study confirms the independent effect of air bags and seat belts in reducing mortality.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
All this talk about removing power adjustable seats made me realize I missed something in my OP...

Electronically adjustable steering wheel. I mean, hey, the manual adjustment is fine, but I’d like for it to telescope in and lift up when I open the door. :D

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
Every time I get in the car I use them. It rolls back when I turn the car off, then resumes driving position automatically when I start it. It's nice on such a low car.

You're right, most people aren't going to track it, so why would Ford cater to the 1% that are and alienate everyone else? If tracking is your #1 priority, maybe you should look at a Shelby?
Right, totally agree with you on the track part. In fact, the only reason I mentioned that is because I didn't want that used as an argument like I didn't know it. ;)

Fact is, creature comforts are on everyone's list. Having a stripped down Mustang isn't a big win for most people who are buying these cars and is why we have these loaded up quasi luxury Mustangs. I mentioned this in a previous post but the last time Ford tried, that I know of, to do a stripped down Mustang was I believe in 1995. It was the Mustang GTS and it didn't have power windows, power seats, or spoiler. I don't think they made a lot of those so I'm sure they didn't sell too well. So I don't imagine we will see too many stripped down efforts buy any manufacturers moving forward. Of course people are fickle, as is the economy, so you never know what the future will hold.

I'm not a GT350R fan because I'm not one of those track guys so the car would be wasted on me. However, if i were rich that would be a different story and I would have one and I would track the car. I've never taken my Cobra to a track, of any kind, and never will I suspect. I appreciate the creature comforts but just not all. But it's great Ford recognizes its market. The people who do track their cars a good bit are usually the more die hard fan with more disposable income to burn on parts wearing out much faster. So it makes sense to offer the GT350R as opposed to the GT R model for the lower Mustangs. Ford has a good formula and knows what they are doing and who they are selling to.

I would get a GT500. In fact, I know Ford offered the last iteration of the GT500 at different trim levels to appeal to a broader market. I'm not sure how well those did but it was nice to see them offering different packages for those.

Sponsored

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
Without getting into a "just buy a manual" argument, I would love to have the ability to shift an auto transmission with the stick rather than paddles only. My current car allows for paddle shift and stick shift, and hitting the stick is much more natural feeling.

A good dual clutch would also be great, though it won't happen given 1) the amount of $$ they've dumped into the new A10, and 2) how much of a failure the DCT in the Focus was.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right, totally agree with you on the track part. In fact, the only reason I mentioned that is because I didn't want that used as an argument like I didn't know it. ;)

Fact is, creature comforts are on everyone's list. Having a stripped down Mustang isn't a big win for most people who are buying these cars and is why we have these loaded up quasi luxury Mustangs. I mentioned this in a previous post but the last time Ford tried, that I know of, to do a stripped down Mustang was I believe in 1995. It was the Mustang GTS and it didn't have power windows, power seats, or spoiler. I don't think they made a lot of those so I'm sure they didn't sell too well. So I don't imagine we will see too many stripped down efforts buy any manufacturers moving forward. Of course people are fickle, as is the economy, so you never know what the future will hold.

I'm not a GT350R fan because I'm not one of those track guys so the car would be wasted on me. However, if i were rich that would be a different story and I would have one and I would track the car. I've never taken my Cobra to a track, of any kind, and never will I suspect. I appreciate the creature comforts but just not all. But it's great Ford recognizes its market. The people who do track their cars a good bit are usually the more die hard fan with more disposable income to burn on parts wearing out much faster. So it makes sense to offer the GT350R as opposed to the GT R model for the lower Mustangs. Ford has a good formula and knows what they are doing and who they are selling to.

I would get a GT500. In fact, I know Ford offered the last iteration of the GT500 at different trim levels to appeal to a broader market. I'm not sure how well those did but it was nice to see them offering different packages for those.
I'd love a GT500. Like you though it would probably be wasted on me.

Although I do have my first autocross event next weekend in my bloated semi luxury GT, so I'm looking forward to that! :D

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Hard top convertible
Drop weight by 300lbs
Better build quality (i.e. less rattles+better weather seals+fitting)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have to agree with this one. I would gladly accept 6 or 8 way manual seats.
I like power seats IF they have memory as available on the Mustang. Way too much trouble to adjust everything every there is a driver switch, which for us its probably close to every other time the car gets used.

If I was the only driver, I would not want power seats as long as they had decent manual adjustments. I have no idea what adjustments are possible with Mustang manual seats.

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
I'd love a GT500. Like you though it would probably be wasted on me.

Although I do have my first autocross event next weekend in my bloated semi luxury GT, so I'm looking forward to that! :D
I've been to autocross events and road as a passenger in a few fast cars. I loved it but the cost is what prevents me from doing it. But it is certainly a lot of fun.
Sponsored