Sponsored

Things you'd like to see added to this gen or in the next gen Mustang

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
I don't understand this. My wife's Pathfinder has this and I hate it. My mirrors are aimed at my blindspots and when in reverse they point straight down. I have no need to look at the ground when I'm backing up. It is irritating as well. I've asked Nissan how to turn that feature off but they either don't know or don't care to investigate how.

Back on topic I'd want weight reduction, a proper DCT gearbox, shift paddles mounted on the column not the wheel, power reclining seat backs and HUD.
This....
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
A keypad option like other Fords.
Most of all a PP2 car with a 10A.
Bigger better looking rear brakes!
Lee
100%!
Just to add, I would also love to see factory color options on the brake calipers. :love:

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Not sure if this has been said yet (doubt it) and it probably sounds crazy, but I would love to see some autonomous driving capabilities. Hear me out:

I love the experience of spirited driving and the connection I feel to my car when I'm rowing through the gears. I wouldn't give up my 3 pedals for anything, but for me there is nothing more boring and mind-numbing than driving 55-80mph on a highway in 6th gear for any period of time longer than 5 minutes. Especially here in FL where it's nothing but flat and straight, highway driving just feels like mindless "busy work;" you're not really doing anything but you HAVE to keep your eyes on the road.

I would love it if my car could do most of the "work" on the highway so I wouldn't have to dedicate 100% of my attention to such a mindless task. Based on where autonomous tech is right now I don't think I would exactly be spending that time shooting off emails or watching YouTube, but it would be hella nice to be able to just sit back and relax.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That is about the size of it, ha. Have to remember, the more equipment added the more the price. Mustangs are already getting pretty expensive. Give me something to sit in that is comfortable and nice to look at and i'm good to go.
I want speed and at as low a cost as possible. I wish the people who want perfect interiors and body panels would just buy BMWs. Instead they ask Ford to make a BMW and then complain when the price goes up.

Adding crap to the Mustang is the problem. How about eliminating all non-necessities that have turned a fun, affordable performance car into something unrecognizable?

No power seats or windows
No driver nannies
No rain-sensing wipers (height of laziness)
No heated or cooled seats

I can't believe someone mentioned a self-parking Mustang. You drive a Mustang and don't know how to park it??

Let all the luxury lovers go buy a Beemer.

If you want Ford to add anything, how about letting us add items a la carte instead of having to throw down thousands of dollars for a package?
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Unfortunately at least 95% of buyers want all those items. But I have to say I'm like you I could do without them. I really like the a la cart ideal and I think it would draw new buyers.
:thumbsup:

Sponsored

phillybob232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum 2017 GT/CS
I don't understand this. My wife's Pathfinder has this and I hate it. My mirrors are aimed at my blindspots and when in reverse they point straight down. I have no need to look at the ground when I'm backing up. It is irritating as well. I've asked Nissan how to turn that feature off but they either don't know or don't care to investigate how.
You don't understand it? Or maybe you just don't like it. It's a super helpful feature for parking against curbs especially while parallel parking. I miss this feature from my 3 series a lot especially in this bigger car. It makes parallel parking a complete breeze as you can literally look at the rear wheel next to the curb, super helpful.

I agree however that you should be able to toggle it off/on depending on the situation or your preferences.

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
Yes, of course, that’s why I mentioned as options for people who don’t mind paying $55k, not standard equipment. The Mustang could offer all of these things as options and still price the same as it currently does at its base (minus the weight reduction and bigger v8 people keep wanting :D )
That is a great point......but still doesn't work for me. If there are options, I will pick them and spend all my money! lol ;)

Adding crap to the Mustang is the problem. How about eliminating all non-necessities that have turned a fun, affordable performance car into something unrecognizable?

No driver nannies

I can't believe someone mentioned a self-parking Mustang. You drive a Mustang and don't know how to park it??

If you want Ford to add anything, how about letting us add items a la carte instead of having to throw down thousands of dollars for a package?
I would love this. I never really needed power seats in the past. You move the seat once to set up your driving position and then you leave it.....forever. At least that is how it works for me. It might be a prestige thing I suppose. I know ford tried this spartan approach with the SN95 Mustangs though. No power seats, no power windows... (The Mustang GTS). You could basically get a base, base Mustang with a V8 stuffed in it with no creature comforts. I'm not sure how well they sold but they may have not been too popular an so Ford could be steering away from those in the future.

I guess we want it all nowadays. And I must admit, I do enjoy the power windows a bit. I would be fine with wind up but can certainly see how that is a prestige thing since it's so noticeable and used often.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if this has been said yet (doubt it) and it probably sounds crazy, but I would love to see some autonomous driving capabilities. Hear me out:

I love the experience of spirited driving and the connection I feel to my car when I'm rowing through the gears. I wouldn't give up my 3 pedals for anything, but for me there is nothing more boring and mind-numbing than driving 55-80mph on a highway in 6th gear for any period of time longer than 5 minutes. Especially here in FL where it's nothing but flat and straight, highway driving just feels like mindless "busy work;" you're not really doing anything but you HAVE to keep your eyes on the road.

I would love it if my car could do most of the "work" on the highway so I wouldn't have to dedicate 100% of my attention to such a mindless task. Based on where autonomous tech is right now I don't think I would exactly be spending that time shooting off emails or watching YouTube, but it would be hella nice to be able to just sit back and relax.
This.
SO. MUCH. THIS.
Make it an option - not standard. Let people get their mid-$30k to low $40k GT with no comforts or driving aides; I would never take that away from “purists”. Let others, who have it as a DD, option it out with all the tech available... as long as said tech can be disabled when you want to “enjoy” the car as one of those purists do, but let it be available when you’re doing a 1-3 hour trip on the highway.

Heck, I want to push a button on my smartphone and have my Mustang turn on, pull out of its parking spot, come to my location then let me fully take over for the actual drive... as an option on the order sheet. ;)

Reactions: QRK

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR

No driver nannies

Lol, take away all that stuff and you will not sell any cars, then the Mustang will die.
I grew up driving a 53' F100...if I want something with zero frills I can still go drive it. For now, I don't want to have to lean across the car to roll the window down.
Adaptive cruise control is one of the best things ever.

Let all the people who want the most basic car ever made go buy one. You can still buy a '68 Mustang, otherwise:

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, take away all that stuff and you will not sell any cars, then the Mustang will die.
I grew up driving a 53' F100...if I want something with zero frills I can still go drive it. For now, I don't want to have to lean across the car to roll the window down.
Adaptive cruise control is one of the best things ever.

Let all the people who want the most basic car ever made go buy one. You can still buy a '68 Mustang, otherwise:
Someone on another forum I post on complained that there’s now a heated steering wheel available and that people with such delicate hands shouldn’t drive... let that sink in.

Sponsored

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Someone on another forum I post on complained that there’s now a heated steering wheel available and that people with such delicate hands shouldn’t drive... let that sink in.
Haters gonna hate I guess. I don't give two shits about a heated steering wheel...but I've also lived through a couple brutal east coast winters without a garage...I could see how some people may like it.

At any rate, my car has one. I won't ever use it I expect being in SoCal. It doesn't bother me, and I really don't care that it's there.

Wishing away power seats, windows, ACC, and other helpful tech is just...goofy.

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
I know ford tried this spartan approach with the SN95 Mustangs though. No power seats, no power windows... (The Mustang GTS). You could basically get a base, base Mustang with a V8 stuffed in it with no creature comforts. I'm not sure how well they sold but they may have not been too popular an so Ford could be steering away from those in the future.
With low volumes comes higher prices. Would you honestly be willing to pay, say, $65K for "GTS" fastback?

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
Haters gonna hate I guess. I don't give two shits about a heated steering wheel...but I've also lived through a couple brutal east coast winters without a garage...I could see how some people may like it.

At any rate, my car has one. I won't ever use it I expect being in SoCal. It doesn't bother me, and I really don't care that it's there.

How often do you use your power seats? How much weight does it add to the car? People who track their car, which I will add is a small percentage, don't want all that stuff. Just something to think about.

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
How often do you use your power seats? How much weight does it add to the car? People who track their car, which I will add is a small percentage, don't want all that stuff. Just something to think about.
I have to agree with this one. I would gladly accept 6 or 8 way manual seats.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sure, but you’re also not irrationally angry about its addition and understand that others and potential buyers may want one, understand it doesn’t negatively affect you and also understand that these things likely must be optioned in to stay relevant against competitors. That’s my point - you’re not an irrational old man begging for the “glory days” of applying a manual choke to get your engine to turn over while needing 3 different physical keys for the car. :p
Sponsored