Things you never knew your car did!

m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT PP2
Does Android only work with that usb? I know that Apple CarPlay works with both usb locations, but how well it works is sensitive to having everything updated to latest versions.
Android Auto actually works with both USB ports. I was using the one in the dash because I assumed :facepalm: that it was like my truck where only the one in the dash works with AA. Until I was corrected in that other thread :)
Sponsored

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Just out of curiosity... what's the cable that goes to the trunk lid for?

There are no lights, or buttons in the trunk lid.
A sensor?
They are the wires for opening the trunk and the back up camera

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Ah! the camera... I keep forgetting that thing is there.
So if you ever have a problem with your trunk not opening from the button underneath the trunk or inside the car or even your key fob and your backup camera starts glitching or not showing any views.. what usually happens is that Christmas tree zip tie grommet is too tight against the wiring harness and starts breaking the wires.. on my 2015 I fixed it myself.dealership was trying to say I needed a new trunk actuator and camera.. when all's it was with simple wire repairs.

Sponsored

teetoppz28

Walking on the dark side
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 400a PP1

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Does Android only work with that usb? I know that Apple CarPlay works with both usb locations, but how well it works is sensitive to having everything updated to latest versions.
Can you play Apple Music from the arm rest usb? I plug mine in there and the car doesn’t recognize it. It just charges it. But if I plug into the one by the shifter it connects and I can stream.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Can you play Apple Music from the arm rest usb? I plug mine in there and the car doesn’t recognize it. It just charges it. But if I plug into the one by the shifter it connects and I can stream.
I've had both USB's recognize my iPhone, and also had problems with both. Sometimes just wiggling the connector around does the trick, sometimes it just doesn't work until later. If you've got CarPlay installed, make sure it's the latest version. I keep a two-port charger in the console so my kids can charge their devices without hooking up to CarPlay...

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I tried my darnedest to lock my keys in my trunk. I keep my fob in a backpack, stuck my phone in the backpack too, tossed the backpack in the trunk... got some noise from the car when I closed the trunk, and the trunk didn't latch. I don't know if the car knew better, or if providence was looking out for me, but the trunk was not latched and I was able to undo my stupidity and retrieve the only fob I have (and phone with the app able to unlock the doors) this morning. I'd like to think the car did this for me, but it's risky to test this theory. Maybe I put a human in the car to help...

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
@David Schmidt - If you read the manual you would know that car did that by design. I don't get why people do not read those manuals. There is so much useful information inside.
When I took delivery of my Fiesta back in 2013 the sales person specifically instruct me to be very careful with not locking the key in the car. So probably for the Mustang they improved on this one but I highly doubt it.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
They call it Mislock.
The car won't let you lock the fob inside without using another fob.
Saved my bacon. Here's what I found under "Smart Unlocks":
When you electronically lock your vehicle (with any door open, vehicle in park and ignition off), your vehicle searches for an intelligent access key in the passenger compartment after you close the last door. If your vehicle finds a key, all of the doors immediately unlock and the horn sounds twice, indicating that a key is inside.
Since I only have the one fob, I guess I'll be immune from locking it inside the car.
@David Schmidt - If you read the manual you would know that car did that by design. I don't get why people do not read those manuals. There is so much useful information inside.
So I don't exactly get my scenario out of that manual quote, but it's close. I wasn't locking the door - I was just closing the last door with the passenger doors still unlocked. I guess closing the trunk space itself is really locking up a volume of space (which contained my fob), so I'll say technically it's correct.
Sponsored