Things you never knew your car did!

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Saved my bacon. Here's what I found under "Smart Unlocks":

Since I only have the one fob, I guess I'll be immune from locking it inside the car.

So I don't exactly get my scenario out of that manual quote, but it's close. I wasn't locking the door - I was just closing the last door with the passenger doors still unlocked. I guess closing the trunk space itself is really locking up a volume of space (which contained my fob), so I'll say technically it's correct.
My manual says:
Smart Unlocks
This feature helps to prevent you from
unintentionally locking your intelligent
access key inside your vehicle’s passenger
compartment or luggage compartment.
When you electronically lock your vehicle
(with any door open, vehicle in park and
ignition off), your vehicle searches for an
intelligent access key in the passenger
compartment after you close the last door.
If your vehicle finds a key, all of the doors
immediately unlock and the horn sounds
twice, indicating that a key is inside.

Also, you do have two fobs. There is a minimum of 2 when programming, and both must be present to program a 3rd or 4th.

Programming a Spare Intelligent
Access Key
Note: You can program a maximum of four
intelligent access keys to your vehicle.
You must have two previously
programmed intelligent access keys inside
your vehicle
and the new unprogrammed
intelligent access keys readily accessible.
See an authorized dealer to have the spare
key programmed if two previously
programmed keys are not available.
Sponsored

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Is it in the little specialized "owner's manual cabinet" inside the glove compartment? :crazy:
Naw, I knew about that from the "5 things you didn't know about your Mustang" video where I also learned about the skinny little sunglasses holder. And three other things that are in the manual. :like:

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
If I have a gripe about the Smart Unlocks, it's that I have to open a door before I throw my pack in the trunk. If the key is in the pack, I can't close the trunk and then open the door. Small gripe, and it has saved me from locking the keys in the car a dozen times. Not having to remove a physical key makes it easy to forget about them...

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Okay I've got another one. Drive Modes- Yeah I bought the friggin' car not knowing it had them or even what they were LOL I just wanted the car and yelled to the salesman to "take my money Damnit!" On the plus side it was like a bonus once I realized the 301A included them woohoo!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Well, I don't. Somebody else somewhere in the world has my other fob. (And my manual. I'm reduced to reading a .pdf. :sunglasses:)

I will take a searchable PDF over paper almost any day of the week and I am not a millenial :D

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I've had both USB's recognize my iPhone, and also had problems with both. Sometimes just wiggling the connector around does the trick, sometimes it just doesn't work until later. If you've got CarPlay installed, make sure it's the latest version. I keep a two-port charger in the console so my kids can charge their devices without hooking up to CarPlay...
When I went to buy my Mustang my CarPlay wouldn’t work. The dealership rightly identified some 3rd party lightning cables cause this issue. I then connected to a ($24) Apple OEM cable and all worked fine.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
When I went to buy my Mustang my CarPlay wouldn’t work. The dealership rightly identified some 3rd party lightning cables cause this issue. I then connected to a ($24) Apple OEM cable and all worked fine.
There is that, too... but I blame Apple for that BS. I've been using an "Apple compatible" cable cable with no issues, and it was only $12. For a damn cable...

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
There is that, too... but I blame Apple for that BS. I've been using an "Apple compatible" cable cable with no issues, and it was only $12. For a damn cable...
I use 1.5$ cable with my CarPlay it works :D

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
An unoccupied passenger seat set on 'high cool' will help preserve the temperature of your six-pack if your drive home is relatively short.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Yep I use a cheap ass cable with my iphone. 12 inch cable.....works awesome. Just wish I could use the car nav instead of the phone when driving.