Sponsored

Things Ford Shouldn't Have Cheaped Out On.

duncanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A3, LR4, 01 Wrangler
Sounds like you need to become a transplant. Many of yer brethren have come to our open arms!
Yeah, it sure is tempting. I had found a few in Texas that were the right price and even with airfare and transport back, I'd still save 2k, but I worry about the hassle of registering it in California. It's ok though, I figure that since Ford is making them for 2020, I can be patient and have 13 months to find the right deal.
Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Yeah, it sure is tempting. I had found a few in Texas that were the right price and even with airfare and transport back, I'd still save 2k, but I worry about the hassle of registering it in California. It's ok though, I figure that since Ford is making them for 2020, I can be patient and have 13 months to find the right deal.
Noted. Cali does make a lot of things more complicated. Especially with carb, but the 60s Nd 70s were not kind to CA air quality. Pictures do not do justice to 80s LA smog. Texas is on the edge atm. Think we got almost have another area of CAA concern and houston... is Houston.

OP
OP

CF-105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
I agree about the road noise. One reason I added Dynamat to the trunk area.
The stock reverse pull up collar on the shifter feels cheap. Upgrading something people put hands on every time they drive the car would have been smart. I put a Barton on mine.
Shifter mounting/feel. It wouldn't have cost a fortune to make that better. I changed that up as well.
The hood release lever is a joke. Replaced that.
The paint. Sorry, but my Honda is painted better.

I still love the heck out of this car, but there's always room to improve.
How did the Dynamat work? The tire roar from the back does get a bit annoying on long highway drives.

I'll have a look for the Barton.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Five minutes and I have the car lifted off the ground on Jack Stands. Well worth it IMO
oh man..it took me 6...had to get a beer!! lmao!!!

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
How did the Dynamat work? The tire roar from the back does get a bit annoying on long highway drives.
It seemed to help a little, but I wouldn't call it night and day. I lined the spare tire well, the floorboard directly above the mufflers, and the rear valance panel. Ford put some sound deadening back there but not enough IMO.

OP
OP

CF-105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
It seemed to help a little, but I wouldn't call it night and day. I lined the spare tire well, the floorboard directly above the mufflers, and the rear valance panel. Ford put some sound deadening back there but not enough IMO.
Thanks!
My thought was actually doing the areas under the back seat. That feels to me like it is the worst of it. But harder to get at too.

I wondered how Steedas rear seat delete would work out.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Thanks!
My thought was actually doing the areas under the back seat. That feels to me like it is the worst of it. But harder to get at too.

I wondered how Steedas rear seat delete would work out.
remove the back seat in 10 minutes then do the floor!! No need to remove the back seat I don’t think?? Google a video!! Easy!!!

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
the shitty factory rims

Sponsored
OP
OP

CF-105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
remove the back seat in 10 minutes then do the floor!! No need to remove the back seat I don’t think?? Google a video!! Easy!!!
Good idea.
Might take a look at it.

Jmk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350
I changed out both the e-brake and shifter boots! Alcantara with Green stitching!!! Amazing!! Waiting now for my cup holder console cover! Will install 4 more horns...aka Train Horn, Ofer the winter!!! And yes a Tremec would have been nice!!!
Where did you get the alcantara boots from?

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
He asked where I got them... this is the link to the seller. He can contact them like I did and ask for green stitching and Alcantara.
Sponsored

Last edited: