Sponsored

I like my car MORE as time goes on. Anybody else?

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Sure, there are some quirks. Like the thud noise when shifting gears (and the crunchiness of the shifter when the car is cold), the groan of the brakes when reversing sometimes, the lack of low end punch of the 5.0 compared to the LT1, the heaviness of the car, and in some angles I think it looks weird.

But I absolutely love the car. I know most people get bored of cars as time goes on. I find the car is breaking in nicely. After 1.5 years, I only have about 11,000 KM on it (around 7000 miles?). My commute isn't long, and this is my secondary vehicle.

It still makes me grin. It still draws a crowd. I still catch people snapping photos of it or posing beside it or coming up to me and commenting on it. I still love those second gear onramp pulls.
Hell, last night when it was a beautiful overcast night, I loved looking at the hood-mounted turn signal blinking in the hood as I waited to turn left down a dark country backroad.

I find that the engine and transmission seem to be breaking in and now that it's got some miles on it the car feels easier to drive.

I know people love the latest and greatest out there, but anybody else actually like their car more as time goes on?
Sponsored

mmpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT w/performance pk
Absolutely, I get compliments and thumbs up, and it is just a ball to drive... anywhere except stop and go...Stick-shift... lol

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Sure, there are some quirks. Like the thud noise when shifting gears (and the crunchiness of the shifter when the car is cold), the groan of the brakes when reversing sometimes, the lack of low end punch of the 5.0 compared to the LT1, the heaviness of the car, and in some angles I think it looks weird.

But I absolutely love the car. I know most people get bored of cars as time goes on. I find the car is breaking in nicely. After 1.5 years, I only have about 11,000 KM on it (around 7000 miles?). My commute isn't long, and this is my secondary vehicle.

It still makes me grin. It still draws a crowd. I still catch people snapping photos of it or posing beside it or coming up to me and commenting on it. I still love those second gear onramp pulls.
Hell, last night when it was a beautiful overcast night, I loved looking at the hood-mounted turn signal blinking in the hood as I waited to turn left down a dark country backroad.

I find that the engine and transmission seem to be breaking in and now that it's got some miles on it the car feels easier to drive.

I know people love the latest and greatest out there, but anybody else actually like their car more as time goes on?
BG Synchromax. In yo transmission.

Just do it.

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
Yup, love it more and more each day. Keep getting compliments on it and I still love the power, which was a big step up from my stock 2007 GT. I'm starting to feel like it is a little slow now that I am used to it and I am beginning to think about some power improvements, but that's what makes these cars so fun: you are never done with them!

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Ditto here, big fan of the car so far. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but lots of character.

Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Coming from a FWD turbo hatchback, yeah I love this car more and more every day. I love looking back at it when I park and walk away. Just makes like it even more! Never get sick of the V8 sound too. I gotta do some suspension upgrades but overall I can't complain even as is.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
I've had my GT for 8 months now and I'm still genuinely excited to drive it when I wake up. Sure, I've gotten used to the looks of the car and that new car honeymoon period is long past, but it's the Coyote engine that keeps me interested in it.

I had a 16' Miata and I lost interested in it after 2 months. It's fun but it's just so weak. I'm so glad I got the GT, I would have regretted getting anything other than this engine.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I still get a lot of compliments on it even into the third production year. I figure lowering it had something to do with that. I still think it carry's the new stance better than any other car I've had. The C5 Vette always looked kind of broken when I lowered it.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If you park your car, walk away and don't look back, you bought the wrong car.

I'm at about 7500 miles, and every day, just driving back and forth to work, is pure pleasure.

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
If you park your car, walk away and don't look back, you bought the wrong car.

I'm at about 7500 miles, and every day, just driving back and forth to work, is pure pleasure.
Hahaha, you are so right. My neighbors think I am obsessed with my car since I am the only guy in the area that hand washes my car and I am constantly doing things to it but it brings me a lot of joy.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Hahaha, you are so right. My neighbors think I am obsessed with my car since I am the only guy in the area that hand washes my car and I am constantly doing things to it but it brings me a lot of joy.
I remind myself quite often that for 95% of people, their car is nothing but a transportation appliance. They don't care about what they drive, they don't care about what others drive, and they can't understand a vehicle (or vehicles) as a hobby.

Most just don't grasp being obsessed with a car as your favorite toy. But when I come across that sort of person, I ask what hobby they have that makes them happy, excited, what they thoroughly enjoy. When they tell me, I reply that's how my Mustang makes me feel.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I remind myself quite often that to 90% of people, their car is nothing but a transportation appliance. They don't care about what they drive, they don't care about what others drive, and they can't understand a vehicle (or vehicles) as a hobby.

Most just don't grasp being obsessed with a car as your favorite toy. But when I come across that sort of person, I ask what makes them happy, excited, what they thoroughly enjoy. When they tell me, I reply that's how my Mustang makes me feel.

So true. Most people have no idea what anyone else even drives and could care less. I am so glad I am not that way. But the flip side is you stress out when pulling in a crowded and cramped parking lot !!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
So true. Most people have no idea what anyone else even drives and could care less. I am so glad I am not that way. But the flip side is you stress out when pulling in a crowded and cramped parking lot !!
I've decided not to risk going shopping for food, clothes, and sundry other things on numerous occasions, when I couldn't find a safe spot to park my car.

"F**k the groceries, I'll starve, the car is more important.":lol::lol:

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Same here. I would stressed out while I was in there so I dont bother.
Sponsored