ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
pffffffft....to all you yahoo’s waiting, I’m still waiting for a CARB legal kit just to put in my order :cwl:
I thought I had read at one point in time that the Whipple Stage 1 kit (with their Whipple tune and closed airbox) was CARB legal but now their website says its "patent pending 50 state legal". Not sure if that means the same or not since I live in Fla and dont know the CARB details.

I had ordered the Stage 1 kit because it fits my build goals but with all the recent EPA intrusion into tuning and mods, picking the Stage 1 may turn out to be a good choice from an emissions standpoint.
Sponsored

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
I thought I had read at one point in time that the Whipple Stage 1 kit (with their Whipple tune and closed airbox) was CARB legal but now their website says its "patent pending 50 state legal". Not sure if that means the same or not since I live in Fla and dont know the CARB details.

I had ordered the Stage 1 kit because it fits my build goals but with all the recent EPA intrusion into tuning and mods, picking the Stage 1 may turn out to be a good choice from an emissions standpoint.
As far as I know even the stage 2 is supposed to be 50 state CARB

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
agreed...it’s gettin weird out there with CARB and EPA basically running hand-in-hand nowadays.

someone posted in another thread (I think) that whipple is about to release a CARB legal kit for the gt350...waiting patiently over here 😁

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I've got the stage II on my Mustang and it came with a CARB E.O sticker.
Same here. I am actually do for my emissions test this month and plan to go later this week. I have zero concerns of it passing. The first line of the stage 2 description from Whipple's website:

If you want the most advanced, most powerful, most upgradeable, 50-state emissions legal and highest quality system available, then here it is!

Sponsored

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the stage II on my Mustang and it came with a CARB E.O sticker.
Yep, says same patent pending 50 state legal about the Stage 2 on their website. Didn't remember seeing that on the Stage 2 last December when I was ready to order mine but then again I am getting older.
Did you get the Whipple tune or custome tune?

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Yep, says same patent pending 50 state legal about the Stage 2 on their website. Didn't remember seeing that on the Stage 2 last December when I was ready to order mine but then again I am getting older.
Did you get the Whipple tune or custome tune?

I went with the Whipple tune, since I wasn't intending to break any horsepower contests. I don't participate in organized competitions anymore, so max H.P was not my goal. I just wanted something extra to bring a smile to my face when going WOT. Plus I wanted something to surprise the dipstick that pulls along side and challenges, expecting me to be bone stock. Like last night when a S550 came along and was left in the dust. Lastly, since I live in CA, I don't want the hassles of getting dinged at SMOG time. Granted, that won't be for 7 more years, but still, I can rest easy that I'll pass.

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Outstanding!

Sponsored

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Seems we have another week to wait - but at least the extensions are getting smaller versus the 3-4 week adjustments at a time. SO I am still hopeful to have the blower by end of April (maybe first week of May with shipping). All of my other parts are in the car and waiting...

19BULLITTwhipple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramzi
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019
I ordered mine April 10th, I hate that I called and was greeted with a "yes you can expect 12-14 weeks before it ships"

I wonder if the ODIN can be tuned by Lund or does it have to be through vmp. Because I was told those make just as much power. But I don't know if they are carb legal for the gt 19's yet

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
I ordered mine April 10th, I hate that I called and was greeted with a "yes you can expect 12-14 weeks before it ships"

I wonder if the ODIN can be tuned by Lund or does it have to be through vmp. Because I was told those make just as much power. But I don't know if they are carb legal for the gt 19's yet
vmp is not carb legal at this time

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
someone posted in another thread (I think) that whipple is about to release a CARB legal kit for the gt350...waiting patiently over here 😁
you talkin about me again? :wink: anyway, i spoke with whipple today (dennis) and he said they are 12 wks out on orders right now. also said no ETA on CARB but they are hoping during summertime. lastly, he said if you get the kit right now, they'll just send out the CARB placard to you once it gets all certified. VMP Odin and CARB coming soon too for the GT350/R. i hope their 91 tunes are GOOD! 🤞

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
you talkin about me again? :wink: anyway, i spoke with whipple today (dennis) and he said they are 12 wks out on orders right now. also said no ETA on CARB but they are hoping during summertime. lastly, he said if you get the kit right now, they'll just send out the CARB placard to you once it gets all certified. VMP Odin and CARB coming soon too for the GT350/R. i hope their 91 tunes are GOOD! 🤞
1619097735654.jpeg
Sponsored