ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Below is an email response I got yesterday from Dustin Whipple. In my previous email to him I told him that as a business owner myself I could sympathize with him regarding labor/material delays and overwhelming customer orders, and wished him success going forward. Even jokingly (LOL) asked if he could push my order to the front.
I know this doesn't give us any better idea of lead time but the continued communication and explanation of what they are doing to solve the problem says a lot. Hopefully not too much longer guys.

Bryan,

Thank you for the email, sorry for the delay in response. Certainly couldnā€™t have anticipated this, this time last year, we thought we may have to make drastic measures to survive the lockdown, then one day, things went crazy. I still canā€™t explain it, but it happens. At the same time, we were updating products (making all kits Gen 5), going with new foundries and changing our process here so we can scale up. But then the orders happened before anything was done, then nobody wants to work these days, all our vendors have struggled and cost is through the roof on materials so its just been a whirlwind of issues.

The good news is, because we now have 3 vendors for castings, were very close to the finish line, but it has been one hell of a ride. If you could get me your order number from your dealer, I would love to see the kit through (make sure no extra delays) and get you some swag (need sizes), while a tiny consolation, hopefully it will help.

Again, I truly appreciate the support and patience.
Sponsored

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Below is an email response I got yesterday from Dustin Whipple. In my previous email to him I told him that as a business owner myself I could sympathize with him regarding labor/material delays and overwhelming customer orders, and wished him success going forward. Even jokingly (LOL) asked if he could push my order to the front.
I know this doesn't give us any better idea of lead time but the continued communication and explanation of what they are doing to solve the problem says a lot. Hopefully not too much longer guys.

Bryan,

Thank you for the email, sorry for the delay in response. Certainly couldnā€™t have anticipated this, this time last year, we thought we may have to make drastic measures to survive the lockdown, then one day, things went crazy. I still canā€™t explain it, but it happens. At the same time, we were updating products (making all kits Gen 5), going with new foundries and changing our process here so we can scale up. But then the orders happened before anything was done, then nobody wants to work these days, all our vendors have struggled and cost is through the roof on materials so its just been a whirlwind of issues.

The good news is, because we now have 3 vendors for castings, were very close to the finish line, but it has been one hell of a ride. If you could get me your order number from your dealer, I would love to see the kit through (make sure no extra delays) and get you some swag (need sizes), while a tiny consolation, hopefully it will help.

Again, I truly appreciate the support and patience.
I think this is good news!

OP
OP
Vert

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
I think this is good news!
I would say yes, but I got the same song and dance almost a month ago. I've heard 1-2 more weeks and we'll be through this going on 6-7 weeks.

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I would say yes, but I got the same song and dance almost a month ago. I've heard 1-2 more weeks and we'll be through this going on 6-7 weeks.
Understood - but the concrete difference is that he has the manufacturing now. So I am hanging on to that.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Released the 3.8 too soon........

Sponsored

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Update: I got an email with shipping info that my kit is supposed to arrive 4-13. šŸ™‚
Alright, woohoo!! Hope it does and keep us updated.

Sponsored

snw13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang GT prem
Update: I got an email with shipping info that my kit is supposed to arrive 4-13. šŸ™‚
nice hopefully mine is on it's way then as well since we ordered around the same time (nov 24 for me).

OP
OP
Vert

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
nice hopefully mine is on it's way then as well since we ordered around the same time (nov 24 for me).
Dang, I feel kinda bad since I ordered mine 6 days later. Hope you hear something soon.

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Anyone had any good updates the last week?
Sponsored