OP
OP
Vert

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Got an unexpected and detailed email from Dustin Whipple yesterday.

As we know they got 3x the Black Friday orders as they have in previous years which totally overwhelmed them, most of which were the F150/5.0 versions. Then add covid, material delays, holiday delays and most critically the foundry that makes the casings closed for a whole month and he said still isn't back to 100% yet.

Also because of the sheer volume of BF orders, it took their staff 2 weeks just to write them all up. And since an order is counted by the date it was written up, the order dates we are all going by could be off by as much as that two weeks. So those of you that ordered on BF and are thinking yours is a November order, thats not necessarily true. If your order was at the bottom of the pile and didn't get officially written up until say Dec 5th, then yours is considered a December order with a December 5 order date. And because of that same volume delay, those of us that ordered in early December will most likely now have a mid-late December order date assigned to ours.

He said all the November dated orders have been sent out with the exception of 2, but that can be misleading because again, it all depends on when THEY wrote up your order, not when you ordered it. They are currently working on the December dated orders.

He said as of yesterday, orders are shipping at the 18 week mark (again, relative to when the order was written) and holding steady with that time frame but over the next few weeks they hope to lower that lead time significantly with all of the measures they have taken with additional molds and production.

So basically the BF orders that were written up with a November date are sent out. The remaining BF orders that were written up with a December date should be shipping/arriving within the next couple of weeks. The other December dated orders will come next and so on.
Thanks for the info even though it's bull shirt.
Sponsored

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info even though it's bull shirt.
Bull shirt as in I made up getting an email from them or bull shirt in that you dont agree with what they told me?

OP
OP
Vert

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Bull shirt as in I made up getting an email from them or bull shirt in that you dont agree with what they told me?
Bull shirt that I might have to wait longer.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It is what it Is. I’d rather have it right then quicker. I never expected less then 12-14 weeks from the getgo.

Bull shirt that I might have to wait longer.

Sponsored

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks ShadowPP2 - that jibes with what I was directly told. My order was placed late December - but I don't know when it was written up. They told us 3-4 more weeks. That will us at about 18 weeks by the time we get it.

OP
OP
Vert

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Anyone got any good news on their whipple?

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
I ended up going to Ohio this weekend and picking up a stock gt for now until my whipple arrives... so not good news. But I did get an email back from Shondra whipple on Monday saying the whipple orders they have for lebanon which were from January would be shipping in the next few weeks.

OP
OP
Vert

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
I ended up going to Ohio this weekend and picking up a stock gt for now until my whipple arrives... so not good news. But I did get an email back from Shondra whipple on Monday saying the whipple orders they have for lebanon which were from January would be shipping in the next few weeks.
Congrats on getting the stang. I've sent an email out today so I'm waiting to hear back on my order.

Sponsored

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Congrats on getting the stang. I've sent an email out today so I'm waiting to hear back on my order.
Its my 2nd one and NA is a little boring lol its an auto with long gears because i prepared for the whipple but im having a hard time trying to break traction in track mode lol. regarding reaching out to them it took about 3 days to get an email reply.

King138

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Performance Pack GT
All the info about the amount of BF sales coming in at once makes me wonder how close they are to catching up. Hopefully within next few months the wait time for sales in the summer are closer to that 8-12 week mark.

I’ve always wanted a whipple even back in my Mach 1 and Cobra days. But I’m very impatient person and it’s making me think about going a different route

snw13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang GT prem
I'm at the 18 week mark currently. I did ask to get it powder coated in feb, hopefully that didnt push back the shipping date. Hopefully sometime in April it gets here in CO, before i have to work back in CA.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vert

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
I'm at the 18 week mark currently. I did ask to get it powder coated in feb, hopefully that didnt push back the shipping date. Hopefully sometime in April it gets here in CO, before i have to work back in CA.
Same here as I ordered on 11/28.

mattcbrown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
91 5.0 Hatch, 2000 Expedition, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
Got an unexpected and detailed email from Dustin Whipple yesterday.

As we know they got 3x the Black Friday orders as they have in previous years which totally overwhelmed them, most of which were the F150/5.0 versions. Then add covid, material delays, holiday delays and most critically the foundry that makes the casings closed for a whole month and he said still isn't back to 100% yet.

Also because of the sheer volume of BF orders, it took their staff 2 weeks just to write them all up. And since an order is counted by the date it was written up, the order dates we are all going by could be off by as much as that two weeks. So those of you that ordered on BF and are thinking yours is a November order, thats not necessarily true. If your order was at the bottom of the pile and didn't get officially written up until say Dec 5th, then yours is considered a December order with a December 5 order date. And because of that same volume delay, those of us that ordered in early December will most likely now have a mid-late December order date assigned to ours.

He said all the November dated orders have been sent out with the exception of 2, but that can be misleading because again, it all depends on when THEY wrote up your order, not when you ordered it. They are currently working on the December dated orders.

He said as of yesterday, orders are shipping at the 18 week mark (again, relative to when the order was written) and holding steady with that time frame but over the next few weeks they hope to lower that lead time significantly with all of the measures they have taken with additional molds and production.

So basically the BF orders that were written up with a November date are sent out. The remaining BF orders that were written up with a December date should be shipping/arriving within the next couple of weeks. The other December dated orders will come next and so on.
Sponsored