lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
This is amazing. I had no idea that only the poor enjoyed their booze and drugs. I also had no idea that all people living in poverty were drug users and alcoholics.
You make it sound SO damn appealing, I think you should give it a go. Why work when you can get all of these benefits for nothing. What a life you could lead.

Nobody is stopping you, sign up. I'm pretty sure you already mooch every free thing you can find.

Speaking of poor. I was poor and working two jobs while going to college at one point in my life. My ex-wife announced she was quitting her job because between welfare and child support she could afford NOT to work, they were taking 60%-70% of my take home pay and I was living on $700 bucks a month, driving a 30 year old VW. Then out of the blue my son got a cancerous brain tumor and spent the next 24 months dying. Between really shitty CHAMPUS insurance from the military( a separation benefit) and paying the COBRA on my ex's insurance most of his bills were covered and I made even less. Lucky for me I lived in the ghetto, two houses away from the Crips so rent was cheap and I found a third job.

I never took a food stamp or a dime in welfare and I spent every spare minute with my son. My ex profited from the experience, she used plane tickets donated to get him to a bone marrow transplant for a vacation and the court made me fund the trip. She claimed day care for him and the court made me pay that as well, even after they knew he was never in a day care. She told anyone who would listen I had abandoned them and got handouts from everywhere. I paid every expense including the grave site, coffin and headstone and was beyond broke when he died. My ex used donated money to remodel her kitchen and sold his IV morphine to her druggie brother after he died for a large chunk of cash. I paid every dollar I owed eventually and finished college and paid every dollar I owed the college.

So yes, when I see the poverty crowd loading down the check out with steaks and booze the first of every month, I have zero shits to give these people. I have paid taxes every year since my 16th, I've never been unemployed EVER in forty years and I paid for all the crap I own. So listening to dumb loser whine about the price of an ID card,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,are you shitting me.
Sponsored

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
You would have to count people falling in and out of poverty/prison/etc. Cost is not the only issue here... you also need to solve all issues with them obtaining an ID, they will need assistance to obtain the supporting documents to receive the ID (birth certificate, etc.).

Not impossible... but I'm not sure about 4 billion - too many unknowns. Would be a fun exercise to run that down with a budget team.

Put the ID place in the damned department of health, they can get their birth certificate and walk next door to the damned ID office.

Let me guess......................................they cannot walk six feet so we gotta carry them.

It is a basic function of society. Why on earth do you think an idiot, to lazy to obtain even the most basic component of a functioning civilization needs to be voting? I guess it shows what kind of people vote for Democrats.

And yes for those inquiring minds that want to know, I do donate to a couple of charities now that I have arrived. I've helped two dozen people get very good jobs and got another dozen in apprentice or training programs over the last 25 years. They are all races and both sexes. That is my own private crusade. Most of them are doing quite well. So when you are talking to a under employed person and offer them a shot at the big leagues and they say, "I'd rather not work, nights, weekends, foul weather or holidays for double or triple time" and watch them refuse a life changing job with great benefits and a pension they get no sympathy from me when they cannot find their license.

Last edited:

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Put the ID place in the damned department of health, they can get their birth certificate and walk next door to the damned ID office.

Let me guess......................................they cannot walk six feet so we gotta carry them.

It is a basic function of society. Why on earth do you think an idiot, to lazy to obtain even the most basic component of a functioning civilization needs to be voting? I guess it shows what kind of people vote for Democrats.
Odd thinking there... "democrats"? Now only democrats are poor, elderly, etc.? Okay.

Lot more complicated than just "putting the ID place at the department of health". You don't want to understand how complicated it is to put something like this together.

And yes for those inquiring minds that want to know, I do donate to a couple of charities now that I have arrived. I've helped two dozen people get very good jobs and got another dozen in apprentice or training programs over the last 25 years. They are all races and both sexes. That is my own private crusade. Most of them are doing quite well. So when you are talking to a under employed person and offer them a shot at the big leagues and they say, "I'd rather not work, nights, weekends, foul weather or holidays for double or triple time" and watch them refuse a life changing job with great benefits and a pension they get no sympathy from me when they cannot find their license.
25 years? Wow.... I would have pegged your age at 25 or below from reading your posts and seeing how you struggle with complex subjects. Your world view seems very myopic.

Glad to know that... now I don't have to read through your posts!

Helped dozens of people of every race and sex? No... don't believe that for a minute. Or at least not the kind of "help" most would define as help (picture the 2 guys, one in hole, one out of hole holding his hand into the hole with the ladder out of sight of the guy in the hole). lol

Don't have sympathy for people? Yes... believe you were being honest there. You clearly lack empathy... This might help:

Empathy: Why It Matters, and How to Get It

https://www.amazon.com/Empathy-Why-...hild=1&keywords=empathy&qid=1598206769&sr=8-4

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Odd thinking there... "democrats"? Now only democrats are poor, elderly, etc.? Okay.

Lot more complicated than just "putting the ID place at the department of health". You don't want to understand how complicated it is to put something like this together.

25 years? Wow.... I would have pegged your age at 25 or below from reading your posts and seeing how you struggle with complex subjects. Your world view seems very myopic.

Glad to know that... now I don't have to read through your posts!

Helped dozens of people of every race and sex? No... don't believe that for a minute. Or at least not the kind of "help" most would define as help (picture the 2 guys, one in hole, one out of hole holding his hand into the hole with the ladder out of sight of the guy in the hole). lol

Don't have sympathy for people? Yes... believe you were being honest there. You clearly lack empathy... This might help:

Empathy: Why It Matters, and How to Get It

https://www.amazon.com/Empathy-Why-...hild=1&keywords=empathy&qid=1598206769&sr=8-4

Honestly, no one cares what you believe. There is no reason to care what you believe based on the general stupidity of your responses. Losers make excuses plain and simple. If someone wanted to vote, they would make some effort. Same with the job, if they wanted a job there are millions available daily. What I lack is the desire to spoon feed perfectly able people for the rest of their lives.

Speaking of "empathy", when you were 5 years old, we went to New Orleans to help after Hurricane Katrina. We ran into a group of democrats who stopped us because they were hungry and we gave them a case of MRE's. Meals Ready to Eat according the military, A staple since about 1981 for people in the military. Several of the Democrats either threw them back at us or tossed them on the ground, they wanted "better food" or "Hot meals". We are eating them for the duration and these heathens expected us to find them a Denny's or something. Empathy was giving them our food, water and snacks. In the fashion of all Democrats, free wasn't good enough.

My favorite stories are always from people like you, talking about how they ALMOST did something meaningful. Maybe you almost joined the military, but you were just to tough or too smart for the DOD. Or you almost took that job....................but McDonald's offered more time off. Or you almost got legal ID but you didn't know the DMV was closed Sunday's. Yeah, you are almost there but no quite so you need Joe Biden to spoon feed it to you, congrats.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Honestly, no one cares what you believe. There is no reason to care what you believe based on the general stupidity of your responses. Losers make excuses plain and simple. If someone wanted to vote, they would make some effort. Same with the job, if they wanted a job there are millions available daily. What I lack is the desire to spoon feed perfectly able people for the rest of their lives.

Speaking of "empathy", when you were 5 years old, we went to New Orleans to help after Hurricane Katrina. We ran into a group of democrats who stopped us because they were hungry and we gave them a case of MRE's. Meals Ready to Eat according the military, A staple since about 1981 for people in the military. Several of the Democrats either threw them back at us or tossed them on the ground, they wanted "better food" or "Hot meals". We are eating them for the duration and these heathens expected us to find them a Denny's or something. Empathy was giving them our food, water and snacks. In the fashion of all Democrats, free wasn't good enough.

My favorite stories are always from people like you, talking about how they ALMOST did something meaningful. Maybe you almost joined the military, but you were just to tough or too smart for the DOD. Or you almost took that job....................but McDonald's offered more time off. Or you almost got legal ID but you didn't know the DMV was closed Sunday's. Yeah, you are almost there but no quite so you need Joe Biden to spoon feed it to you, congrats.
They told you whether they were Republican or Democrat?

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
If someone wanted to vote, they would make some effort. Same with the job, if they wanted a job there are millions available daily. What I lack is the desire to spoon feed perfectly able people for the rest of their lives.
Yeah, if slaves didn't want to be slaves they should have made some effort.

Advocating for personal responsibility doesn't excuse us from addressing injustices in our societies. The two have to go hand in hand but rarely do. When I was poor and talked about inequality they said I was bitter; and now that I'm well off and I talk about inequality they call me a hypocrite. People just don't want to talk about inequality because they don't want to lose what they have or they have no empathy.

It is important to remember that we didn't suddenly stop treating the black community poorly 150 years ago when slavery ended, not did things magically correct themselves 60ish years ago when the civil rights movement happened.

We must work to correct the problems we created as a country through Jim Crow, segregation, redlining, and so on. We segregated and destroyed communities, and we created deep generational problems that don't just disappear overnight.

Programs that assist do not take away from personal responsibility, in fact, they emphasize it. I reject the fact that you are inferring Democrats don't believe in personal responsibility, or that they believe no one has a choice in things like obesity, opioid addiction, voter suppression, racism, job availability, etc. That is simply not true. Looking broadly, policies can impact some communities more than others, and it's important to recognize that and fix it. Many of our problems are problems of poverty and we know empirically that poverty is an extremely strong predictor of future poverty.

Racist creation leads to a society with racially disparate outcomes. No amount of individual responsibility will ever fix that disparity.

Lastly, we can look at any individual in a low-income situation (this also applies to rural whites in the south and the Appalachian region, but I also know that there are additional systemic barriers for ethnic minorities) and wonder why they couldn't have taken more pro-active individual agency. But that is a question we'll never think about asking the vast majority of white individuals in upper-class circumstances because, by those very circumstances, they exist in a context that makes it hard to ever see the systemic consequences of people acting badly. By someone in a poor community being merely average, we'll always be in a position to judge their existence.

But to think broadly about systemic issues of inequality, we have to look at how we can empower individuals to make better and more apt choices by looking at the ecosystem in which they exist in and finding ways to mitigate the issues that are getting in the way of their individual and present success. Looking at a situation and saying 'personal responsibility' doesn't solve the situation, just like there will be outliers on both sides.

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Yeah, if slaves didn't want to be slaves they should have made some effort. Slavery ended in 1865, one hundred and fifty-five years ago. No one alive today was a "slave" in America.

Advocating for personal responsibility doesn't excuse us from addressing injustices in our societies. The two have to go hand in hand but rarely do. When I was poor and talked about inequality they said I was bitter; and now that I'm well off and I talk about inequality they call me a hypocrite. People just don't want to talk about inequality because they don't want to lose what they have or they have no empathy. I am happy to talk about it, I just do not believe people are entitled to what it took me 40 years of hard work to accomplish because they fell they deserve it. I was poor and I decided it sucked so I took personal responsibility for my condition and made changes, went to college, acquired skills and a trade and worked my way into a decent job. I started with the shitty job and worked my way to where I am. I did not sit on my ass demanding a $100K a year to start with no skills, experience or training because "I feel I deserve better".

It is important to remember that we didn't suddenly stop treating the black community poorly 150 years ago when slavery ended, not did things magically correct themselves 60ish years ago when the civil rights movement happened. Slavery ended because we took away slaves from the Democrats, after the Democrats started a war to keep slaves. Funny thing in 1868 the Democrat party platform; "The slogan for the 1868 Democratic National Convention was, "This is a White Man's Country, Let White Men Rule".

We must work to correct the problems we created as a country through Jim Crow, segregation, redlining, and so on. We segregated and destroyed communities, and we created deep generational problems that don't just disappear overnight. Strangely enough, Democrats created "Jim Crow" laws.

Programs that assist do not take away from personal responsibility, in fact, they emphasize it. I reject the fact that you are inferring Democrats don't believe in personal responsibility, or that they believe no one has a choice in things like obesity, opioid addiction, voter suppression, racism, job availability, etc. That is simply not true. Looking broadly, policies can impact some communities more than others, and it's important to recognize that and fix it. Many of our problems are problems of poverty and we know empirically that poverty is an extremely strong predictor of future poverty. Nearly EVERY welfare, food stamp and public assistance programs in America does not allow for the "poor" to retain any wealth or savings. These programs are designed to keep you poor. Food Stamps allows you to own a house and car but have no more than $2K in the bank. Medicaid $2K in the bank. $5K for public housing. The less money you save the more free stuff you get. Obesity is a choice, if you do not want to be fat, eat less. No one forces people to use opiods, if you believe that prove it to the rest of us. Requiring ID, proof of citizenship or proof of residency is not "voter suppression" it is common sense and required in all civilized countries. LBJ's "Great Society" started in 1964 and has reduced the percentage of people living in poverty by very little. 19.2% in 1964, 16.2% in 2018. $22 TRILLION dollars in costs so far. All the wars we have fought since 1775 only cost about $7 TRILLION dollars. In reality our nation is moving heaven and earth to help poor people.

Racist creation leads to a society with racially disparate outcomes. No amount of individual responsibility will ever fix that disparity. Speaking of racists, democrats founded the KKK. Civil rights act of 1957, 43 Republican senators for Yea, the only people who opposed? 18 Democrats. Civil rights Act of 1964 had 21 Democrat no votes and 6 Republican no votes. Voting Rights act of 1965, opposed by 17 Democrats and 2 Republicans. Racists live on the left. The disparity in this country has been prolonged by Democrats far more than Republicans, Dred Scott v. Sanford 1857 was probably the worst Supreme Court decision in the history of America and the Chief Justice who led the charge was a slave owning Democrat( his statue is still in the Capital Rotunda). Even Obama didn't care this man's statue is there.

Lastly, we can look at any individual in a low-income situation (this also applies to rural whites in the south and the Appalachian region, but I also know that there are additional systemic barriers for ethnic minorities) and wonder why they couldn't have taken more pro-active individual agency. But that is a question we'll never think about asking the vast majority of white individuals in upper-class circumstances because, by those very circumstances, they exist in a context that makes it hard to ever see the systemic consequences of people acting badly. By someone in a poor community being merely average, we'll always be in a position to judge their existence. Some people make the choice to live in a rural area with low population density, fewer public resources, fewer hospitals and public services and fewer employment opportunities that is a personal choice and consequence of personal responsibility. Schools do not do anyone of any color, race creed or country of origin a service when they blame their circumstance on their status as a minority. Everyone gets a free public education thru 12th grade and if you happen to be a minority more than likely you get free college because of your status. Colleges and universities actively seek out minorities these days, make a choice, go to school. People acting badly should have been taught about "personal responsibility" from a young age. If they had been educated they would know that regardless of color, if you point a gun or knife at a cop or a homeowner you are robbing, you will probably get shot. Accept responsibility for your actions.

But to think broadly about systemic issues of inequality, we have to look at how we can empower individuals to make better and more apt choices by looking at the ecosystem in which they exist in and finding ways to mitigate the issues that are getting in the way of their individual and present success. Looking at a situation and saying 'personal responsibility' doesn't solve the situation, just like there will be outliers on both sides. Years ago I made a choice to help someone out of their "ecosystem". You know that story about thousands of starfish lying in the sand and a man walking down the beach picking up one now and then and tossing it back into the ocean. His friend says to him, "What are you doing, you can't save them all." He says, "I know, but I saved that one. Well, people are not starfish. A surprising amount of time, I find a person who says No thank you. They fight to stay down, they don't want to sell out and work for the man, they are waiting for something better, they don't like "routine", I've heard a plethora of stupid excuses over the years. Personal responsibility is about making the hard choice, if you hate your situtation you have to make the effort to change it.

The very first step to change is to decide you want to change something, accepting "Personal Responsibility" for your life, your predicament or your actions.

Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Thank you for the low IQ unquotable responses. I wish you could have responded in a manner that would have made it easy for me to rebuttal each but sadly you can't figure out how to use the forums.

I shouldn't need to explain American history, southern/northern Democrats, 1964, LBJ, our sixth and current flip in party systems, etc.

The very first step to change is to decide you want to change something, accepting "Personal Responsibility" for your life, your predicament or your actions.
Again, racist creation leads to a society with racially disparate outcomes. No amount of individual responsibility will ever fix that disparity. No amount of personal responsibility is going to help an African American build a business in Harrison, Arkansas.

OP
OP
Interceptor

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Seems this thread has gone off topic, which I guess is expected. Usual posters and links posted. I'm sure no one has changed their mind on what they believe.

QUESTION: Is there any place on this earth their is not prejudices or racism?

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Thank you for the low IQ unquotable responses. I wish you could have responded in a manner that would have made it easy for me to rebuttal each but sadly you can't figure out how to use the forums.

I shouldn't need to explain American history, southern/northern Democrats, 1964, LBJ, our sixth and current flip in party systems, etc.

Again, racist creation leads to a society with racially disparate outcomes. No amount of individual responsibility will ever fix that disparity. No amount of personal responsibility is going to help an African American build a business in Harrison, Arkansas.
Yeah, because that is the problem in a country covering 3,797,000 square miles and with with 328,200,000 people living in it. That a black man cannot go to a six acre town in Arkansas and start a business. So therefore the other 328,187,000 people are bad and the other 3,796,999.75 square miles must be burned, looted, robbed and graffiti-ed to death. Lucky for your mystery black man he has 19,501 other towns to choose from.

For all the wind you blow, you still haven't conjured a single reason why people should not be required to have legal ID to vote or why it is utterly impossible to keep accurate voting records and remove the tens of millions of dead, illegal immigrant, felon or multiple registered people from the rolls of voters.

You managed to digress from voting to a random black guy who you imagine wants to open a business in a primarily white town in Arkansas...................................................................as if that has anything to do with anything. It does clearly demonstrate you diminished mental capacity and some sort of serious brain injury that prevents you from reasoning and normal thought. Basically you are a Dumber/democrat due to some sort of brain malfunction, congrats.

Last edited:

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Yeah, because that is the problem in a country covering 3,797,000 square miles and with with 328,200,000 people living in it. That a black man cannot go to a six acre town in Arkansas and start a business.
I love how you think it's only a singular town issue or an extremely small subset of the population. Apparently, to you, an equal opportunity falls outside of the scope of 'personal responsibility.' Somehow our extremely racist ways have just disappeared once the civil rights movement of the 1960s ended, thus we need to just get over it and be 'personally responsible' for things outside of our control.

Racism can be used in many ways, it's obvious to some, and others just can not undo the conditioning.

must be burned, looted, robbed and graffiti-ed to death.
Maybe if people passed laws these things would not happen. Maybe it's because talk is cheap and has done very little (see history) to change the blight of others. Don't see a whole lot of those things going on outside of African Americans being killed by public servants.

For all the wind you blow, you still haven't conjured a single reason why people should not be required to have legal ID to vote
I did, I'm not against requiring a legal ID and you'd know that if you could read. Somehow everyone else can figure out how to work the forums.

it is utterly impossible to keep accurate voting records and remove the tens of millions of dead, illegal immigrant, felon or multiple registered people from the rolls of voters.
Except it isn't as voter fraud, and illegal impersonation is one illegal and two rarely happen. Once again, explained earlier in one of the many posts you either did not read or could not quote and provide evidence to prove otherwise. I've been over this with you like 5 times and still, you can not get past your wrong assumptions when presented with contradictory evidence.

You managed to digress from voting to a random black guy who you imagine wants to open a business in a primarily white town in Arkansas...................................................................as if that has anything to do with anything.
You brought up personal responsibility, I was merely showing how our environments are just as much as a factor as personal responsibility. How many times have you flipped off subject this thread? I'd guess over a dozen times.

Basically you are a Dumber/democrat due to some sort of brain malfunction, congrats.
You're always so upset for someone who talks down to everyone else. Apparently, being better than everyone else just makes you a really unfriendly person.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Seems this thread has gone off topic, which I guess is expected. Usual posters and links posted. I'm sure no one has changed their mind on what they believe.
Yeah, awfully hard to keep the thread civil. I imagine this is what it looks like on capital hill or state level when it comes to voting laws.

It should be something simple as we have the means to protect votes, but imo, we need to make it simpler to vote for those who are allowed to vote and fix issues such as gerrymandering and election fraud.

QUESTION: Is there any place on this earth their is not prejudices or racism?
Simple answer, no. It sucks but there will always be people who see you as less than them, whether it be because of your race, gender, nationality, etc it all depends on who you are and where you are.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.