Status
Not open for further replies.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Seems now the duly elected politicians are having a hard time trying to figure out how to fix something that isn't broke. Evidently in certain parts of this country, people have been put in solitary confinement cause they can't get out of their homes and vote.

So the political people in charge are trying to push mail in voting. Any level headed person can see the results so far ... well no use arguing, there are problems.

My solution, three ways to vote.
1. At the voting booth. They can do drive up, social distancing, seems to work every place eles. Walk in and vote wearing whatever.
2. Absentee voting, proven method that works very well. This method has years of experience. Perfect replacement for mail in voting. I know this will work because certain polictical people are against it.
3. Let people vote at Wa-mart. Do you know anybody who hasn't been at a Wal-mart in last 10 days.
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
3. Let people vote at Wa-mart. Do you know anybody who hasn't been at a Wal-mart in last 10 days.
yesterday was the first time in over 3 months I went there, only because I didn't feel like making 5 different stops for various things.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
2. Absentee voting, proven method that works very well. This method has years of experience. Perfect replacement for mail in voting. I know this will work because certain polictical people are against it.
Confused. What form of absentee voting is not mail-in voting?

OP
OP
Interceptor

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You request absentee voter forms, then they are sent to you in the mail.
Mail in forms are sent sent without request. How many times have you received someone else mail? Maybe that person is dead now? Maybe person who receives it thinks it ok to vote for other people in family. Just so much to go wrong.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
You request absentee voter forms, then they are sent to you in the mail.
Mail in forms are sent sent without request. How many times have you received someone else mail? Maybe that person is dead now? Maybe person who receives it thinks it ok to vote for other people in family. Just so much to go wrong.
I've voted absentee for most of my adult life--as have most who serve outside of their home state. I do not request the forms. I am registered absentee and the ballots are sent to me automatically. I do not request or re-register. It has nothing to do with voting for someone else in the family.

Additionally, you are conflating maintenance of voting records with fraud related to mail-in ballots. Several states have been using mail-in voting as their primary method for years and have had no issues. In that sense, I agree with you that some are trying to fix (or destroy) something that is not broken.

Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
I wouldn't say voting is as good as it needs to be, there are plenty of ways to make it more inclusive to Americans. Also, there are plenty of examples of voter suppression, and, currently, what is going on with the USPS is notably terrifying.

OP
OP
Interceptor

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All this stress just to put more washed up lawyers in a job

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
All this stress just to put more washed up lawyers in a job
Agree there should be no stress. There is simply a Constitutional obligation to ensure that all Americans who have a right to vote are afforded that right, while at the same time protecting the integrity of the voting process. All three approaches you named make sense. As you noted, expanding the absentee (mail-in) voting model is one way to do that. Drive-in voting is another option, but only obviously works for people with cars. Establishing more (rather then fewer) polling stations is third approach. So, everything you said makes sense and generates no stress. Recommend all three be applied, along with other steps that contribute to the solution.

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
The problem is not mail in voting, it is who exactly is voting?

California currently has 3,500,000 more registered voters than voting aged people on the books. Orange county just settled a lawsuit because they have not dropped a single person from the voter rolls in years, not one Democrat has apparently died in a decade. Orange county agreed to drop 1,000,000 voters, not all of them, nor a full review.

When the leftists say they want everyone registered to be sent a ballot, that means millions of votes from dead, felons, illegal immigrants and paid shills are being used to steal an election. Last month I was in North Carolina and they had a story about a recently dead Republican receiving a new voter ID card as a newly minted Democrat, his family contacted the media. The local communist registrar said, "we apologize and I assure you no more materials will be sent to the family." He did not say, they would remove the dead man from the rolls, just they would send his ballot to a crony.

https://abc11.com/tillis-berger-voter-fraud/23005/

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article145971264.html

https://www.wtvr.com/2017/06/26/andrew-spieles-guilty-plea/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...0bffee-8670-11e6-ac72-a29979381495_story.html

https://www.npr.org/2012/02/14/146827471/study-1-8-million-dead-people-still-registered-to-vote

Until you fix crap like this, voter fraud will exist and will be used by Democrats to steal elections. That is why Trump is taking away their mailboxes according to idiots on NBC news.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
If it is deliberate, it seems like it would make more sense to register "fake voters" with the opposite party, since party affiliation only impacts primaries. That would allow a party to undermine its opponent's preferred candidate, no?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Interceptor

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both sides are mischievous, isn't really my point. It's all a game to the politicians.
I'm just amazed at their skill levels. I'm worried 5 years from now we are still gonna be using some of the messed voting policy they do this year.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
The problem is not mail in voting, it is who exactly is voting?

California currently has 3,500,000 more registered voters than voting aged people on the books. Orange county just settled a lawsuit because they have not dropped a single person from the voter rolls in years, not one Democrat has apparently died in a decade. Orange county agreed to drop 1,000,000 voters, not all of them, nor a full review.

When the leftists say they want everyone registered to be sent a ballot, that means millions of votes from dead, felons, illegal immigrants and paid shills are being used to steal an election. Last month I was in North Carolina and they had a story about a recently dead Republican receiving a new voter ID card as a newly minted Democrat, his family contacted the media. The local communist registrar said, "we apologize and I assure you no more materials will be sent to the family." He did not say, they would remove the dead man from the rolls, just they would send his ballot to a crony.

https://abc11.com/tillis-berger-voter-fraud/23005/

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article145971264.html

https://www.wtvr.com/2017/06/26/andrew-spieles-guilty-plea/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...0bffee-8670-11e6-ac72-a29979381495_story.html

https://www.npr.org/2012/02/14/146827471/study-1-8-million-dead-people-still-registered-to-vote

Until you fix crap like this, voter fraud will exist and will be used by Democrats to steal elections. That is why Trump is taking away their mailboxes according to idiots on NBC news.
Dude, you are wrong. How are you going to go to a different thread and spout the same wrong bullshit? At least reply to me first so I can, again, prove you wrong before you go about spreading more false info.

You're confusing inactive voter registration with illegal voting. That's removing inactive voter registrations. You know, because people die or move out of state. They aren't immediately removed from the voting lists, that's why you see voting lists that are greater than the population, and subsequently why you see hundreds of thousands or even millions in big states get purged from the voting rolls every few years. They're doing the right thing by removing these names from the voter rolls. If people try to vote who aren't on the voter rolls, they can attempt to register to vote, and if they're legal to vote, they'll be able to do so. If not, they won't.

So I guess, pat California on the back?

Also, Judicial Watch is listed as "extreme right bias with the promotion of conspiracy theories and very poor fact check record" by the non-profit media bias/fact check site https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/judicial-watch/. In addition to that, there are Snopes posting debunking claims by Judicial Watch as well. So, anything you read there should be thoroughly vetted as I would say the same for any 'extreme left-biased' organizations as well.
Last I checked none of the California elections failed to certify. That would be North Carolina with very compelling evidence of election fraud and a Republican race.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Can't we just have a discussion without first bashing the other party?

@lonegunman Stop projecting, and stop berating another party just because you don't do the research.

“I don’t want everybody to vote,” Paul Weyrich, an influential conservative activist, said in 1980. “As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down.”

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/debunking-voter-fraud-myth

"Government Investigations Agree: Voter Fraud Is Rare

• Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, a longtime proponent of voter suppression efforts, argued before state lawmakers that his office needed special power to prosecute voter fraud, because he knew of 100 such cases in his state. After being granted these powers, he has brought six such cases, of which only four have been successful. The secretary has also testified about his review of 84 million votes cast in 22 states, which yielded 14 instances of fraud referred for prosecution, which amounts to a 0.00000017 percent fraud rate.
  • Texas lawmakers purported to pass its strict photo ID law to protect against voter fraud. Yet the chief law enforcement official in the state responsible for such prosecutions knew of only one conviction and one guilty plea that involved in-person voter fraud in all Texas elections from 2002 through 2014.
  • A specialized United States Department of Justice unit formed with the goal of finding instances of federal election fraud examined the 2002 and 2004 federal elections, and were able to prove that 0.00000013 percent of ballots cast were fraudulent. There was no evidence that any of these incidents involved in-person impersonation fraud. Over a five year period, they found “no concerted effort to tilt the election.”
  • An investigation in Colorado, in which the Secretary of State alleged 100 cases of voter fraud, yielded one conviction.
  • In Maine, an investigation into 200 college students revealed no evidence of fraud. Shortly thereafter, an Elections Commission appointed by a Republican secretary of state found “there is little or no history in Maine of voter impersonation or identification fraud.”
  • In Florida, a criminal investigation into nine individuals who allegedly committed absentee ballot fraud led to all criminal charges being dismissed against all voters.
  • In 2012, Florida Governor Rick Scott initiated an effort to remove non-citizen registrants from the state’s rolls. The state’s list of 182,000 alleged non-citizen registrants quickly dwindled to 198. Even this amended list contained many false positives, such as a WWII veteran born in Brooklyn. In the end, only 85 non-citizen registrants were identified and only one was convicted of fraud, out of a total of 12 million registered voters.
  • In Iowa, a multi-year investigation into fraud led to just 27 prosecutions out of 1.6 million ballots cast. In 2014 the state issued a report on the investigation citing only six prosecutions.
  • In Wisconsin, a task force charged 20 individuals with election crimes. The majority charged were individuals with prior criminal convictions, who are often caught up by confusing laws regarding restoration of their voting rights.
The verdict is in from every corner that voter fraud is sufficiently rare that it simply could not and does not happen at the rate even approaching that which would be required to “rig” an election. Electoral integrity is key to our democracy, and politicians who genuinely care about protecting our elections should focus not on phantom fraud concerns, but on those abuses that actually threaten election security.

As historians and election experts have catalogued, there is a long history in this country of racially suppressive voting measures — including poll taxes and all-white primaries — put in place under the guise of stopping voter fraud that wasn’t actually occurring in the first place. The surest way toward voting that is truly free, fair, and accessible is to know the facts in the face of such rhetoric."

And so much more in that article.

Both sides are mischievous, isn't really my point. It's all a game to the politicians.
I'm just amazed at their skill levels. I'm worried 5 years from now we are still gonna be using some of the messed voting policy they do this year.
Sorry to derail the thread there, but I agree. Both sides have their players who want to win at all costs just look at the 2016 democratic nominee catastrophe.

Hopefully, we can all agree that the most American and just thing to do is to have easily auditable votes and ease of access to voting. And the best way to get there, I believe, is to have a discussion that we need to improve on our old ways.

OP
OP
Interceptor

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm with you, this isn't really a democratic or Republican thing. It basically goverment period.

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
If I was wrong about voter fraud, Democrats would fully support allowing people to investigate voter fraud, they do not. I am opposed to places having more than 100% of voting aged residents on voting rolls. If these districts did not intend fraud, they would remove them, but they do not unless forced to by a court order. Almost universally, the party on record opposing honest voting and accurate voter rolls is the democrat party. Unlike the average white democrat, I believe black Americans are smart enough to obtain ID, find a post office or mailbox or polling place and vote. I believe people incapable of mailing a postage paid letter probably shouldn't be voting anyway.

America could very well be the only civilized country on earth that does not require proof of citizenship, proof of residency or valid ID to vote. Sending a ballot to "everyone" on the voter rolls is a prescription for fraud. Given that every Christmas the post office manages to deliver hundreds of millions of pieces of mail, I bet they can manage this election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_Identification_laws

Failure to prosecute a crime is not an indication of no crime it is proof of failure to investigate and prosecute crime. Saying that the far left idiots in the prosecutors office did nothing to stop voter fraud simply means voter fraud goes unpunished. It does not mean not fraud occurred.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/inve...0200810-ldvrmqvv6bd3hpsuqha4duehmu-story.html

This woman refused to prosecute more than 25,000 felonies after the cops submitted the cases, that does not mean the crimes never occurred?

If your theory holds true to leftist form, it explains why you believe there were no riots in Portland for the last three months.........................no one was prosecuted by the local communist party lackeys .

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/lo...pped/283-0571774d-43e4-4750-903a-db8e686a7a51

Why not take the time to explain why requiring ID or proof of residency is "voter suppression"? Do you believe requiring ID to board a commercial is "travel suppression"? Or maybe requiring ID to withdraw money at a bank is "banking suppression"?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.