Sponsored

The price of new tires is getting outrageous.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought a set of PS4S's a while back, for more than 50% off, from Discount Tire Outlet. They were mounted on a car and driven less than 500 miles and returned. Looked almost new.
Sponsored

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
You do you, but I'd have to be pretty hard up to be buying used tires off of ebay for my $70k (CAD) car to save a couple hundred bucks (tirerack is showing the same tires for $334 USD each)

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You do you, but I'd have to be pretty hard up to be buying used tires off of ebay for my $70k (CAD) car to save a couple hundred bucks (tirerack is showing the same tires for $334 USD each)
They are basically something someone bought at Discount Tire and then returned right away.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
I will definitely do me if i can save $1k doing so. Well, $850ish after installation.

I didn't pay 70k for my car so i guess 800 extra bucks for tires is a good amount for me šŸ˜‚

edit: not sure where you see 334-i see 408.99 per tire. with a 80 dollar rebate that you may or may not get since it's one of those mail in dealies.

Last edited:

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will definitely do me if i can save $1k doing so. Well, $850ish after installation.

I didn't pay 70k for my car so i guess 800 extra bucks for tires is a good amount for me šŸ˜‚

edit: not sure where you see 334-i see 408.99 per tire. with a 80 dollar rebate that you may or may not get since it's one of those mail in dealies.
Just searched for my OEM fitment, rears are same size as you linked on eBay AFAIK? $1,299 USD for the set of 4 (not including the $80 rebate, which in my experience, you always get but it can take forever)
Pretty sure these are the same tires?
1711404466788-i1.png

In any event, my statement stands. I'd take the $600-800 hit (for a set) to have tires with no unknown past, full warranties, etc over eBay specials.

When I was a young man driving a sh*tbox car, sure I'd put whatever rubber I could find on it... now that I own a car I'm proud of (not that it's all that special to own a GT lol), no chance.

Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not the same tires
I feel you, but every time I get a nail I seem to get them right in the sidewall anyways which is not repairable. So if I wanted full warranties on the tires Iā€™d be spending 2k. Just nagganadoit.

And again itā€™s not ā€œwhateverā€ rubber I found with mismatched tires. Theyā€™re brand new with not a 1/32ā€ missing off the tread.

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not the same tires
I feel you, but every time I get a nail I seem to get them right in the sidewall anyways which is not repairable. So if I wanted full warranties on the tires Iā€™d be spending 2k. Just nagganadoit.

And again itā€™s not ā€œwhateverā€ rubber I found with mismatched tires. Theyā€™re brand new with not a 1/32ā€ missing off the tread.
That's fair enough, I will likely jinx myself, but in 30 years of driving I've only picked up a nail once, and it was when I used "whatever" tires lol

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Just searched for my OEM fitment, rears are same size as you linked on eBay AFAIK? $1,299 USD for the set of 4 (not including the $80 rebate, which in my experience, you always get but it can take forever)
Pretty sure these are the same tires?
1711404466788-i1.png

In any event, my statement stands. I'd take the $600-800 hit (for a set) to have tires with no unknown past, full warranties, etc over eBay specials.

When I was a young man driving a sh*tbox car, sure I'd put whatever rubber I could find on it... now that I own a car I'm proud of (not that it's all that special to own a GT lol), no chance.

The MIch PSS 305/35/19 is a much more expensive tires.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im doing 275/40 square.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Imo those eBay prices are near good enough. Yes I realize they are almost new, but I'd expect to see a minimum 30pct haircut off usual and customary pricing.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
240 a piece for 275/40R19 PS4S is not cheap enough? They're $409 a piece at Discount Tire. I also bought them from this gent because he guaranteed me nothing older than 2022.

That's what, 40 some percent off.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
They're $409 a piece at Discount Tire
Wow now that is insane. I figured the going rate was low 300. So in that light I guess the prices are within reason.

I simply won't pay that kind of money for tires. 1100 a set is my ceiling. I picked up a pile of SC3 and kuhmo v730 for less than 150 each. Brand spanking new.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah... that was basically the whole point of the thread lol. It really has gotten crazy.

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Everything is considerably more expensive after the pandemic. I don't think political parties have that much to do with it. Same shit in Europe.
Both political parties are at fault. Each time the Federal reserve prints another trillion $ we don't have, each dollar in your pocket is worth less and it take more of them to buy everyting. Bidens (administration), newest budget proposal is 7 trillion with 3.5 trillion expected revenue. Trump, Obama, Bush, Bush and even my beloved Ronald Reagan, All big spenders. Actually Clinton was the least offender but that was mostly because of the republican congress. Plenty of blame to go around!
Sorry, Don't want to mix politics with a great car forum but its important we all understand why things will continue to get more expensive.
Sponsored