Sponsored

The price of new tires is getting outrageous.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
This is true-government spending is being used to prop up the GDP and to increase investor confidence which keeps the economy going. No one wants to be the president that ends the gravy train.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
No one wants to be the president that ends the gravy train
Except that train will run off the rails, guaranteed. Part of me wants to keep the current config in place so it blows sky high and takes their entire premise to the grave of public revulsion, repudiation and anger.

Find me a commie in the USSR flavor today. You won't find them in Poland Hungary or even Russia. They learned their lesson. And yet Western academia worships these grossly failed institutions. How many more millions need to die before the point is understood for the rest of time?

If the other guy takes the reigns it will do little to change the outcome nor extend the day of reckoning. I'm afraid Greater Depression and the collapse is the only avenue left. The whole world is utterly bonkers and needs an economic calamity to reassert sound principles. We could have swallowed the bitter pill as late as 2008 but refused to do so.

I just hope we don't torch the entire planet in the process.

Last edited:

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
A lot of terrifying posts in this thread.

People driving on summer only tires in really cold temps - read the manual, it says absolutely not to do that.

Almost getting into accidents but blaming the tire instead of themselves for having the absolute wrong thing for the job.

People buying used tires for 460hp 50k cars.

People putting questionable tires on because they are cheaper. Yeah you saved some bucks and now your car can't handle, stop and do what it was made to do as well, congrats on your savings.

I can tell a lot of future cars and coffee crash videos are coming from people in this very thread.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
With the Port of Baltimore probably closed for several weeks till they pull the bridge off the channel floor, I guess Philly and Charleston will get more traffic... That can't help tires coming in from France and Germany.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot of terrifying posts in this thread.

People driving on summer only tires in really cold temps - read the manual, it says absolutely not to do that.

Almost getting into accidents but blaming the tire instead of themselves for having the absolute wrong thing for the job.

People buying used tires for 460hp 50k cars.

People putting questionable tires on because they are cheaper. Yeah you saved some bucks and now your car can't handle, stop and do what it was made to do as well, congrats on your savings.

I can tell a lot of future cars and coffee crash videos are coming from people in this very thread.
Since you're soooo interested in how this turns out, i'll post back here if i end up crashing my car due to this severely used, 9/32" tires. I'll gladly eat crow if it turns out it was a waste of money. 😜

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the new 275/40r19 tires and 19x10 SVE SP2s on-looks and feels great, fit is amazing with the FP Track Pack and the car darts around like a go kart now. They're a bit noisier than the pirellis but feel about as comfortable, if not a bit more so due to the taller sidewalls.

Funnily enough when I had America's Tire load the old Pirellis/stock wheels back in the car, we noticed one of them had a bulge on the inside of the tire 😵 so not sure how much longer that would have lasted. I do remember hitting a pothole somewhere near work where some of the roads are 3rd world country status.

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Lol, I paid $1,904 for a set of 305/315 PS4S. Sport Cups are even more. Is what it is. As soon as I bought my car, I bought a 2nd set of M1 HP wheels from LMR (OEM, not reps) to put the PS4S on and have the sport cups on the original wheels for mountain runs and track days.

Last edited:

Baxter3221

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350R, '16 X5M
Admittedly didn't read 10 pages of this thread, but I'm seeing the same. Price of RT660's went from $335 a tire in 2021 to $386 in 2022 to $454 last week (305/30/19). I've gotten good deals on Cup2 takeoffs from the new Mach1's (average $900 for a set of tires with a couple hundred miles), but they don't last on track.

Other than trying to get more life out of the tires (i.e. get a rotatable square set), not sure what the answer is, other than "gotta pay to play".

Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couldn't pass up 20% off that eBay had the past week or two on tires....275/40-19's were fairly cheap. Couldn't find the right set of 17" wheels to run staggered and match the fronts or I would have got the 305/45-17's (even cheaper and more traction)

IMG_9957.jpeg

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
just called for prices on 255 40 19 to replace my worn stockers. the fronts wore out at 21k.
BFG G force Comp 2 A/S @ $280
Conti DWS06 @ $290
General GMaxx AS 07 @ $250

The fella mentioned the Gmaxx tire as its made my continental and saved a few bucks. Are they any good?

I'm leaning towards the Conti's.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
just called for prices on 255 40 19 to replace my worn stockers. the fronts wore out at 21k.
BFG G force Comp 2 A/S @ $280
Conti DWS06 @ $290
General GMaxx AS 07 @ $250

The fella mentioned the Gmaxx tire as its made my continental and saved a few bucks. Are they any good?

I'm leaning towards the Conti's.
Conti would be my vote. General makes a good tire, I’ve just always thought of them as more of a sedan or SUV tire. The DWS is more of a performance all season (yeah i know, performance and all season really don’t go hand in hand).

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Wow now that is insane. I figured the going rate was low 300. So in that light I guess the prices are within reason.

I simply won't pay that kind of money for tires. 1100 a set is my ceiling. I picked up a pile of SC3 and kuhmo v730 for less than 150 each. Brand spanking new.
$2200 total for Michelin 4PS 295/30/ZR19 square. At Costco. With metal TPMS sensors and free install.

Nearly $2k for just the tires.

Cheapest in town. Others were $2.3k or more. With discounts.

Driving them for summer time only, keeping them on during track/autox/daily during these 3-4 months only, temps 44* and above/mild or light warm rain. Will switch to my $900 Michelin 17x9 stock rim setup for every other time.

Last edited:

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Conti would be my vote. General makes a good tire, I’ve just always thought of them as more of a sedan or SUV tire. The DWS is more of a performance all season (yeah i know, performance and all season really don’t go hand in hand).
Thanks for the support on the Conti's

I've also run general's A/Ts on my Jeeps and i ran the old AS03 on my hot rod ranger - I was happy with them on those applications. Just not sure if 40 bucks a corner is worth it to "try" them on a more performance based platform for savings.

Any other A/S tire in the rankings?
Sponsored