Sponsored

THE NEXT BIG THING HIS HERE! 1003 RWHP ON PUMP GAS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Can we see the torque curve?
!
There’s enough info to calculate one. I did a few points and the torque peaks at about 840 ftlb corrected at 7500 rpm.

One characteristic of direct injection is that the PD pump capacity rises linearly with engine rpm. In other words, they can support double the power at 6000 rpm than they can at 3000. Either they are tailoring the boost curve to fit the gdi pump supply capacity curve, they’re purposely limiting cylinder pressure (32 bar bmep is off the charts!), or some other reason I’m not aware of as I am purely speculating.
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Something to consider when looking at the price is that some folks, such as myself, want to maximize power on 93 octane. I know e85 is all the rage due to price and the high compression of the coyote, but mine is my daily driver and I don’t want to have to fill up every 3 days. Anyway, if I want to make more than about 750 rwhp safely, my only option until now was to lower the compression. If you consider the cost and intrusiveness of lowering the compression versus this fuel system, one is clearly a better value than the other.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Something to consider when looking at the price is that some folks, such as myself, want to maximize power on 93 octane. I know e85 is all the rage due to price and the high compression of the coyote, but mine is my daily driver and I don’t want to have to fill up every 3 days. Anyway, if I want to make more than about 750 rwhp safely, my only option until now was to lower the compression. If you consider the cost and intrusiveness of lowering the compression versus this fuel system, one is clearly a better value than the other.
Hello.

Your interest in this system is the exact reason we went down the D.I. road. We even converted our record setting X275/Street Outlaw car to D.I., and have been very thorough in our testing and development.

Its very important to everyone reading that we love E85, port injection, and all fuel options on the table now. What we like is progression and pushing the technology available. For the S550, that final road was the modification of the D.I. side of the fuel system.

If one owns a Gen3 coyote, you will always have the benefit of D.I., how long the engine stays in D.I. mode depends on the fuel system supply. We are just developing that part of the system.

Another question before was "is there a power gain for E85 users with the XDI fuel system" . The answer is Yes! Direct injection is more efficient and any time you can use it over port, there will be the ability to make more power.

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
What a great news this is!!! How much will the fuel pressure increase with this new system and any risk of rupturing lines and leaky fittings?

Sponsored

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
God, now I need to go get a 2018 or newer mustang and start all over. good gosh darn it. I need to trade the 15 in and get a 16000 dollar loan. Dang it. anyone wanna buy a 2015, 2018 intake manifold and a tuner, with other parts....lol.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What a great news this is!!! How much will the fuel pressure increase with this new system and any risk of rupturing lines and leaky fittings?
Hello. The pressure stays within stock limits, but the volume is increased, so no worries about the lines etc.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Is the engine stock for this 1000 whp run? Any internal engine mods, other than the fuel cam?

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is the engine stock for this 1000 whp run? Any internal engine mods, other than the fuel cam?
We replaced the rods and pistons but it still has stock heads and cams (aside from the larger fuel lobe) and all VCT is still operable. We built it because we are going to go above 1000.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Can we get some driving vids? Sounds like it's spinning top of 1 & 2. I would bet this car would do nicely at 70 mph rolling burnouts!

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
.022-.024” top ring gap?

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I knew there was more power to be had on the DI side. Glad to see it unlocked.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.