Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I was involved in a multi car accident this morning on I-95, Broward County Florida.
Car is totaled.
I dream you had/owned can be taken away in a matter of seconds.
Goodbye Mustang. Goodbye chat. It was fun being here while it lasted.

EDIT: Video removed

PXL_20230228_113406332.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Number 1. You will possibly end up in litigation so remove your video.

Number 2. It β€œappears” that this car in front of you stopped on a highway unnecessarily to change lanes. If this is accurate they violated a code for sure. Normally the person who runs into the back of another is guilty but you may have a mitigating factor.

Last edited:

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Wow... That's awful! Glad you're ok. Sucks about the car. Why did they stop in the middle of the interstate???

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
wow glad to see you're ok! what the hell was the car in front of you stopped for??

Assuming you have halfway decent insurance, the car can/should be replaced a little to no cost to you...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Number 1. You will possibly end up in litigation so remove your video.

Number 2. It β€œappears” that this car in front of you stopped on a highway unnecessarily to change lanes. If this is accurate they violated a code for sure. Normally the person who runs into the back of another is guilty but you may have a mitigating factor.
Thank you, removed.

OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
According to the guy I hit the car in front of him stopped trying to get into the right lanes, that leads to another Interstate, Airport etc.. Cleary an idiot. I think he wanted to go to the airport since I saw a guy with a carry on suitcase on the side of the road. Best thing while we were all talking to the Highway Patrol another car flipped/rolled over on the other side of the Interstate.. Rubbernecks..

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
it looks likely that the initial impact would not have caused the extensive amount of damage to the front that you have. That’s likely caused by the rear impact pushing you into the vehicle ahead as that looked like a big hit from behind.

i’d probably probably take the youtube video down as well.

This was your hood angle after the first impact before you being rear ended for reference compared to the end result.

What rear ended you?
34534323-6AF9-4662-9680-505E6EEE25CD.jpeg
8EFBE112-B987-43BC-96F7-C924873F8351.jpeg

Last edited:

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
According to the guy I hit the car in front of him stopped trying to get into the right lanes, that leads to another Interstate, Airport etc.. Cleary an idiot. I think he wanted to go to the airport since I saw a guy with a carry on suitcase on the side of the road. Best thing while we were all talking to the Highway Patrol another car flipped/rolled over on the other side of the Interstate.. Rubbernecks..
really sorry to see this, your car has been one of the best examples around this forum. it saved you which is important bit in all of this. I wonder how insurance companies in US handle all the mods done. you have quite extensive list.
whenever I'm in Florida, I take very defensive driving style. you guys have too many crazy people on the roads

OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
really sorry to see this, your car has been one of the best examples around this forum. I wonder how insurance companies in US handle all the mods done. you have quite extensive list.
whenever I'm in Florida, I take very defensive driving style. you guys have too many crazy people on the roads
Yes, no joke. I have been on the defensive side quite a while now, but how on earth do you handle a guy stopped in front of you? In the dark, 6 AM, .. It all happened so fast.. I still can't believe I came home without my car.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Glad you're OK, sorry about the car.

Last year when I totaled my 2018, as they were winching it up on the wrecker, I was near tears and the trooper was standing next to me. I said, "until today, that car didn't have a ding or scratch."
The trooper replied "go git you another one."

A month later, the insurance company paid me $2K more than I paid for it new. Good luck.

OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad you're OK, sorry about the car.

Last year when I totaled my 2018, as they were winching it up on the wrecker, I was near tears and the trooper was standing next to me. I said, "until today, that car didn't have a ding or scratch."
The trooper replied "go git you another one."

A month later, the insurance company paid me $2K more than I paid for it new. Good luck.
Believe me, I am still in shock and fighting with my emotions. I put so much into this car, I really enjoyed driving it. I hope it turns out for the best. People always say "its just a car", believe, its more than that.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Believe me, I am still in shock and fighting with my emotions. I put so much into this car, I really enjoyed driving it. I hope it turns out for the best. People always say "its just a car", believe, its more than that.
if you had/have comp&collision, you have the right to buy your salvaged property back from them. so then you would only really have lost your time put in and whatever got destroyed in the wreck. pretty sure insurance doesn't cover extras on cars, just harleys. but that being said, now you can have a dedicated race car and straighten it enough to race it and go buy you a nice one to drive every day if that's what you did with this one.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
@Gnatsum21, I'm so sorry to see this. I know that road and it's a nightmare even in daytime. Just glad you're OK. The car, as beautiful as it is can and will be replaced. Take care of yourself.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
if you had/have comp&collision, you have the right to buy your salvaged property back from them. so then you would only really have lost your time put in and whatever got destroyed in the wreck. pretty sure insurance doesn't cover extras on cars, just harleys. but that being said, now you can have a dedicated race car and straighten it enough to race it and go buy you a nice one to drive every day if that's what you did with this one.
or build a Cobra or Daytona replica, and paint it in TO. would be a wild car.
Sponsored