The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I bought my 2016 about a month ago, it was pretty much one of two choices I would have ordered, other than an R maybe, they had to buy it from another dealer and have it shipped to me. I paid MSRP plus 5k. Couldn't find what I wanted any cheaper around here and they wanted 10k over to order a 17. My purchase has been delayed by many factors and I just couldn't wait any longer. I don't regret it one bit....

Sponsored

Secondtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350dib tech
I was totally against adm ,but I caved I wanted dib and knowing that it was not available in 17 I paid 1k over .I Have no regrets except first speeding ticket in 30years .

mrdigray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 - White Blue Stripes
My personal experience:

1. Called up/visited about 30 dealers from up to about 100 miles from me.
  2. Aprx 15 2016's cars available. 1 at 500 under MSRP. 8 at MSRP and the rest between 2k and 8k over.
  3. 4 2017's built and on the dealers lot. 2 of these were going for 5k over and the other 2 were 10k and 15k over.
  4. 5 2017's ready to be ordered from factory. 1 at 5k over, 1 at 7k over and the other 3 were 15-20k.
I wasn't willing to wait and or risk price/availability issues (I would never forgive myself if I wasn't able to get a 2017 in the exact spec I wanted and I was therefore forced to compromise or miss out entirely).

As other people have mentioned it really all comes down to personal choice. I would definitely say that with some good research and time invested its possible to find deals around 5-10k over. At that price its still worth it in my opinion. I would also say that MSRP on a 2017, already built or not, is currently very very hard - near impossible to find for 90% of people.
Not sure if this well help anyone but, I ordered my 2017 @ $2,500 over from a dealer in South Jersey. Dealer said they sold their 2016 allocation @ $5,000 over.

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I live near Wash DC, but for S&G, I searched Idaho for GT350s. I was really surprised to see 10 to 20K over MSRP on the base 350 and 100K for an R. Maybe they are hoping out of state buyers will come in. Strange that they list the ADM in the MSRP.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I live near Wash DC, but for S&G, I searched Idaho for GT350s. I was really surprised to see 10 to 20K over MSRP on the base 350 and 100K for an R. Maybe they are hoping out of state buyers will come in. Strange that they list the ADM in the MSRP.
ADMs are bs if you have to get one now id not pay over 1K on a 2017 on 2016 unless its exactly what you want you should pay MSRP or under.

Other wise just wait till it snows and call a cold state dealer :cheers:

Unless money is not a issue then pay 20k adm and wonder why you cant beat a z06 in a drag race....

Last edited:

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
For you NoVA folx ... Koons in Sterling has some good prices on GTs

But 350s ... $20K ADM :lol:

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405

It may be worth going into the dealer anyway, but wait until the end of the month, and propose a cash deal, no trade. I signed the papers 2 weeks ago - the dealer was asking 10K over. I told them (based on info I saw here) that a 2016 Track Pack just sold in North Jersey @ MSRP the day before. Why would I pay any more than that. After slight reluctance, and with the promise that I would do the deal that day, so they could get it off their books, the deal was done at MSRP, and, they held the car for me covered in their garage while my family vacationed down the Shore. Picked it up on the way home.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
ADMs are bs if you have to get one now id not pay over 1K on a 2017 on 2016 unless its exactly what you want you should pay MSRP or under.

Other wise just wait till it snows and call a cold state dealer :cheers:

Unless money is not a issue then pay 20k adm and wonder why you cant beat a z06 in a drag race....
No one is buying these cars to challenge Z06s to a drag race :crazy:

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

I thought they went down to 10K over. I drive by everyday to and from home. They don't move. I just grin ear to ear about getting MSRP at that point. But, you are right. best prices on GT's I have ever seen.
See you at Cars and Cigars this Saturday? :cheers:

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
Now that I've had my GT350 for a week I can confirm what I thought all along.

You guys are looking at this all wrong.

I paid $4k over MSRP for a 2017. Out the door it came to $66k.

I now have a car that is more unique than a Z06, more fun to drive than a Z06....and I saved $35k over that of the Z06 I priced....I wish life worked out this way all the time!!!

If it really bothers you that much, just pretend it's an added Tax, the car is still a bargain!

BTW, The dealership I bought my car from had it listed for $15K over. I paid them $4k. We are both happy. :cheers:

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I thought they went down to 10K over. I drive by everyday to and from home. They don't move. I just grin ear to ear about getting MSRP at that point. But, you are right. best prices on GT's I have ever seen.
See you at Cars and Cigars this Saturday? :cheers:

Could be , I the window still said 20, website seems to show 10.

The rotors on all of them were plenty rusty :) . I should offer to clean them off for the. .

What is a cars and cigars ?

Cars_1959

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
FYI Southbay Ford Torrance

Stopped by this dealership to see if they had any 350s and they had 5 on the lot with one R (white) in the mix.

This is just an FYI because we all know SoCal is crazy about the ADM. Last I checked Galpin wanted $50k adm

The GT 350s were $20,000 ADM and the R was $50,000!

My initial thought, no wonder they have 5 on the lot sitting.
Sponsored