Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Someone on here found a 2019 R allocation for $5K over. I would imagine this would be obtainable with some calling around, but we all know the ADM game...

Personally I would be looking to pay MSRP or less for a non-R, but under MSRP may be tough at this point as dealers may be unsure of demand with the new upgrades being offered.
Sponsored

ronaldwalter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby
I live in Socal and refuse to pay ADM. Found the Shelby the way i wanted in Illinois and flew there and drove back home. Cheaper than shipping your car and a nice experience driving 2000 miles across the country. Got a new 2018 with electronic package for $58660. If you’re thinking of buying out of state do it. It’s worth it. Don’t pay ADM. If everyone refuses to pay it dealers will lower their prices. In California most dealership have Shelbies sitting on their lot but are not selling it because of high ADM. My local dealer in Long Beach has 2 non Rs with $10K adm and 1 R with $20k ADM. These cars are sitting there for months. One of the white non R must be sitting there for almost a year.

Wow, 55k for a LB with no stripes . I hate that im in CA, Im totally open to shipping from out of state but the further it is the more itll cost, right? NYC to Bay Area would cost a pretty penny Id guess

300blackout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
AMG GTS
I live in Socal and refuse to pay ADM. Found the Shelby the way i wanted in Illinois and flew there and drove back home. Cheaper than shipping your car and a nice experience driving 2000 miles across the country. Got a new 2018 with electronic package for $58660. If you’re thinking of buying out of state do it. It’s worth it. Don’t pay ADM. If everyone refuses to pay it dealers will lower their prices. In California most dealership have Shelbies sitting on their lot but are not selling it because of high ADM. My local dealer in Long Beach has 2 non Rs with $10K adm and 1 R with $20k ADM. These cars are sitting there for months. One of the white non R must be sitting there for almost a year.

Yup, maybe 3 years ago people were willing to pay high ADM, but now there are plenty on the used market. Plus, at that price range it opens the door to A LOT of choices! There are 2 Rs in the northern California asking $30k ADM LOL. Just buy out of state, let then sit on it.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
For the ADM did the ADM show on their site or is it a gotcha where you dont realize until you give them a call/see it in person?

AeschyA

JR195
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2013 JKR10A
For the ADM did the ADM show on their site or is it a gotcha where you dont realize until you give them a call/see it in person?
If you mean cars listed on individual dealers' website, some have it listed on the site / included in the price; some do not.

When I was searching for my R, I was "fooled" more than a few times (in terms of the price on the website not including the ADM).

Sponsored

Sawman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Cobra, 13 GT Vert, 15 GT, 12 535i, 16 F type R
My ADM and search for a test drive adventure (since 2015) has completed it's journey into a 2019 Corvette Grand Sport. I am typing this in hopes that any Ford representative may see it.

For all you ADM and Non ADM owners and all those able to test drive and those that bought unseen. Congrats on your purchase and ownership. This is not a slight towards you at all.

I myself am rigid in my ways. I do not pay over MSRP for a car and I certainly 100% could never spend 60K + on a car I was not allowed to test drive. I also don't buy the wrong color or wrong options simply because of price or availability. I have been chasing the "right" GT350 for years and the Ford Dealer network simply will not allow me to take the steps I need in order to purchase.

The 2019 GT350 seemed like my car. The upgrades are what I wanted in the GT350. Then a few calls and those upgrades were enough to reignite the greed machine.

So I have had or still have these Mustangs in my love of the car:

1994 Mustang - Gone
1999 Mustang GT - Gone
2003 Cobra
2013 Mustang GT - Traded for Vette :(
2015 Mustang GT
2019 Corvette Grand Sport......Good Job Ford and your network of thieves!!!

I highly recommend anyone that has ever considered a Corvette to look now. There is a perfect storm of the Boomers getting too old and the Mid Engine on the way. There are 17's, 18's and 19's on the lots next to each other and the performance isn't that bad either.

I have not left the Mustang Family and never will but if Ford continues the "Only a select few can own a Mustang better than a GT" crap, I will keep buying the competitors. I can't wait to see the $h!t storm around the GT500.

Again, enjoy your cars. This is only one guy who took his money elsewhere.

2019 Corvette Roof off Doors Open.jpg

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
You could have test drove a used one at Carmax. For me, not test driving was no biggie. I agree with the ADM statement though. I just can't bring myself to do it. Congrats on the GS.

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
My ADM and search for a test drive adventure (since 2015) has completed it's journey into a 2019 Corvette Grand Sport. I am typing this in hopes that any Ford representative may see it.

For all you ADM and Non ADM owners and all those able to test drive and those that bought unseen. Congrats on your purchase and ownership. This is not a slight towards you at all.

I myself am rigid in my ways. I do not pay over MSRP for a car and I certainly 100% could never spend 60K + on a car I was not allowed to test drive. I also don't buy the wrong color or wrong options simply because of price or availability. I have been chasing the "right" GT350 for years and the Ford Dealer network simply will not allow me to take the steps I need in order to purchase.

The 2019 GT350 seemed like my car. The upgrades are what I wanted in the GT350. Then a few calls and those upgrades were enough to reignite the greed machine.

1994 Mustang - Gone
1999 Mustang GT - Gone
2003 Cobra
2015 Mustang GT

I highly recommend anyone that has ever considered a Corvette to look now. There is a perfect storm of the Boomers getting too old and the Mid Engine on the way. There are 17's, 18's and 19's on the lots next to each other and the performance isn't that bad either.

I have not left the Mustang Family and never will but if Ford continues the "Only a select few can own a Mustang better than a GT" crap, I will keep buying the competitors. I can't wait to see the $h!t storm around the GT500.

I may be heading in the same direction.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra

1994 Mustang - Gone
1999 Mustang GT - Gone
2003 Cobra
2015 Mustang GT

I dont blame you for going the GS route. You'd have to be silly to spend a year or 2 trying to get these ford dealerships off their greedy ass high horses just so you can buy a GT350 at a realistic price when you can walk into any Chevy dealer and have 5-10 GS/Z06's to choose from, test drive them, and negotiate a nice hefty discount on top of it. I went with a friend to check out some GT350's and he literally got laughed at for offering invoice price on a GT350 that has been sitting on the lot for 7 months

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Should have bought before they legalized weed in California. :crazy:

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
Proof that they are really a crappy dealership: Adding a bunch of high-markup addons to one of their halo cars.

TTony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 M5

1994 Mustang - Gone
1999 Mustang GT - Gone
2003 Cobra
2015 Mustang GT

I am another customer that Ford lost due to ADM. As a former Mustang owner that went to BMW and was ready to come back to a new GT350, I got sick of the games and got a supercharged E92 M3 instead. Regular GT's do nothing for me and I needed 4 seats or I would have looked at the Grand Sport also.
M3.jpg

ABN31A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT-350
I called this dealer about a GT-350 they had and eventually they agreed to drop the ADM but would not drop the price of the added accessories. I was able to buy one for MSRP in Orange County so it seems some SOCAL dealers will drop the ADMs.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I am another customer that Ford lost due to ADM. As a former Mustang owner that went to BMW and was ready to come back to a new GT350, I got sick of the games and got a supercharged E92 M3 instead. Regular GT's do nothing for me and I needed 4 seats or I would have looked at the Grand Sport also.
M3.jpg
I am another guy who Ford lost because of their dealerships and the ADM mania. I was looking to add a GT350R to my Hellcat and after a year of looking and dealing with greedy dealers I went to Chevy and picked up a track monster of a different kind...... ZL1 1LE.

Good luck to you guys that are still in search. And congrats to those that were able to get an MSRP deal.
81A670AE-187A-4CF2-BF75-467283581695.jpeg
D6D7187C-7F9E-4587-BB76-CF8B673A9AE5.jpeg
7A1AB302-77F0-4F39-9894-9727BD6BF63D.jpeg
Sponsored