Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

ronaldwalter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby
I flew to Illinois and bought it there. Got an awesome deal. Msrp was $61990. I paid $58660 plus i got Ford ESP extended warranty for 8 year 75k miles plus tire/wheel care for 7year plus prepaid maintenance plan for 8year 75k with Full synthetic oil changes every 5k. That’s 15 oil changes. All that for $4600.
I am driving 2k miles to get home in CA. I am taking 3 days. I just finished day 2 and have 1500 miles on the car. By the time i get home car will be broken in. At least 5th & 6th gear will be broken in for sure. I am taking the old Route 66 - I40.

If you guys live in State that charges ADM. Don’t buy it. Do try it. Go to the dealers and make a serious offer below msrp. Do your research on cars.com, cargurus etc. save the ads from the dealers out of state and show it to the greedy bastards here. If they don’t budge on the price give them the middle finger and make a deal out of state. I am having a blast driving this beast across the country.

Don’t hesitate, just do it and you won’t regret it.

PS. When i was doing my research i found 1 2017 new for $54k and 2 2018 with 5k discount. Just wasn’t the color i wanted. These cars are listed on cars.com and cargurus. The deals are out there you just have to find them.

Good deal man! Congrats on the purchase. How far did you go out of state? How many miles to get it back home?
Sponsored

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White w/Blue Stripes
Ford dealer in Wilmington, Ohio. They have a Leadfoot with black stripes 18, I'm sure they'd sell for MSRP. Just got it not too long ago so they aren't hurting to get rid of it yet. Super small dealer.
I'm in CA ;(

susko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 Track
This is unfortunately the typical first world westerner’s mindset now. “Pay my way out of any trouble, as long as I get what I want I dont care”. Absolutely no principals, no sense of right vs wrong or setting a role example. We just choose the easy way out.

- The dishwasher drain is leaking? Sure call a plumber, give him $250 for a $10 part.
- Buy a house in suburbs with a big yard, but dont ever get dirt under your fingernails. Hire a landscaper and pay them $1000/month to come make your lawn look pretty.
- Buy a GT3, then make a post in forums complaining about how little rocks got into the lower rocker panel seam and then file a warranty claim against Porsche.
- Buy a GT3RS and a GT2RS, but never track them, never properly push them, put 1000 miles/year on them.

Shall I go on more?
Interestingly I disagree. Along with my health and my family, my time is my most valuable commodity. It isn't saving money. Different strokes!

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interestingly I disagree. Along with my health and my family, my time is my most valuable commodity. It isn't saving money. Different strokes!
Idk if that makes sense, since you spend time to make money :lol::thumbsup:

Sponsored

BadKarma!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R (HR815) + 23' Rivian R1S
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone started to chase down a 2019 GT350 allocation yet?

All,

It's been a while since I have been on the forum. Has anyone started the search for the 2019 GT 350 yet? If so, what's the general consensus?

Interestingly, I just called a few dealers locally today and it just so happens that dealers recently (past 24 to 48 hours) received their official Ford "Shelby Opt-In" program info. Some of you may remember back in late 15' and 16' dealers had to pay to buy into the Shelby sales program.

I don't know if this is done yearly or whenever Ford releases new vehicles, but with that recent communication, sales managers have Shelby's on their mind. - Which is a good thing.

I just found an available allocation for the 19' GT350 at MSRP (or less). Jumped on it. Done!

That said, several of the sales managers I spoke to stated they were only getting 1 allocation for a GT350 for the year and some were already spoken for.

I thought I would share these data points so people can prepare for whatever shakes out.

Happy 4th!

Mike

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All,

It's been a while since I have been on the forum. Has anyone started the search for the 2019 GT 350 yet? If so, what's the general consensus?

Interestingly, I just called a few dealers locally today and it just so happens that dealers recently (past 24 to 48 hours) received their official Ford "Shelby Opt-In" program info. Some of you may remember back in late 15' and 16' dealers had to pay to buy into the Shelby sales program.

I don't know if this is done yearly or whenever Ford releases new vehicles, but with that recent communication, sales managers have Shelby's on their mind. - Which is a good thing.

I just found an available allocation for the 19' GT350 at MSRP (or less). Jumped on it. Done!

That said, several of the sales managers I spoke to stated they were only getting 1 allocation for a GT350 for the year and some were already spoken for.

I thought I would share these data points so people can prepare for whatever shakes out.

Happy 4th!

Mike
Hey man, thanks for the info. Im looking to get a 2019 order in, unless I can find a nice lightly used 2017 for a decent price, preferably low to mid 50s (they're all like 57-60k an I dont wanna pay that much for a used beatup car). Where did you see 19 allocations for less than msrp? Thats incredible (Im in CA ;( ) cheers man :headbang:

BadKarma!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No worries. Just trying to share the data so we can all be successful in this hunt.

So, to be clear, the dealer I am working with stated they would not charge me ADM and will try to get me the car for $500 under MSRP. That said, it will be MSRP or less. To be honest, if I can get a couple of bucks off that would be fantastic, but otherwise, I am happy to pay MSRP and not a $1 more.

Too bad you are in CA. I have found several low mileage (500 to 1600) 17's in the metro NYC region. In fact, there is a beautiful 17' in Lighting Blue (no stripes) w/ Elec. Pack and 1600 miles on it for sale in NJ right now. The guy is on FB marketplace. He is asking $55k.

Keep looking and be open to out of state buys that you can go check out.

Good Luck!

Mike

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries. Just trying to share the data so we can all be successful in this hunt.

So, to be clear, the dealer I am working with stated they would not charge me ADM and will try to get me the car for $500 under MSRP. That said, it will be MSRP or less. To be honest, if I can get a couple of bucks off that would be fantastic, but otherwise, I am happy to pay MSRP and not a $1 more.

Too bad you are in CA. I have found several low mileage (500 to 1600) 17's in the metro NYC region. In fact, there is a beautiful 17' in Lighting Blue (no stripes) w/ Elec. Pack and 1600 miles on it for sale in NJ right now. The guy is on FB marketplace. He is asking $55k.

Keep looking and be open to out of state buys that you can go check out.

Good Luck!

Mike
Wow, 55k for a LB with no stripes . I hate that im in CA, Im totally open to shipping from out of state but the further it is the more itll cost, right? NYC to Bay Area would cost a pretty penny Id guess

BadKarma!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ping Intercity, Reliable, Plycar for prices. I looked at having an "R" hauled from Anaheim to CT and it was $1900.

You can always fly east, buy the car, and drive it back home. Make it a vacation!

Sponsored

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ping Intercity, Reliable, Plycar for prices. I looked at having an "R" hauled from Anaheim to CT and it was $1900.

You can always fly east, buy the car, and drive it back home. Make it a vacation!
Ooo forgot to ask, for the 2019 allocation, did they tell you how long until production starts? And how long production takes approximately? If theres a while until producion starts and all it takes to get an allocation is like a $1k refundable (I think) deposit then I can definitely try to get in on an allocation right now :eyebulge:

BadKarma!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ooo forgot to ask, for the 2019 allocation, did they tell you how long until production starts? And how long production takes approximately? If theres a while until producion starts and all it takes to get an allocation is like a $1k refundable (I think) deposit then I can definitely try to get in on an allocation right now :eyebulge:

They did not tell me about production dates etc. This info is so new that the sales manager I am working with was literally printing and reading the "Opt In" email from Ford HQ as I was on the phone with him. It sounds very much like the original program where dealers pay $1000 to be a part of this program and then they are guaranteed 1 GT350 for the year.

As he put it to me, I am way ahead of the curve but my timing was perfect as the dealers just got this email in the past day or two.

Dealers cannot hold your deposit if you back out. It's simply a bad business practice. However, I would strongly suggest making sure that is all discussed and put in writing before giving them any $$.

Just my $.02.

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They did not tell me about production dates etc. This info is so new that the sales manager I am working with was literally printing and reading the "Opt In" email from Ford HQ as I was on the phone with him. It sounds very much like the original program where dealers pay $1000 to be a part of this program and then they are guaranteed 1 GT350 for the year.

As he put it to me, I am way ahead of the curve but my timing was perfect as the dealers just got this email in the past day or two.

Dealers cannot hold your deposit if you back out. It's simply a bad business practice. However, I would strongly suggest making sure that is all discussed and put in writing before giving them any $$.

Just my $.02.
Do you recommend I call a few dealers near me and ask for any available allocations?

BadKarma!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I do.
Just called a couple CA dealers, none of them are willing to order cause they're already backed up (Morgan Hill Ford) or don't sell at MSRP (Galpin Ford), so I gave them my number and told them to give me a call when they get another trade-in 2017, lol. :thumbsup: :headbonk:

This is me when they say 20k ADM :confused: :lol:
Sponsored