Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
There are two that have been on the Fairway Ford dealership lot in N.OC for at least 10 months. I've not stopped by, but they have a DIB and a white one(both with stripes) I see every time I drive by. Must have a crazy adm on them. Tech packs maybe too.

http://go2fairway.com/Los-Angeles/For-Sale/New/?PageSize=10&Model=Mustang&SortIndex=30
Just looked at their site and it looks like they have three now. Interesting the updated price on the Shadow Black model. The others have 30k markups:headbonk: but the latest one is @ 60k(total, not 60k adm)? Huh.
That 60K is inbound. I'm sure they will tack on 40K since it's a 17.:doh:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
All the magazine articles and youtube aren't helping with these crazy ADMs either. But wait....... it came in second in the best driver awards.
:paddle:
[ame]

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Called a few dealers yesterday just to talk prices. One dealer offered me their "R" coming in at $30K over. He said he might be able to get a special deal for me at $25K if I was ready to go. LOL.

Called another dealer about GT350's and talked with the internet sales guy who I've talked with before on another car. He basically was an ass about the GT350's and acted like he didn't care to try and sell one to me because the buyers line is so deep. They were stuck at $5K ADM on all new 2017's, and he said they move them the day they come in (this is a large dealer). He said even the dealership owners friends pay an ADM lol.

Sponsored

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Called a few dealers yesterday just to talk prices. One dealer offered me their "R" coming in at $30K over. He said he might be able to get a special deal for me at $25K if I was ready to go. LOL.

Called another dealer about GT350's and talked with the internet sales guy who I've talked with before on another car. He basically was an ass about the GT350's and acted like he didn't care to try and sell one to me because the buyers line is so deep. They were stuck at $5K ADM on all new 2017's, and he said they move them the day they come in (this is a large dealer). He said even the dealership owners friends pay an ADM lol.
You need to remember that an average Ford dealer isnt used to selling cars at this caliber. Most of them act like the 45 year old guy who is dating to a supermodel for the first time in his life when they get a shelby. Their general attitude towards people and how they negotiate is really low. Most of them are rude and inappropriate. There are exceptions as I have dealt with dealers that were completely world class and salesman who treated me better than Porsche salesman did. But they were the 1%. 99% of my experience is inline with what you have observed. Most salesman who work there probably earn half if not 1/3 of what someone makes at a Porsche or Mercedes dealer. Yet they are faced with the opportunity of selling a car that is at a Porsche GT3 level. You see the problem?

Same issue with Corvette or Viper. This is the problem with the domestic sports cars. But then in the flipside this is also why they are affordable.

MSRP electronic pack deals are rare (even rarer if you need a color like race red or yellow), but they are there. I have one that just finished production I have a deposit on.

2016 Rs can be had for 10k over now. I have one that I am negotiating for 5k over. But most dealers are delusional and still want 20-30k over.

What I dont understand is how this ADM stuff is even legal. Think about bestbuy selling a $300 iphone for $450 because its out of stock elsewhere. FTC would sue them so bad that they would be out of business. I am suprised (or not) how this is going on.

There is a price that the manufacturer of a vehicle determines. Its beyond me how that price can be marked up by a third party NOT even the manufacturer. Dealer shouldnt even be able to increase the price of a car that they didnt even have any factor in producing in the first place!

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Some of these dealers are still buying their shelbys from other dealers. Right there you know you will not get a MSRP deal. One of the tricks I hate is ...." I'm selling you a 350 @ MSRP "....but they are really low balling you on your trade.
In Ga you only pay tax on the difference ...so that can be as much as $4500 a trade can save you.

DarkL1ghtn1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Some of these dealers are still buying their shelbys from other dealers. Right there you know you will not get a MSRP deal.
My local dealer was buying up all the SVT Lightnings from around the country in 2003-2004. They had 30 in stock at one point. Amazing to see, but yea, it really limits the ability to get a deal on one. (I still did.)

TMully06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2017 F80 M3, 2020 Lincoln Navigator Black Label
I know '16 Tech's are out of favor currently... but I have a lead on one (Black with OTT White)... MSRP (or less... don't quote me)... for anyone that is looking and doesn't want to pay ADM... or track the car.

PM me for details... great dealer (where I got my 17 @ MSRP).

Surely there is someone out there that is interested right?... with all the ADM push back.

Tim

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You need to remember that an average Ford dealer isnt used to selling cars at this caliber. Most of them act like the 45 year old guy who is dating to a supermodel for the first time in his life when they get a shelby. Their general attitude towards people and how they negotiate is really low. Most of them are rude and inappropriate. There are exceptions as I have dealt with dealers that were completely world class and salesman who treated me better than Porsche salesman did. But they were the 1%. 99% of my experience is inline with what you have observed. Most salesman who work there probably earn half if not 1/3 of what someone makes at a Porsche or Mercedes dealer. Yet they are faced with the opportunity of selling a car that is at a Porsche GT3 level. You see the problem?

Same issue with Corvette or Viper. This is the problem with the domestic sports cars. But then in the flipside this is also why they are affordable.

MSRP electronic pack deals are rare (even rarer if you need a color like race red or yellow), but they are there. I have one that just finished production I have a deposit on.
2016 Rs can be had for 10k over now. I have one that I am negotiating for 5k over. But most dealers are delusional and still want 20-30k over.

What I dont understand is how this ADM stuff is even legal. Think about bestbuy selling a $300 iphone for $450 because its out of stock elsewhere. FTC would sue them so bad that they would be out of business. I am suprised (or not) how this is going on.

There is a price that the manufacturer of a vehicle determines. Its beyond me how that price can be marked up by a third party NOT even the manufacturer. Dealer shouldnt even be able to increase the price of a car that they didnt even have any factor in producing in the first place!
Honestly, I think most retailers refrain from marking-up merchandise like car dealers do for marketing reasons. Imagine Wal-Mart, Target, TRU, etc marking-up the "hot" Christmas Toy 50% or more just because they can....they would get blistered by the media. For some reason, car dealers basically get a pass on this stuff. However, at the end of the day, don't blame the dealer, blame the buyers who were willing to pay to play.....ADM won't fly if no one willing to pay it. Sometimes, it is also a tactic to keep the "tire kickers" away. I recall a Dodge dealer who had a $10K ADM on an SRT4 sitting on his showroom. When I asked if they expected anyone to actually pay it, salesman said it was to keep the teenagers from asking for joy rides....not sure how that would work but that was his answer.
Sponsored