Thanks a lot Ford!

MNEBHPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
1992 GT Convertible, 2020 Ecoboost HPP Coupe
I am signed up for the BMW Road America event in mid October. I have two track capable Fords. My 2016 SHO has a recall where the back wheels might collapse, maybe when doing 100MPH through the Kink. My 2020 EB HPP now has a recall where the brake pedal just might snap off. Like when heading downhill into Turn 5 at 120MPH. Of course there are no replacement parts available yet. I believe Ford is trying to do me in. Any Ford Techs out there know how likely the brake pedal failure is? I have been to three track events already and it is still there.
Sponsored

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Every Ford I've ever owned (7) has had a recall. I figured I was in the clear getting a 20 since most recalls are on first or second year models. Both my Raptor and Mustang need to get in for recalls. At least they are taking care of the problems.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
If you have a manual transmission, you don't need to worry about the brake recall.

OP
OP

MNEBHPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
If you have a manual transmission, you don't need to worry about the brake recall.
It's an auto and the recall already shows up in the Ford App.

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I am signed up for the BMW Road America event in mid October. I have two track capable Fords. My 2016 SHO has a recall where the back wheels might collapse, maybe when doing 100MPH through the Kink. My 2020 EB HPP now has a recall where the brake pedal just might snap off. Like when heading downhill into Turn 5 at 120MPH. Of course there are no replacement parts available yet. I believe Ford is trying to do me in. Any Ford Techs out there know how likely the brake pedal failure is? I have been to three track events already and it is still there.
Unfortunately car manufacturers cannot stick with something that works. They always need to stay up to date with their competitors to stay relevant with the new age tech and designs. Also whatever saves them pennies on the dollar in manufacturing. This unfortunately leads to recalls.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Call the parts guy at your dealer and ask if the part numbers are different from the 2018 model year?

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on what it looks like you might be able to get a metal one made, just to get back in the action. Might not be cheap.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
If it makes you feel any better, my Ram 2500 had two additional recalls on it while it was at the dealership for a recall. Then after they fixed those three and I got it home, that same exact day, I received another two in the mail. One of them is for the rear main seal, which is a dispute between Cummins and Ram and while the dealership has more or less said yes, they will perform the recall, they admitted the replacement part is just as crap, so it could make the leak even worse. 5 year old truck that leaks like a 40 year old beater... Pretty much lost half the second year of ownership to it sitting at the dealer.. Really wish those recalls happened the first year so I could have lemon lawed it.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Lexus has recalls too. My wife had to take hers in and it took about 3-4 months for the part to be available.

Lexus said "the vehicle could stall and potentially be hazardous".

Sponsored

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium convertible, Kona Blue, 3.55 gears, active valve exhaust, 401A, safe and smart, B&O, polished aluminum wheels
Every brand has recalls. It is extremely common.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
As far as I understand , it is a bracket the brake pedal is mounted to that fails. I would think it would not be too difficult to fabricate a metal bracket that would be strong enough for track use. Racers have always made stronger parts for their cars over the years.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I drove Road America with the BMW CCA (I assume that's what you meant) and had a great time. Really cool track. We unfortunately had one serious crash each day. It's a dangerous track.

I'd suggest that even if you can't get your EB repaired in time, odds are you'll be OK. The percentage of failures is small.

OP
OP

MNEBHPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I drove Road America with the BMW CCA (I assume that's what you meant) and had a great time. Really cool track. We unfortunately had one serious crash each day. It's a dangerous track.

I'd suggest that even if you can't get your EB repaired in time, odds are you'll be OK. The percentage of failures is small.
I have been driving and instructing there pretty much annually since 1994 with the Audi Club or the BMW Club. It is a wonderful place.
Sponsored