Lot Rot?

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Mine was built December '17, and I bought it April '19. 9K miles now and still flawless.

[Gasp! 9K miles on a weekend car. :headbang:]
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
You're fine. Cars out on the lot get test driven and moved around constantly. $39K is a great price for what you're getting. I'd buy it if everything else is what you want.

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Looked at Marti link but only lets you go to 2017, no drop down for 2019, do I have to call for it. Thanks.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
My Lord, the anxiety around car buying....

The car sitting for 6 months is fine.

1. The paint/clear-coat will have hardened/off-gassed.
2. Nothing will be wrong with the car.
3. Hopefully test drives will have helped to break the motor in properly. Too many people baby their motors from new, and end up with ticks and oil-consumption. Test drivers do get on the motors a bit.

My car sat for months, nothing wrong with it.

Sponsored

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
No issue here. I found my wish list car on a lot in farm country. The dealer didn't order enough trucks and this was put on the trailer at Fords discretion. It sat for 6 months plus before I walked in. Dealer said 'If you want this car, I want you to have it...' and gave me a price $4k under what i was going to offer.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Last year, my neighbor bought a 2018 EcoBoost auto. Car had been on the lot so long, the battery was dead. Had to be jumped to get it running. After getting the car jumped, it's been running perfectly for over a year.

If a car can sit for 30+ years and drive away after some basic maintenance (oil change, plugs, wires, distributor), a car sitting for 6 months will be just fine.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Pass on it...the very fact that you are asking the question tells me it isn't the right car for you. Ford paint is bad enough and sitting out there for months on end with no protection on the paint...forget it. It will need a paint correction and will have oxidation in the engine and undercarriage.
What? Was this a sarcastic post and I missed it?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Meh, get a deal on that lot lounger.

My new F150 sat on a lot for six months, several of them winter. No issues.

Sponsored
OP
OP

evildronepilot

Freakobooster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 Race Red
My Lord, the anxiety around car buying....

The car sitting for 6 months is fine.

1. The paint/clear-coat will have hardened/off-gassed.
2. Nothing will be wrong with the car.
3. Hopefully test drives will have helped to break the motor in properly. Too many people baby their motors from new, and end up with ticks and oil-consumption. Test drivers do get on the motors a bit.

My car sat for months, nothing wrong with it.
Yeah, the anxiety is real!

I've been wanting a GT for a long time, and I was either going to get one at the end of this year, or just get a 2020 Mustang EB HPP (I know these are controversial around here, but it works for me.) My dealbreaker option for the GT's was Mageneride, and these don't seem to be discounted much around here. Also, the 401A's, while really cool, are also desirable and not discounted. Also, finding these options with a manual is pretty rare up here. It looks like only around 25-30% are manuals up here nere Seattle. So finding this particular car for this price is pretty awesome.

I'll pick it up on Thursday if they still have it and don't screw me around too much on trade-in; waiting for loan documents. But thanks all for the help and reassurance!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Well my battery was shot. I took to another dealer after I purchase and got new under warranty. Lol but other than that was great

my car was 34k sticker, I got it 23k otd (21.6k before tax) so above post, they want it gone. Pull their arm a bit. Make them toss a new battery in as well.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yeah, the anxiety is real!

I've been wanting a GT for a long time, and I was either going to get one at the end of this year, or just get a 2020 Mustang EB HPP (I know these are controversial around here, but it works for me.) My dealbreaker option for the GT's was Mageneride, and these don't seem to be discounted much around here. Also, the 401A's, while really cool, are also desirable and not discounted. Also, finding these options with a manual is pretty rare up here. It looks like only around 25-30% are manuals up here nere Seattle. So finding this particular car for this price is pretty awesome.

I'll pick it up on Thursday if they still have it and don't screw me around too much on trade-in; waiting for loan documents. But thanks all for the help and reassurance!
Good for you, congrats. Post pics ASAP.

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Built 9/18 - bought 6/19. It's prefect - so go jump on that bad boy and don't look back.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Pass on it...the very fact that you are asking the question tells me it isn't the right car for you. Ford paint is bad enough and sitting out there for months on end with no protection on the paint...forget it. It will need a paint correction and will have oxidation in the engine and undercarriage.
What? lol.

It's a brand new car. That's a great deal. I'd buy it.
Sponsored